Ideas on how to get tpc back on top?

The official home of the Tecmo Players Circuit.
General Tecmo Discussion, Online and In Person Tournaments, and players online who want to play online Tecmo for the NES and SNES versions!
TPC Website
Supports:ImageImage

Moderator: TPC

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Ideas on how to get tpc back on top?

Postby joeygats » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:49 pm

bruddog wrote:Having an autocomplete for the player entry would be nice. Like typing in bru in the opp box would give me bruddog as the only optoin.

yea thats what i mean

so upload state, choose opponent type bru you pop up and choose you, hit submit.. would be great
Rest in Peace mikeyscull - one of the best players to ever play online

think your good at tecmo and want to prove it? then join the action today! viewtopic.php?f=1118&t=43242

disastamasta
All-Star
All-Star

Postby disastamasta » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:16 am

I have an original idea that would be awesome if implemented.
Allow each game uploaded to have a comment section below the stats, where any TPCer can comment. It would get more people involved in looking at games, players, and stats and could boost tpc/tecmo morale. trash talk, point out interesting statistical anomaly's, crazy matchups, ridiculous outcomes, player improvement.

http://www.tecmoplayers.com/?page_id=72&game=3114

example of what someone could comment on this game.
sconnieale: why is nobody the vikings?
rdleifriaf: who is this n00b passing 12/14 with schroeder in his 2nd game online ever?
-------disastamasta: interested in signing up for my school of tecmo class? I only accept cash being that I'm 14 years old and don't have a checking account.
kaberger: Malferds only ran 26 times, LMAO!
GAG SEASON 1 CHAMP
ETL SEASON 1 CHAMP
Phoenix Arizona Champion 2013

Joeygats (10:17:57 PM): u have the best jukes on tpc

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:29 pm

great idea disasta.. agreed. and allow more words instead of 20. least 100

think your good at tecmo and want to prove it? then join the action today! viewtopic.php?f=1118&t=43242

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:47 pm

same thing i just pmed TDO. (not my idea, brus)

how bout a option to say if its a league game or tpc game so someone can track all their online wins in one place..

but at same time if you chose league it wont change your tpc record or the person you beat, it will go into a separate category and after the year is up it stops tracking and moves on to the next year. so its a year by year type tracker of all the games u play ... and to upload the person dont have to be registered to tpc you just enter there name.

i think alot of people would love this idea cause they can track their overall record for everything in one place which has never been done before. it would def be ground breaking

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:48 pm

also making Record Books Public is another thing that will help. wat is point in a record book if only u can see it?

TDO
TSB W-L-T: 405-1216-8

Postby TDO » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:58 pm

Joey I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I had some personal things that took (and will always take) precedent over tecmo. TPC is the top of my list of things to revamp, however nothing happens in a few minutes. TPC will be getting revamped, It will happen and it will happen soon, but it's not going to happen overnight, or in a week.
Antiquity League- Federal League Champions 1982, 1985

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:03 am

TDO wrote:Joey I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I had some personal things that took (and will always take) precedent over tecmo. TPC is the top of my list of things to revamp, however nothing happens in a few minutes. TPC will be getting revamped, It will happen and it will happen soon, but it's not going to happen overnight, or in a week.

no one said anything about a time frame.. but you can least have another of thread telling us the ideas that will be on the new updated site,so we know what to look forward to.

have you liked any of the ideas, will you use them? we are in the dark.....

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:05 am

just give us a list of all the ideas in this thread that will be used when the redesign/upgrade happens is all i ask.

TDO
TSB W-L-T: 405-1216-8

Postby TDO » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:15 am

There is a lot of good ideas, i think most will be used not counting some I've already said no to. Ideas and implementation are two different things. I can't give you a definitely list of what's going to happen until it happens as coding may impede or prevent certain things without a complete re-write which would end up being even longer to get done.
Antiquity League- Federal League Champions 1982, 1985

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:18 am

got ya

Turbo
Rookie
Rookie
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby Turbo » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:36 am

As a new guy I think the whole set up is confusing, if you want to draw more players to the TPC simple is key. Simplicity is why we are all drawn to Tecmo In the first place. AIM link and player handle is really all you would need then if you clicked player handle all the feedback and game by game summary would be accessible. It took me three days to get to where I kind of understand how the TPC and Tecmobowl.org and Tecmo.us are three different groups of the same community. My advice would be to plug the TPC from a social media stand point. I know that done correctly you could double the active players on the Circut.

Also I had no idea about the TPC until three days ago when I commented on a Super Tecmo Bowl post on face book and did some investigating on my own. In my opinion there are too many leagues worrying about the wrong things like touchbacks and new play calling ability and no one is addressing NEW PLAYER RECRUITMENT. That's how anything would get stronger and better is with more active members. Has anyone made a TPC facebook page? I know that that alone would generate much needed buzz surrounding the TPC.

MRTECMOSUPERBOWL
Champion
Champion
TSB W-L-T: 16 Titles

Postby MRTECMOSUPERBOWL » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:09 pm

Turbo wrote:As a new guy I think the whole set up is confusing, if you want to draw more players to the TPC simple is key. Simplicity is why we are all drawn to Tecmo In the first place. AIM link and player handle is really all you would need then if you clicked player handle all the feedback and game by game summary would be accessible. It took me three days to get to where I kind of understand how the TPC and Tecmobowl.org and Tecmo.us are three different groups of the same community. My advice would be to plug the TPC from a social media stand point. I know that done correctly you could double the active players on the Circut.

Also I had no idea about the TPC until three days ago when I commented on a Super Tecmo Bowl post on face book and did some investigating on my own. In my opinion there are too many leagues worrying about the wrong things like touchbacks and new play calling ability and no one is addressing NEW PLAYER RECRUITMENT. That's how anything would get stronger and better is with more active members. Has anyone made a TPC facebook page? I know that that alone would generate much needed buzz surrounding the TPC.

Great post..

LuckyTool
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby LuckyTool » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:52 pm

It seems Discord is helping to revive TPC. I see people getting games on there all of the time. Is there any way to see the stats of games uploaded by week (month) to the TPC website?
HSTL Season XXV, XXVI, & XXVII Champion
Baseball Stars Seasons I & II Champion
MIB Season III Champion

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:31 pm

i would really like to see the tpc site improve. as of now its really slow, freezes my browser for a minute, the chat interace isnt the best and the top 10 takes forever to update..

also should be a ez way to run a tourney on there instead of using the challenge site for a bracket. all tournies should be on the tpc site not anywhere else imo.

and lets not forget all them great ideas people had from before

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:33 pm

TDO wrote:Joey I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I had some personal things that took (and will always take) precedent over tecmo. TPC is the top of my list of things to revamp, however nothing happens in a few minutes. TPC will be getting revamped, It will happen and it will happen soon, but it's not going to happen overnight, or in a week.

whats the latest update?

Return to “Tecmo Players Circuit”