superbowl: jets @ cowboys

baxterbear12
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 61-65

superbowl: jets @ cowboys

Postby baxterbear12 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:12 pm

From bgboud...pregame chatter:
Season 7 draws to a close with a newcomer to the championship game, baxterbear12. His days as a mild-mannered noob ended several months ago, and he posted an impressive record in the HSTL. He was 6-4 in NTL this season, taking the #6 seed and knocking of the #1 Bills along the way. The Jets make a case that stats are for losers since they ranked second to last in both offense and defense out of the Pool1&2 teams. They do have the league's only 56ms return man and ranked second in yards per kick return. The biggest positional star on this team is LB Dwight Freeney who was second in the league with 10 sacks. The offense is solid all-around with two usable RBs in Carnell Williams and Clinton Portis and one of the few with a threat at WR in Steve Smith (the real-life Giants version) and a fair QB in Carson Palmer.
The defending champ daboy8821 makes his fourth title appearance, having won Seasons 3 and 6. He was the #3 seed with a 7-3 record but didn't have to play the #2 Seahawks who had owner issues. This team was true to its stats, ranking third in both offense and defense. Leigh Bodden led the league with 10 INTs, while Maurice Jones-Drew was third in rushing with 1650 yards. Tarvaris Jackson did well as a pass/run threat at QB with 57% completion, 13/5 TDs to INTs, and 336 yards rushing.

The teams met in the regular season Week 10 with the Cowboys winning 28-23. Strangely close score for a game that had the Cowboys outgaining the Jets 387-123 and Carson Palmer going 1/12 for 44 yards, 0 TDs 2 INTs.

baxterbear12
All-Star
All-Star

Re: superbowl: jets @ cowboys

Postby baxterbear12 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:25 pm

I posted that because I read it before the game and after reading it the actual game started and things went downhill pretty quickly.

I did get the ball first and scrambled for 4 yards on the first play (that was about my only highlight). Play #2, Bodden picks me off down field and the route was on. Cowboys win 35-0. I had no answers for the cowboy offense and got the feeling I couldn't have stopped it even if he only had four plays. Jones-Drew was a force and the boys may not have even called a pass play in the first half. 21-0 at half. Bodden shut down my whole offense. I did manage to get inside the 10 in the first half down 14-0, but overthrew an open reciever twice (too close to the endzone), and an imcomplete on 4th and 10 left me with no points.

I did notice that these two teams seemed to use opposite drafting ideas. My jets spread the money around and didn't go for any of the elite free agents. I instead went for the second level of talent, tried to save some money, and then apply that towards other positions. The boys on the other hand made sure they had one stud on O, Jones-Drew, one on D, Bodden and then a decent lb4 and a qb with wheels. Those components made for a deadly combination. GG

daboy8821
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby daboy8821 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:28 pm

baxterbear12 wrote:
I did notice that these two teams seemed to use opposite drafting ideas. My jets spread the money around and didn't go for any of the elite free agents. I instead went for the second level of talent, tried to save some money, and then apply that towards other positions. The boys on the other hand made sure they had one stud on O, Jones-Drew, one on D, Bodden and then a decent lb4 and a qb with wheels. Those components made for a deadly combination. GG

you must of really liked my team, your team right now is identical. You even have the same qb/rb combo. Tavaris Jackson/MJD.
same type D also

you must of been that impressed with the S7 Cowboys

gonickmontana5
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby gonickmontana5 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:56 pm

Daboy: what brand of controller were you using? And can you describe your computer exactly for us? What kind of chair do you use?

daboy8821
All-Star
All-Star

Postby daboy8821 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:06 pm

gonickmontana5 wrote:Daboy: what brand of controller were you using? And can you describe your computer exactly for us? What kind of chair do you use?

I use a nintendo retro controller, Im old school.
Like I said before, it was my first luv

I play tecmo on my dell inspirion desktop, its probably about 6 years old now but its aight wit me. details later if need be

I sit on a cheap black little stool I got from Target for about 10 bucks. My good cpu chair broke awhile back

I also like taking long walks on the beach, fishing in my underwear and singing gospel in the shower

baxterbear12
All-Star
All-Star

Postby baxterbear12 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:22 am

Um, yeah. Getting blasted 35-0 in the title game will make a guy rethink his game plan. If you can't beat 'em, join them?

During the draft you were way under the cap, I thought you'd be taking the qb and rb back for sure.

Hey gonick, how'd that first round playoff game go for you?

gonickmontana5
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby gonickmontana5 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:43 am

Hey baxt, it went pretty well. How'd it go for you?

bgboud2
Starter
Starter

Postby bgboud2 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:52 am

a rivalry is born
XFL BOLTS S3 12-0

tecmodactyl.................................................bgboud2

daboy8821
All-Star
All-Star

Postby daboy8821 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:57 am

baxterbear12 wrote:
During the draft you were way under the cap, I thought you'd be taking the qb and rb back for sure.

almost same qb/rb combo. I got a lil upgrade at both positions, vick lil faster then tavaris jackson.
a pete more hp then mjd

i did ok bidding, we'll see how my Season7 team pans out for you

baxterbear12
All-Star
All-Star

Postby baxterbear12 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:22 pm

gonickmontana5 wrote:Hey baxt, it went pretty well. How'd it go for you?

Well, I beat you 31-14 and then won two more playoff games after that before getting smashed by daboy. So he can talk all he wants, but the guy who ducked out in the first round...not so much. But maybe that's just where I come from. GG.

daboy8821
All-Star
All-Star

Postby daboy8821 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:32 pm

im not talking smack, was just pointing out the similarities.

we all bid to our strengths and weaknesses
OR whatever shit players are left

baxterbear12
All-Star
All-Star

Postby baxterbear12 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:12 pm

No worries man, I'm just here to play ball and get a break from life. I know you were just pointing out similarities. I drafted a team like the one that beat me. Didn't mean to actually get the same players, but it just kind of worked out that way. See you boys on the field.

gonickmontana5
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby gonickmontana5 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:39 pm

Well, I beat you 31-14 and then won two more playoff games after that before getting smashed by daboy. So he can talk all he wants, but the guy who ducked out in the first round...not so much. But maybe that's just where I come from. GG.

It's cool. I'm not worried. You might have beaten me, but I don't see why that would mean I can't talk. Honestly I shouldn't have even been in the playoffs, so the fact that you're listing that as an "accomplishment" is pretty awesome. Anyway, I wasn't even talking to you, I was poking fun at Daboy, who, interestingly enough, was cool about it. Hope you find what you're looking for this season, gl man!

Return to “NTL Playoffs”