bruddog
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 406-123

SPECIAL GAMEPLAY HACKS TO BE AWARE OF

Postby bruddog » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:34 pm

GAMEPLAY HACKS TO BE AWARE OF

PASSING GAME:

1. There will be less times where the QB throws over the head of the WR resulting in a possible JJ attempt. Good QB's
will throw more JJ attempts than the bad QB's. Bad QB's will still misthrow the ball (out of bounds or short) more than good QB's

2. Due to better overall pass coverage the amount of coverage catches that will occur was increased. So you should be less afraid to chuck into
coverage if you have a good matchup.

3. More players can JJ int and JJ whiff when they are in front of a pass.

4. There is less difference between a shitty QB and a great QB in terms of the amount of cc's ints that will happen.

5. Pass control determines whether the ball is on target. Passing accuracy determines if the ball is caught, intercepted, or deflected.

QB SCRAMBLING/FUMBLING:

1. QB's will fumble at about a 12% rate. So scrambling and taking sacks is a lot more risky.

2.It is harder to scramble due to low QB MS and better AI.

INT/FUMBLE RETURN SPEED:

1. The speed of your player on returns is determined by his quickness value. This means some fairly long int returns are possible
if things break right for you.

GRAPPLING/BREAKING TACKLES:

1. Grapples are determined by your players HP, a random amount added, and your button pressing. Your button pressing maybe adds 5%
to the outcome.

2. Computer drones can sometimes out grapple you if the HP differential is large.

3. If HP is even the defense has an advantage in getting a tackle.

NO PICKED PLAYS

1. This should be obvious but there are no picked plays. Picking a pass defense vs pass or run defense vs run will give you a better chance of stopping the play. Of course your teams talent comes into play as well.

bgboud2
Starter
Starter
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Re: SPECIAL GAMEPLAY HACKS TO BE AWARE OF

Postby bgboud2 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:57 pm

So how strong are the drones in terms of blocking/tackling a man controlled player?
XFL BOLTS S3 12-0

tecmodactyl.................................................bgboud2

bruddog
All-Star
All-Star

Postby bruddog » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:07 am

Not very other than qbs vs dl guys with hp boosts.

Saulitary
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby Saulitary » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:26 pm

Found what I was looking for, thanks.
Last edited by Saulitary on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bgboud2
Starter
Starter

Postby bgboud2 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:40 pm

By the way, have you ever determined how getting pressured affects a QB throw? Does low PC have a higher likelihood of an off-target throw or not (when getting pressured, not just whether or not they will throw it off-target in general)?
XFL BOLTS S3 12-0

ryanr33fulcher
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby ryanr33fulcher » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:28 am

do not take this as me whining or bitching but i have a simple question. with all these changes, is it really tecmo? what i mean is isnt there some other game (2K's, madden or even super nes ver.) that is already like this. my favorite game is still just original rom, original teams and play head to head. this is not a insult by any-means. do you really enjoy this more than original rom???

just wondering your thoughts

adobery
Administrator
Administrator

Postby adobery » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:39 am

Ah, the ole what is Tecmo question. Obviously its a huge variation, but I'm in love with it.

There's still enough tecmo in there I think. Even with the changed plays, CCs, etc. it still isn't like Madden or the newer games. I think it's still arcade enough. I think you basically get the defensive formations bit that Madden had, without all the auto juking, spinning crap, or the "let's throw a bomb over the defenders stuff. (my frame of reference is the 90s maddens).

I think it will be very interesting on the matchups of offense vs defense, knowing when you can throw into coverage by knowing your matchups ahead of time. I've played several games and you definitely notice the difference with defenses are strong or weak, same with the offense.

Another thing I think is pretty cool, is you can have a couple great drives and have nothing to show for it, even without a pick or fumble. You can save a TD by tackling them at the 1, and not have to be an elite tecmo defender to be able to hold them out of the endzone if things go right.

bgboud2
Starter
Starter

Postby bgboud2 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Original is great for what it was, but I hate the way grapples work. I also always wanted the playability of Tecmo in combination with a deeper game and being able to call a real defense rather than call a pass and still have 2 receivers open on the last play of the game.

While I may not like some of the other changes (I prefer the NTL version of the grapple hack and don't like possibility of more fumbles), it beats playing the original over and over again.
XFL BOLTS S3 12-0

bruddog
All-Star
All-Star

Postby bruddog » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Spoke with fullcher but here is my two cents. The game play is still by and large tecmo just with a lot of tweaks to add a little more realism and fun to the game. I've played the game for 20+ years here is what I had grown bored or annoyed with

1. The limited selection of plays was getting pretty stale. Useable screen passes, flea flickers, and modern formations like spread, gun bunch, wildcat add some new life and strategy into the game

2. While I don't see too much wrong with tecmos try and pick a play defense scheme. It was going to be difficult to actually code that in for all the new plays. Plus I do like the aspect of being able to pick simple defensive alignments. It adds another strategy dimension to the game. Great defenses can overcome picking the wrong formation. Likewise shitty defense (lions) may still get burned even calling the right alignment

3. I find it silly that a-button mashers have a fairly noticeable strategy advantage. Sure there are things you can do to try and counteract it but it leaves you very vulnerable. Especially silly is QB's throwing off LB's. If I want to know who can mash the a-button faster i would play track and field. The grapple hack which factors in HP and gives an advantage to defense takes care of what I consider a flaw in the game.

4. QB scrambling is another ridiculous exploit I can't stand in the game. The faster the QB the more annoying and nearly impossible it is to stop save luck.

5. At least from my experience so far the playing field seems to be leveled a bit more. There have been a lot of close games when even teams are used.

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

Postby TSBGOD » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Although i fell in love with the original rom back in the day it really is a pathetic rom...too much offense makes tecmo silly. I like this rom but will take a little bit to get use to, Bruddog will have a nice edge for knowing all about rom.

Return to “League Information”