Ideas on how to get tpc back on top?

The official home of the Tecmo Players Circuit.
General Tecmo Discussion, Online and In Person Tournaments, and players online who want to play online Tecmo for the NES and SNES versions!
TPC Website
Supports:ImageImage

Moderator: TPC

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Ideas on how to get tpc back on top?

Postby joeygats » Sat May 10, 2014 7:54 am

when i first came on to the scene being number 1 on tpc rankings meant something. but now in days it means very little.
so if anyone has ideas how to get back on top im all ears..

is there a way the tpc site can have a separate section to upload challenge matches? and keep track of who won and who lost? idk just a thought.
Rest in Peace mikeyscull - one of the best players to ever play online

think your good at tecmo and want to prove it? then join the action today! viewtopic.php?f=1118&t=43242

clarkham
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Re: Ideas on how to get tpc back on top?

Postby clarkham » Sat May 10, 2014 2:46 pm

He needs to redo the TPC formula to reward quality of wins more than quantity of wins. How to get on top is to just play a ton, and beat te other guys that play a ton at least once every 30 days.
TTL XX LIONS & FALCONS

TTL commissioner
Five-Time Online Champion (XFL I, XFL XII, CTL XIX, TTL XIV, TTL XVII)
AIM: clarkhamilton1

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Sat May 10, 2014 3:35 pm

yea that would be a start

think your good at tecmo and want to prove it? then join the action today! viewtopic.php?f=1118&t=43242

hankthetank
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: Bad

Postby hankthetank » Sat May 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Well can we try to get more people to agree to count league wins as TPC games? TTL should be an easy agreement for that since it follows the rules. Challenge games should be TPC games. More TPC Tournaments would help. Even a TPC league it would not be like a season it could be like a world cup style where we just keep track of who won. The more games that could as TPC games the better. The more quality players the better. Right now the top here are the top 10 players and how they are ranked in Bruddogs top 52.

#1 Chino Pino #51
#2 ninjahessmaster unranked
#3 Ryan11P #46
#4 Joegatez unranked
#5 Hankthetank unranked
#6 bgboud2 #15
#7 Justinpeters51 #26
#8 rdleifriarf #9
#9 DangeRickMirer unranked
#10 red98sethuthut #41

If better players were the at the top of the rankings there would be more incentive to be ranked higher than they are.
NTF 49ERS WTFC BEARS TRL TECMODOLPHINS BSTARS WORLDPOWERS

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Sat May 10, 2014 4:59 pm

a tpc league sounds great but how would it work? also combing the challenge and tpc is ideal but would need the tpc site to make a section for it.. and im not sure is sois would want to.. as far as uploading league games to tpc i def dont see that happing but mrtecmo ran league were he created alias for everyone in the league and uploaded the wins there. so something like that could work

hankthetank
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby hankthetank » Sat May 10, 2014 6:51 pm

Well the Challenge games featuring Madison rules don't need to be adjusted. If you are playing with some kind of Grapple hack or same teams that would be an issue. You can upload games at 28 team non original rom however. If a section added called leagues was added maybe that would work. The league would be set kind of similar to how the live tournaments are ran. No one would be assigned to any team. The exact structure would depend on the interest in the league. However if there were 8 players one way to do it would be to have everyone play each other twice with each player choosing the match up once allowing the other to choose the team or which side of the field they got. No choosing the same match up twice (maybe). Then some sort of playoff would happen. The stats of an individual player in the game would be left out and it would be about the record of the actual tecmo player not the team. Standings of the games could be done in a forum or a new website. All games would be TPC.

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Sat May 10, 2014 11:09 pm

hankthetank wrote:Well the Challenge games featuring Madison rules don't need to be adjusted. If you are playing with some kind of Grapple hack or same teams that would be an issue. You can upload games at 28 team non original rom however. If a section added called leagues was added maybe that would work. The league would be set kind of similar to how the live tournaments are ran. No one would be assigned to any team. The exact structure would depend on the interest in the league. However if there were 8 players one way to do it would be to have everyone play each other twice with each player choosing the match up once allowing the other to choose the team or which side of the field they got. No choosing the same match up twice (maybe). Then some sort of playoff would happen. The stats of an individual player in the game would be left out and it would be about the record of the actual tecmo player not the team. Standings of the games could be done in a forum or a new website. All games would be TPC.

very good points and some nice ideas. but not many people feel comfortable with league games being counted as tpc
i like the league section idea though but i only seeing it working if the league was tpc based...
tpc site def needs a challenge section that will really bring back traffic to it.. also a tourney every 4 months wouldnt be to bad either...thunderdome for the summer/ octoberfest for october and march to glory....

3 major tournies yearly upload all games to tecmoplayers circuit

thunder dome in june 15th (post recaps on tecmobowl.org) classic thunder dome rules

oct fest in oct (post recaps on tecmo.us) typical madison style

march to glory (post recaps on tecmo.us) orig rom same teams

well?

what do yous think?

TDO
TSB W-L-T: 405-1216-8

Postby TDO » Sat May 10, 2014 11:35 pm

joeegats wrote:tournies

Already been announced there will be quarterly tournies with cash prizes. Going forward only those active in TPC will be allowed to participate in tournaments.

joeegats wrote:and im not sure is sois would want to

Sois doesn't "own" tpc anymore, I suppose you could say that I "own" it but I dont see it like that, but its a part of TW in terms of its hosting and Sois passing the torch to me...so i guess you could say i do. Owning tecmo has never been my thing.

hankthetank wrote:TPC league

There are too many leagues right now as it is, TPC was never meant to be a league and will not be a league.

clarkham wrote:He needs to redo the TPC formula to reward quality of wins more than quantity of wins. How to get on top is to just play a ton, and beat te other guys that play a ton at least once every 30 days.

How would you formulate this?

joeegats wrote:is there a way the tpc site can have a separate section to upload challenge matches? and keep track of who won and who lost? idk just a thought.

Try this: http://www.tecmoplayers.com/?page_id=21&player=667
Antiquity League- Federal League Champions 1982, 1985

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Sat May 10, 2014 11:44 pm

TDO wrote:
joeegats wrote:tournies

Already been announced there will be quarterly tournies with cash prizes. Going forward only those active in TPC will be allowed to participate in tournaments.

joeegats wrote:and im not sure is sois would want to

Sois doesn't "own" tpc anymore, I suppose you could say that I "own" it but I dont see it like that, but its a part of TW in terms of its hosting and Sois passing the torch to me...so i guess you could say i do. Owning tecmo has never been my thing.

hankthetank wrote:TPC league

There are too many leagues right now as it is, TPC was never meant to be a league and will not be a league.

clarkham wrote:He needs to redo the TPC formula to reward quality of wins more than quantity of wins. How to get on top is to just play a ton, and beat te other guys that play a ton at least once every 30 days.

How would you formulate this?

joeegats wrote:is there a way the tpc site can have a separate section to upload challenge matches? and keep track of who won and who lost? idk just a thought.

Try this: http://www.tecmoplayers.com/?page_id=21&player=667

i see and did not know you ran tpc now.. sorry. so what about a section for the challenge?

clarkham
All-Star
All-Star

Postby clarkham » Sun May 11, 2014 5:05 am

You'd have to formulate it by incorporating gats/bruddogs rankings, TDO.

Why are you showing us a link to AHake's TPC page?
TTL XX LIONS & FALCONS

TTL commissioner
Five-Time Online Champion (XFL I, XFL XII, CTL XIX, TTL XIV, TTL XVII)
AIM: clarkhamilton1

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Sun May 11, 2014 7:08 pm

just had a cool idea.. you know where it shows players names on the tpc site. it be cool to have all the current leagues they are apart of..

right next to the twitter tab there could be a current leagues tab.. what you think?

hankthetank
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby hankthetank » Mon May 12, 2014 5:09 pm

I like that idea.

Another idea i just thought of is to have a defending Champion of TPC. Whoever wins the next tournament could be crowned the TPC champion and defend his Title at least once a month in some kind of best of 7 or whatever.

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Sat May 24, 2014 12:58 am

can we have something that sorts players by years joined on the site?

TDO
TSB W-L-T: 405-1216-8

Postby TDO » Sat May 24, 2014 7:03 pm

joeegats wrote:can we have something that sorts players by years joined on the site?

I can do that but it wouldn't be a be all end all for who started when. Some guys started before TPC existed, some don't join TPC until after having started in online tecmo by another means, and there there was the whole reboot sois' did about a year after TCS started and everyone had to re-sign up with fresh slate of no games played.
Antiquity League- Federal League Champions 1982, 1985

swampc1
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby swampc1 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:57 am

I have been posting a bunch on the fact that there are too many WTF style leagues in the other forum.

One thing that would help TPC a lot is the following things:

1) reduce the amount of redundant leagues that have high turnover each season. Cut down to 2 wtf style leagues perhaps. Thus making guys who want to play games go to TPC to get their tecmo fix. Rather than just playing league games all the time it would force guys to get on tpc to play games.... and this is a GOOD Thing. it makes tecmo more attractive and viable for newbs. It helps weed out the new guys who are flakes from those who are good guys. It would create a stronger waiting list for existing leagues and serve as a recruitment tool. TPC is very important to the tecmo community and needs to be used by more of us veterans.

2) make it mandatory for all current league members to play 5 games per month in tpc. that is not a huge deal. it could be done in a day or two.. however, it gets more blood pumping through tpc.. it gives more new players an opportunity to play the vets and to actually find a player to compete against rather than hitting up guys and not getting a response. It would create more excitement on tpc, thus attracting more players, thus attracting more newbs and keeping them interested. If a league participant would fail to do this in an honest manner than he would need replaced in his league and put back on the waiting list. This is just good for the entire community as a whole.

Just these 2 things would put TPC way back up there and help it become the recruiting tool that we all need to keep this community thriving.

MRTECMOSUPERBOWL
Champion
Champion
TSB W-L-T: 16 Titles

Postby MRTECMOSUPERBOWL » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:08 am

Preach it Swamp. Preach it.. Someone is bound to hear you, but doesn't mean anything will change.
NWO Season 1 Champion
TCS Season 11 National Champion
PTT Tourney Champion
TBL Season 1 Champion
TCS Season 16 Bowl Champion
NCAA Season 1 National Champion
TPC Tourney Champion
B&G Tourney Champion
NCAA Season 2 National Champion
WTFR Season 8 Champion (1977)
WTFR Season 10 Champion (1979)
NTF Season 3 Champion (1972)
NTF Season 4 Champion (1973)
NTF Season 6 Champion (1975)
TCS 2.0 Season 2 Bowl Champion
The OG Original WTF Season 28 Champion (2017)

***Tecmobowler 2007-2014***

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

Postby TSBGOD » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:46 am

Less leagues would solve a lot. Too many leagues in Tecmo, very watered down. If I had my wish, there would be only about 5 or 6 leagues in Tecmo. 2 WTF leagues, ATA, CTL and 2 others. that's all you need to bring fire back to Tecmo. Would be harder to get in a league, would be easy to find a new owner, would be easier to schedule games, so on, so ,so on! This will never happen due to the powers that be, but this is and would be the best thing for Tecmo. League titles would mean much more. My :2cents:

MRTECMOSUPERBOWL
Champion
Champion

Postby MRTECMOSUPERBOWL » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:57 am

TSBGOD wrote:Less leagues would solve a lot. Too many leagues in Tecmo, very watered down. If I had my wish, there would be only about 5 or 6 leagues in Tecmo. 2 WTF leagues, ATA, CTL and 2 others. that's all you need to bring fire back to Tecmo. Would be harder to get in a league, would be easy to find a new owner, would be easier to schedule games, so on, so ,so on! This will never happen due to the powers that be, but this is and would be the best thing for Tecmo. League titles would mean much more. My :2cents:

100% correct... No one has the guys to shut down all the shitty WTF leagues. It's like the plague now... The leagues are on life support they will all die, but it will be a slow death...
NWO Season 1 Champion
PTT Tourney Champion
TBL Season 1 Champion
TPC Tourney Champion
B&G Tourney Champion

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

Postby TSBGOD » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:05 am

Has nothing to do with guts, more like BRAINS!

MRTECMOSUPERBOWL
Champion
Champion

Postby MRTECMOSUPERBOWL » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:38 pm

TSBGOD wrote:Has nothing to do with guts, more like BRAINS!

Man you're so right on no joke.
NWO Season 1 Champion
PTT Tourney Champion
TBL Season 1 Champion
TPC Tourney Champion
B&G Tourney Champion

tecmo_ninja
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby tecmo_ninja » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:49 pm

I agree with you guys. I'm not apart of a lot of leagues so I won't say anything about them. I enjoy playing TPC more than having league games but seems like there isn't more than 12-15 of us a month logging games at times. I agree that there is a ton of leagues out there and a high turnover rate in most of them that I have been in before. I was up to 5-6 leagues at one point just because I couldn't say no to anyone that was desperate for an owner.

I also think a monthly tourney is a great idea as well with the requirements of having logged x amount of games to get into it. Hopefully you don't have to offer a cash prize each time because that sucks for you :(
MADISON XI CHAMP (COSTUME CONTEST)
MADISON X RUNNER UP (COSTUME CONTEST)

Coach FAQS
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Coach FAQS » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:36 pm

Me.

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:39 pm

Wow cant believe i ignored the obvious and biggest reason why people dont upload to TPC anymore

WE ARE FKING LAZY. back in 08 to 2010 the human race wasnt as lazy as we are now. we are so lazy instead of finding a site that has all your favorite epsiodes of a tv show. that is no longer good enough, we need a 24/7 stream that plays them for you on a loop.

so the only way tpc will be back if uploading is 1 click. choose state submit.. no more picking what rom it was or if you were home or away or finding the person you played on a list. actually the person on a list cant be change but can be made eaiser. how? idk maybe you can paste his name.

anyways moral is uploading has to be made eaiser

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:43 pm

and if you think im wrong 1 word. instagram is the thing that shows how lazy we gotten as a race. its a disgrace and i can say im one of the laziest smh

bruddog
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 406-123

Postby bruddog » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:46 pm

Having an autocomplete for the player entry would be nice. Like typing in bru in the opp box would give me bruddog as the only optoin.

Return to “Tecmo Players Circuit”