Moderators: Suicideking81, ATA

war_machine323
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

ATA S31 Draft Information and Rules

Postby war_machine323 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:41 pm

Hi guys,
This post will provide information on the upcoming draft and how things will work. With Ryan dropping and we’re still at 19 owners, I cannot say when the draft will begin. It will be soon and I will make sure there is enough notice so people know when its coming.

Player Pool
The NFL has 32 teams and we have 20 teams in our league. I considered using the entire NFL player pool and implementing “ghost picks” but that adds a complex layer to draft modding. I decided to go with this:

• We will be drafting from 20 NFL teams and the remaining 12 teams will be used in next seasons draft.

• The 20 teams we will be drafting from this season will be the NFL teams that we the owners are representing on the ROM. For example, I’m the Steelers, TSBGOD is the Patriots, etc so the players from those teams will be in the draft pool.

Draft Tiers and Draft Order
• For Season 31, the draft order will be a lottery system, broken into tiers based on the ladder divisions. Levy division (5 teams) will have a mini lottery drawing to determine order of the first 5 picks of the draft. I will do the same for all the other divisions (Shula next, then Belichick, and finally Lombardi)

• For future seasons, the draft tiers will be based on finish from the previous season.

Draft Tandems
• We will be using draft tandems for certain positions to help consolidate picks and keep draft at reasonable pace. Depending on the season, the tandems may change to add some variety to the draft process.

• Season 31 will be 12 rounds and below is a list of the tandems and positions available to draft:
--QB
--RB (draft this position twice)
--WR (draft this position twice)
--TE/TE2/OL
--DL/K/P
--Backups (QB2, RB3, RB4, WR3, WR4)
--LB tandems (draft this position twice)
--DB tandems (draft this position twice)

Draft Process
• The draft will be conducted on the ATA boards on tecmoworld and discord with a Google Doc tracking all the picks. I will send out a link to the google doc once its ready.

• The first round will be rolling and all subsequent rounds in most cases will be timed. The time posted by your name is when you may make your pick. The following time posted by the next person picking is your deadline. As long as ALL the people before you have picked, you may pick before your posted time.

• If you know you are going to not be able to post when your pick is due, the only guaranteed way to get the pick that you want is to post a list on the forums or PM a draft mod with your list.

• If you miss your pick, either the Commish or Draft Mods will make an auto-pick for you at a time they feel is appropriate.

• Once you've posted, you may not retract your pick, unless no one has picked behind you. For near simultaneous posts from someone whose pick is up and from someone who is behind in the draft, post order will determine who gets what.
HSRL: Champion 1971
ATA: Champion s29
TTL: Champion s16; Runner-up s14 and s15
NTA: Champion s10

lightninglarry
Starter
Starter

Re: ATA S31 Draft Information

Postby lightninglarry » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:51 am

more than likely ill miss my draft times since i sleep during the day and work at night, so ill try my best to keep up to date lists, or maybe have someone pick for me. Could whoever updates the google document send it to ctl@tecmo.us whenever they are finished for the night so i can send lists to war or peterson or someone.
-Canes
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

war_machine323
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby war_machine323 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:56 am

lightninglarry wrote:more than likely ill miss my draft times since i sleep during the day and work at night, so ill try my best to keep up to date lists, or maybe have someone pick for me. Could whoever updates the google document send it to ctl@tecmo.us whenever they are finished for the night so i can send lists to war or peterson or someone.
-Canes

No problem. The Google doc is live at all times so as long as you have the link you can access the most up to date list. I will provide the link to all when its ready.

Also the ATA website should be up to date as well (assuming I get all the backend stuff in order by the draft).

lightninglarry
Starter
Starter

Postby lightninglarry » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:25 am

unfortunately its blocked(at least hstl was for me) at work so i had to ask someone to email me the doc
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

war_machine323
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby war_machine323 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:30 am

lightninglarry wrote:unfortunately its blocked(at least hstl was for me) at work so i had to ask someone to email me the doc

No problem, i will take care of it for you.

war_machine323
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby war_machine323 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:28 pm

Ngunn is our 20th member and has selected the Panthers. Since I have completed the ratings and updated the massive database spreadsheet including Rams players, i will not add in the Carolina players to the player pool.

Things are moving along and there may be a chance we can draft very soon!

Return to “American Tecmo Association - Season XXXII”