Tecmoworld Bowl: Binghamton @ Syracuse

lordsummerisle
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Tecmoworld Bowl: Binghamton @ Syracuse

Postby lordsummerisle » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:50 am

Binghamton 28, Syracuse 21

This backyard brawl and rematch of a Week 4 matchup between these two schools separated by a 65-mile stretch of I-81 took until after the final gun had sounded to complete.

Game starts with Syracuse driving the length and punching it in to go up 7-0.

I come back on a huge run by Steve Harwell to make it 7-7.

The coach's son, Lord Summerisle, would notch an interception shortly thereafter on an awesome play to set up a short field, and Rawdog Stetz would soon find Nick Billings in the corner of the endzone to make it 14-7, Bearcats.

An accidental onside led to a short field and a quick score for the Orange, but the onside was a blessing in disguise as it allowed the Bearcats a chance to score before the half. Rawdog would drop back to pass and unload to senior TE Emanuel Unibrow, who would jump and grab the ball right as he crossed into the endzone to give Binghamton a 21-14 halftime lead.

Bing would start with the ball in the second half and would look to put the game away, but a stupid Stetz pass with the Bearcats in FG range would result in an interception. Syracuse would drive the field basically on one long CC, but would come up short on 4th and short and Binghamton would once again take over. I drove to around midfield and had a 4th and 10 or so with about 3:00 to go in the game, and I elected to go for it. No one was open and a bomb attempt failed and so the 'Cuse had it with a short field.

The Orange tried to milk some clock but found their way into the endzone with about 1:30 to play on a nice diving catch by the TE. 21-21.

Binghamton got it back with one last chance to win it. A few Run 3's and a short pass completion would get the Bearcats to the outer fringes of FG range at about their own 45 yard line. The clock read 0:03. I thought about kicking the FG, but was pretty sure I'd come up short on it. Plus, kicker Jared McKinney is garbage.

So I decided to toss up the hail mary. I made sure to pick a play where the senior Unibrow was running deep, being the fastest player on my offense, and the Orange brought the blitz with the inside linebacker. Rawdog side-stepped the rushing linebacker and before the LB could get back in position to make a play, he toss up a prayer to Unibrow, who leapt for the ball at around the 20 yard line, snuck past a couple of diving defenders, and went untouched into the end zone to capture the game.

Some shit no doubt, with Unibrow hail marys to end both halves to account for half my scoring. But I'll take what I can get, and that makes 5 bowl victories for Coach Summerisle in the last 5 seasons in TCS.

A postgame meal took place at the Blue Tusk in downtown Syracuse and Coach Summerisle and the 21 yr olds on his team got shitfaced.

GG MRTSB and GL next season
ATA BENGALS s12 Coach of the Year
WTF 1990 BENGALS League Champion
NTL s2 BENGALS League Champion
TCS XI ITHACA TSB Heaven Bowl Champion
TCS XII ITHACA League Champion (11-0)
TCS XIII ITHACA League Champion (11-0)
TCS XIV Binghamton PureTecmo Bowl Champion
TCS XV Binghamton Tecmoworld Bowl Champion

WTF BENGALS WTF-R BENGALS TCS Binghamton

Founder of the World Tecmo Federation

arncoem
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 400-210-0

Re: Tecmoworld Bowl: Binghamton @ Syracuse

Postby arncoem » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:21 pm

GG and congrats LORDS!
2 bowl games played thus far and each one decided by a JJ in the final secods w/ a tie score- see if the remaining bowls can follow suit!

Biggest surprise of this game has to be The Bearcats shutting down the TCS leader in receiving yards Syracuse's 2x ALL American TE Larry Pagina! Dont think Pagina has had a game in the past 2 seasons w/out a touchdown let alone a game w/out a reception so a big shocker there!

2006 WTF CHAMPIONS
(World Tecmo Federation)

lordsummerisle
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Re: Tecmoworld Bowl: Binghamton @ Syracuse

Postby lordsummerisle » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:41 pm

arncoem wrote:GG and congrats LORDS!
2 bowl games played thus far and each one decided by a JJ in the final secods w/ a tie score- see if the remaining bowls can follow suit!

Biggest surprise of this game has to be The Bearcats shutting down the TCS leader in receiving yards Syracuse's 2x ALL American TE Larry Pagina! Dont think Pagina has had a game in the past 2 seasons w/out a touchdown let alone a game w/out a reception so a big shocker there!

More like Vagina! PING POW FUHGEDDABOUTIT!

Return to “TCS Bowl Week”