Penn State vs. Binghamton

JT234523
Rookie
Rookie
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Penn State vs. Binghamton

Postby JT234523 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:27 pm

Penn State came into this game against #3 Binghamton looking to make some noise in its first year in the Big Six Conference.

WR Graham Zug takes the opening kickoff inside the Bearcats 30. Penn State would score a couple of plays later to make it 7-0. On the ensuing kickoff, the Bearcats would fumble it right back to the Lions, starting a string of bad luck that continue for the entire first half. Stephfon Green would score 2 plays later to make it 14-0.

Binghamtom would then lose their starting RB Harwell on its first offensive possession and later another RB. Penn State would go into half up 14-0.

After coach JT told the Lions to not get comfortable with the lead, the Bearcats then opened the second half with a Ochocinco kickoff return for TD. 14-7 Lions.

On next Lions possession, Green would fumble right back to the Bearcats as LB Bunning takes it to the house. Lions lead vanishes in 2 minutes. 14-14.

With the Bearcats driving again late in the 3rd, the Lions come up large on D once again and stop the Bearcats on 4th down at the 2 yard line.

The Lions then go 98 yards taking up almost the entire 4th with a mix of run and pass and score on a Newsome to Zug TD pass to take a 21-14 lead.

The Bearcats make a last minute effort to tie the game and well into Lions territory but DB D'Anton Lynn would pick off QB Stetz to seal the Lions victory.

Penn State 21
Binghamton 14

Lions move to 4-3, and still in contention for Big Six

GG Lord, a lot of typical Tecmo BS that went mostly in my favor. GL rest of way.

lordsummerisle
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Re: Penn State vs. Binghamton

Postby lordsummerisle » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:47 pm

That goal-line stand you had was actually in the 1st half. I didn't have an offensive play in the 2nd half until there was under 2:00 to play. I also didn't have an offensive play in the 1st half until the game was already 14-0. I lost my two best RB's to injury and the third best one was in bad. This left me with 31 MS as my best option.

A really difficult game to stomach, but I feared this game in a major way, since PSU was better on paper at every position except TE, and very well rounded on offense. Certainly JT has come a LONG way as a player since his 0-10 campaign last season, as he kept me off guard much of the game.

GG JT, good luck to you in your bowl quest. Binghamton 6-2.

Return to “TCS Week 7”