RTL Website

Moderator: bruddog

bgboud2
Starter
Starter
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

RTL Bowl I: Ravens 28 Chargers 16

Postby bgboud2 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:59 am

In the week 2 matchup it was the Chargers who led early but ultimately fell thanks to a dominant rushing performance by LeRon Mcclain. This time neither running game broke the 100 yard mark as both run defenses contained well, but it was the Ravens passing game that was on fire in the first half en route to a 28-0 lead, while the Chargers couldn't get much going after Ladanian Tomlinson lost a fumble.
The Chargers moved the ball well in the second half until Ed Reed made a jump interception of Rivers near the goal line which was fumbled out of bounds at the 1. On the next play the Charger DL bull rushed and tackled Mcclain for a safety. After the Chargers TD drive, the Ravens faced 3rd and long. Joe Flacco hit the EXCELLENT Todd Heap deep for a CC. Shortly after he threw an interception under duress. The Chargers scored another TD and Mcclain's fumble allowed for a just a little drama at the end.

Joe Flacco finished 9/16 for 212 yards with 3TDs and 1 INT.

The Ravens defense didn't play to its level most of the season and often struggled against RBs with any kind of speed, but managed to clamp down on the league's third-highest scoring team.

Thanks for a fun rom and perhaps I'll get the 5000 yard Brees in the NFC version...
XFL BOLTS S3 12-0

tecmodactyl.................................................bgboud2

bruddog
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 406-123

Re: RTL Bowl I: Ravens 28 Chargers 16

Postby bruddog » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:27 pm

GG. The early fumble threw the Chargers out of whack as I was moving the ball pretty well on the first drive. But in the end I just did't play well enough to win. Things got more exciting in the 2nd half but again some missed opportunities and it was too little too late.

rtlchamp.nsv
(23.35 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

rtl_010301.nes
(512.02 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

Return to “Real Tecmo Football”