Official Tecmo challenge thread!!

The official home of the Tecmo Players Circuit.
General Tecmo Discussion, Online and In Person Tournaments, and players online who want to play online Tecmo for the NES and SNES versions!
TPC Website
Supports:ImageImage

Moderator: TPC

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

Re: Official Tecmo challenge thread!!

Postby TSBGOD » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:09 pm

DUKE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone really think 4 starting white guys were going to win the national championship...really? !

MRTECMOSUPERBOWL
Champion
Champion
TSB W-L-T: 16 Titles

Postby MRTECMOSUPERBOWL » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:11 pm

coconuts622 wrote:
MRTECMOSUPERBOWL wrote:
coconuts622 wrote:
TSBGOD wrote:EVEN TEAMS CHALLENGE! MRTSB OR NUTS?

No thanks on the "even teams" ROM. Any time you'd like to show up at a live tourney and roll, I'd be glad to do so in person.

Now why would I pay over $1000 to beat you in person when I can do it online for free?

Because you wouldn't go to a live event.. You'll just hide behind your online persona like always, and never show up to a live tourney. And the only TRUE test between two guys is to play live. No turbo, no condition checkers, no play picking programs, no lag, no analog controllers, none of that garbage. I have nothing to prove to anyone.

Good day sir.

Fair enough I accept your excuse. Tell me this beyond me hiding behind my online persona which I'm actually trying to be cool and normal. Why do you even play online when all you do is complain that Live is all that matters? Obviously if online didn't matter would you be playing online? It matters in some capacity or you wouldn't be so sour after losing and making excuses.
NWO Season 1 Champion
TCS Season 11 National Champion
PTT Tourney Champion
TBL Season 1 Champion
TCS Season 16 Bowl Champion
NCAA Season 1 National Champion
TPC Tourney Champion
B&G Tourney Champion
NCAA Season 2 National Champion
WTFR Season 8 Champion (1977)
WTFR Season 10 Champion (1979)
NTF Season 3 Champion (1972)
NTF Season 4 Champion (1973)
NTF Season 6 Champion (1975)
TCS 2.0 Season 2 Bowl Champion
The OG Original WTF Season 28 Champion (2017)

***Tecmobowler 2007-2014***

coconuts622
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby coconuts622 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:15 pm

TSBGOD wrote:
MRTECMOSUPERBOWL wrote:
coconuts622 wrote:

No thanks on the "even teams" ROM. Any time you'd like to show up at a live tourney and roll, I'd be glad to do so in person.

Now why would I pay over $1000 to beat you in person when I can do it online for free?

I think he was talking to me MRTSB! My sentiments exactly though, why would I pay all that money to travel to play LIVE! You can travel to me and I will play you live for as much as you can afford COCO....to be continued..... People need to get this live shit out of their head. If you can beat someone online, you can beat them live for the most part. Certain circumstances may not allow that..such as Joeygats said, controllers were pieces of shit live. Other than that, same shit, same difference. I think 2nd place went to COCO's head....:)

And this is why it's like arguing with a brick wall. Online/console- Not even the same thing.If you guys ever went to a live tourney, you'd understand, but you don't. I'm still pissed off that you took the time to troll the Detroit Kumite stream which a good friend of mine put a lot of time and effort into. All the time you put on this persona that you are better than everyone else - that fucking rubs me the wrong way, because I grew up with it my whole life, and I'm not going to let you sit here and belittle everyone. All you are is a huge bully who hides behind a computer screen. I am done on this topic and won't revisit it further. I'm going to leave you with a quote from Roddy Piper to Chris Jericho that I've changed a bit -

I have seen TSBGOD play Tecmo. I have seen TSBGOD talk. I have even seen TSBGOD sing. I promise when I get up there to New England, I'll call you. And when you get some talent and decide to play Madison(the best tourney/day in all of Tecmo), you call me.

Boom. Mic drop.
2014 March to Glory Tourney CHAMP
OcTecmofest 2013 Tourney RUNNER-UP
Tecmo X - ELITE 8
Tecmo XI - RUNNER UP
Tundra Bowl I - 3rd place
Tundra Bowl III - CHAMP

MRTECMOSUPERBOWL
Champion
Champion
TSB W-L-T: 16 Titles

Postby MRTECMOSUPERBOWL » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:21 pm

I think both formats are cool as heck. I enjoy both, but I wouldn't pay over a $1,000 to play tecmo. I just rather plan a vacation with that money and go somewhere nice. Nothing personal...
NWO Season 1 Champion
TCS Season 11 National Champion
PTT Tourney Champion
TBL Season 1 Champion
TCS Season 16 Bowl Champion
NCAA Season 1 National Champion
TPC Tourney Champion
B&G Tourney Champion
NCAA Season 2 National Champion
WTFR Season 8 Champion (1977)
WTFR Season 10 Champion (1979)
NTF Season 3 Champion (1972)
NTF Season 4 Champion (1973)
NTF Season 6 Champion (1975)
TCS 2.0 Season 2 Bowl Champion
The OG Original WTF Season 28 Champion (2017)

***Tecmobowler 2007-2014***

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:29 pm

TSBGOD wrote:
MRTECMOSUPERBOWL wrote:
coconuts622 wrote:

I think he was talking to me MRTSB! My sentiments exactly though, why would I pay all that money to travel to play LIVE! You can travel to me and I will play you live for as much as you can afford COCO....to be continued..... People need to get this live shit out of their head. If you can beat someone online, you can beat them live for the most part. Certain circumstances may not allow that..such as Joeygats said, controllers were pieces of shit live. Other than that, same shit, same difference. I think 2nd place went to COCO's head....:) Tired of this live shit talking..Especially sad Wisconsin live shit.

DUKE FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone really think 4 starting white guys were going to win the national championship...really? !

i have witnesses this time to tell you how bad i was with the controller in game i lost and no its not the NES troller in general. cause i been using one since i came back from madison and i do just fine. and you def need more time to adjust to console from online then 1 day and half, after playing online your whole life.. plus at a tourney online or live its 1 and done, no chance for a rematch or a best of, so anything can happen long as the match ups right. im loving the challenges going around though, way to bring some spark back mrtecmo and tsb god! coco for the record would prob beat both yous though FUNTIME
Rest in Peace mikeyscull - one of the best players to ever play online

think your good at tecmo and want to prove it? then join the action today! viewtopic.php?f=1118&t=43242

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:33 pm

coconuts622 wrote:
TSBGOD wrote:
MRTECMOSUPERBOWL wrote:
coconuts622 wrote:

I think he was talking to me MRTSB! My sentiments exactly though, why would I pay all that money to travel to play LIVE! You can travel to me and I will play you live for as much as you can afford COCO....to be continued..... People need to get this live shit out of their head. If you can beat someone online, you can beat them live for the most part. Certain circumstances may not allow that..such as Joeygats said, controllers were pieces of shit live. Other than that, same shit, same difference. I think 2nd place went to COCO's head....:)

And this is why it's like arguing with a brick wall. Online/console- Not even the same thing.If you guys ever went to a live tourney, you'd understand, but you don't. I'm still pissed off that you took the time to troll the Detroit Kumite stream which a good friend of mine put a lot of time and effort into. All the time you put on this persona that you are better than everyone else - that fucking rubs me the wrong way, because I grew up with it my whole life, and I'm not going to let you sit here and belittle everyone. All you are is a huge bully who hides behind a computer screen. I am done on this topic and won't revisit it further. I'm going to leave you with a quote from Roddy Piper to Chris Jericho that I've changed a bit -

I have seen TSBGOD play Tecmo. I have seen TSBGOD talk. I have even seen TSBGOD sing. I promise when I get up there to New England, I'll call you. And when you get some talent and decide to play Madison(the best tourney/day in all of Tecmo), you call me.

Boom. Mic drop.

I have never trolled any board, so not sure what the fuck you are talking about. I hope you know there is 3 Tsbgod's that are trolling the board. Sorry if you cannot tell which is the real me bro. 1). I never said I am better than anyone, nor do I have the ego that you think I have. I like having fun and busting your ballls..you take it so serious it's fucking comical. It's tecmo man, not real life! Wake the fuck up. I know live is a tad different, I am not dumb, but it's not really as major as you make it out to be. Some difference, some good, some bad differences. All in all, it still is Tecmo. I rub you the wrong way becasue you have thin skin and a weak mind obviously. Get over yourself and move on, first step to recovery.... :like:

P.S> you did not grow up with it your whole life like me..I can bet you anything, nobody has played more games of tecmo in their entire life than me..This is not an assumption, this is a FACT! So do not give me any of this belittling shit either... I have not belittled anyone other than RyanP if you call that me saying he will never be a Elite player is belittling. I call it giving my opinion.( For the record, Ryan is a very good guy, do not get it twisted). Do not call me out Coco if you are not saying anything that has the truth in it. Let me leave you with a quote

Get off that imaginary high horse of yours and put the crack pipe down. Good day sir.

Online/Live..same shit ! Also, Coco is a good guy also, just easy to ruffles his feathers. I like the fight in that KID! LOL

Well when you get off your high horse, we can play even teams rom for whatever you want kid? let me know. You may even win with some Tecmo luck!

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:45 pm

also lets clear this up

first off live and online are not the same period..

then you add the fact, live is original rom and a tourney. so why would someone try to compare that to a online league? online you play each other alot, live you play each other 1 time a year. so no chance to get familiar with someones style

so can we stop comparing online and live please. i dont hear anyone at a live tourney talking about how they would own someone online. so why do people who play online say they would own someone live.

my tourney in OCT is gonna change the face of online tecmo forever

ps: yes its still the game live or online but the feel is slightly different though, so you need least 30 games to fully make a cross over. but the game itself does not change. its just a slightly different feeling
Rest in Peace mikeyscull - one of the best players to ever play online

think your good at tecmo and want to prove it? then join the action today! viewtopic.php?f=1118&t=43242

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:49 pm

joeegats wrote:also lets clear this up

first off live and online are not the same period..

then you add the fact, live is original rom and a tourney. so why would someone try to compare that to a online league? online you play each other alot, live you play each other 1 time a year. so no chance to get familiar with someones style

so can we stop comparing online and live please. i dont hear anyone at a live tourney talking about how they would own someone online. so why do people who play online say they would own someone live.

my tourney in OCT is gonna change the face of online tecmo forever

I am not talking the same as those things Joey. I am talking equipment and game play only. The real test of all tests would be a LIVE tournament on Big screen TV/Monitors with your own controllers. That is the fairest way to ever see who is better. Console is more of a novelty, nostalgia thing that people need to get off that shit. Big screens and your own controllers would be the best way.

Tecmo Psycho
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 6 Titles

Postby Tecmo Psycho » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:35 pm

Online Tecmo and live Tecmo are very different.

#1 You cannot play true console Tecmo on a big screen. Console Tecmo is not nostalgic. There is a proven delay between CRT-TV monitors and flat screen / big screen TVs. Google it. There is a noticeable difference between kickoffs, kicking FGs, juking, defensive angles, changing of speed, etc. That true speed game play is not the same on emulation. You can put the two next to each other, start the games at the exact same time, and see the difference. So when people say they only play Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega on console they are not doing it because of the nostalgia factor, they are doing it because of timing. Try playing Mike Tyson's PunchOut!! all the way through on an emulator and then jump straight to a console and play all the way through.

[video]https://youtu.be/Y1JUbCoLKxs[/video]

#2 Defective equipment and controllers are not an issue EVER!. At any major tournament controllers are swapped out if someone is "not happy". There is nothing said. People play on those systems all day with the same controller and who rarely hear people complaining about the controller. If they do, they say something. If they choose not to, that is their own fault.

#3 Look at the facts. People who perform at live tournaments have a contrasting record live vs. online. Even regulator088. I bet you regulator088's win% live is significantly higher than it is online. Myself, I am .515 in leagues and .700 in live tournaments. Look at people who only played online and then came to one or two tournaments. They struggled. I am not going to name drop here, but facts are facts.

#4 Leagues are not the same as original ROM. With the exception of Tecmo Team Cup and Tournament Training League there are no leagues that run the original ROM in its entirety. Different games all together. People online get so fixated into moving players into different defensive positions that they become accustomed to having such a luxury. When those same people are forced to play original ROM players in original positions they do not perform as well.

#5 Atmosphere. Not as big as the others, but definitely a factor. When you play online, you play in the comfort of your own home. This is more relaxing and less stressful than playing in a room with anywhere from 10-250 people watching you. At home there are no people screaming in your ear. At home there is not "a lot" on the line. You can take risks you normally would't at a live tournament (this can be good or bad).

#6 People can choose to spend money how they wish. People can justify going to live Tecmo tournaments or justify playing online only. However, if you do not do both your opinion means little to nothing to me. I go with people who can attest to it personally. For the record, I didn't read anything above coco's post and not going to.

The bottom line is that you cannot prove anything until you do it. Justified or not. My :2cents:
THIRD PLACE: Buffalo Bounty IV, Midwest Tecmo IX, and 2017 Cincinnati Championships
FINAL FOUR:  Detroit Kumite II and Indy Tecmo I

Tecmo Psycho
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 6 Titles

Postby Tecmo Psycho » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:48 pm

Also, if wanting to customize your team is one of the perks of your game in online Tecmo you have one day left to enter this unique live tournament: http://tecmobowl.org/topic/63669-salem- ... pots-open/

THIRD PLACE: Buffalo Bounty IV, Midwest Tecmo IX, and 2017 Cincinnati Championships
FINAL FOUR:  Detroit Kumite II and Indy Tecmo I

bgboud2
Starter
Starter
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby bgboud2 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:14 pm

While display lag is a very real thing, that with emulation can be less than one frame difference from console under the right conditions. http://tecmobowl.org/topic/63263-latenc ... ps-camera/

The 50-150ms ping times you get in online play are what make the game feel different.
XFL BOLTS S3 12-0

tecmodactyl.................................................bgboud2

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:21 am

Tecmo Psycho wrote:Online Tecmo and live Tecmo are very different.

#1 You cannot play true console Tecmo on a big screen. Console Tecmo is not nostalgic. There is a proven delay between CRT-TV monitors and flat screen / big screen TVs. Google it. There is a noticeable difference between kickoffs, kicking FGs, juking, defensive angles, changing of speed, etc. That true speed game play is not the same on emulation. You can put the two next to each other, start the games at the exact same time, and see the difference. So when people say they only play Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega on console they are not doing it because of the nostalgia factor, they are doing it because of timing. Try playing Mike Tyson's PunchOut!! all the way through on an emulator and then jump straight to a console and play all the way through.

[video]https://youtu.be/Y1JUbCoLKxs[/video]

#2 Defective equipment and controllers are not an issue EVER!. At any major tournament controllers are swapped out if someone is "not happy". There is nothing said. People play on those systems all day with the same controller and who rarely hear people complaining about the controller. If they do, they say something. If they choose not to, that is their own fault.

#3 Look at the facts. People who perform at live tournaments have a contrasting record live vs. online. Even regulator088. I bet you regulator088's win% live is significantly higher than it is online. Myself, I am .515 in leagues and .700 in live tournaments. Look at people who only played online and then came to one or two tournaments. They struggled. I am not going to name drop here, but facts are facts.

#4 Leagues are not the same as original ROM. With the exception of Tecmo Team Cup and Tournament Training League there are no leagues that run the original ROM in its entirety. Different games all together. People online get so fixated into moving players into different defensive positions that they become accustomed to having such a luxury. When those same people are forced to play original ROM players in original positions they do not perform as well.

#5 Atmosphere. Not as big as the others, but definitely a factor. When you play online, you play in the comfort of your own home. This is more relaxing and less stressful than playing in a room with anywhere from 10-250 people watching you. At home there are no people screaming in your ear. At home there is not "a lot" on the line. You can take risks you normally would't at a live tournament (this can be good or bad).

#6 People can choose to spend money how they wish. People can justify going to live Tecmo tournaments or justify playing online only. However, if you do not do both your opinion means little to nothing to me. I go with people who can attest to it personally. For the record, I didn't read anything above coco's post and not going to.

The bottom line is that you cannot prove anything until you do it. Justified or not. My :2cents:

I never said it is not different, just not as big as some people lead it to be. I have talked with some that go to the live tournaments and they say it's still Tecmo and not a huge difference other than atmosphere and controllers for most part. Sure the lag is a tad different but that does not make a player better or worse IMO, we all have dealt with that. True tournament would be live with everyones real controller hooked up with a monitor and a rom. When you are both there it is not bad at all, I have played both console and on a monitor with a friend, not a huge difference. Once again, people taking live too serious, and really blowing it out of proportion. This is coming from a guy(me) who has probably played more console games than anyone in the history of Tecmo. You guys have your fun Live, that is not for me. I do not take Tecmo that serious to travel 100's of miles. If I did, it would to meet people, not really care about Tecmo itself. To answer your Statement about winning PCT for online VS Live..Easy answer, much easier games live than league play online. I seen those tournaments. All the skill is mostly at the top... Just my :2cents: , not taking anything away from someones talent live, just to me it is not the big gap that most people make it out to be.

callmefairf
Rookie
Rookie

Postby callmefairf » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:13 pm

Return to “Tecmo Players Circuit”