Yes Championship Game Recap: Bengals v. Lions

Post your game recaps here!
tecmoesteban85
Rookie
Rookie
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Yes Championship Game Recap: Bengals v. Lions

Postby tecmoesteban85 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:44 pm

This was a great game, with the Lions and Bengals trading scores to end the first half at 14 all. In the second half, the Lions go for it on a 4th down and are stopped, and the Bengals go to the running game to go up 7. The Lions then drive down near midfield, but are intercepted by James Hasty. The Bengals go to the air this time, with Wade Wilson hooking up with Willie Anderson to take a 28-14 lead. Techmobile then goes to the Andre Rison connection, hitting a big bomb to cut the lead to 7. After a failed onside kick, the Bengals run twice before Wilson goes back to Anderson, only this time Big Willie coughs it up near the 20, and the Lions get a chance to tie it up. After a couple Kelvin Bryant runs to get the ball to midfield, Vinnie tries to connect with Rison one more time, but the Bengals are saved by Erik McMillan who takes it away from Rison in the back of the endzone. 28-21 is the final, gg Tech, and again, great game. Thanks everyone as I had a great time in this league and a special thanks to Tecmobo for letting me in. This was my first online league and it was a great experience. Hope to see you guys around the online scene, and good luck in your future Tecmo league endeavors! And finally, I just want to lobby for my guy: Wade Wilson's heart makes him play above his ratings. He is a beast. Please draft him, sign him, and play with the Vikings on the orig rom any chance you get.

Note: the zip file includes both the vid and the rom.
Attachments
attachments_2011_07_28.zip
(220.54 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

segathonsov
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Re: Yes Championship Game Recap: Bengals v. Lions

Postby segathonsov » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Great game!

Maybe we can resurrect this league in the near future and do year 3. Keep on drafting from the Tecmo teams we didn't use

PHX
JET
G.B
N.O
CLE
N.E
SEA
IND

It would be like playing with back ups mostly...........

TechMobile
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby TechMobile » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:48 am

segathonsov wrote:Great game!

Maybe we can resurrect this league in the near future and do year 3. Keep on drafting from the Tecmo teams we didn't use

PHX
JET
G.B
N.O
CLE
N.E
SEA
IND

It would be like playing with back ups mostly...........

AWESOME idea sega, if we do this i would definitely like to be in for season 3!

those teams would be cool to try i think. (but we might need 2 or 3 more, maybe 2 other really sucky teams and maybe no NYJ? cuz we already had them in season 2 - i had their starting RB's and they both rode my bench until the postseason and even then they were non-factors as Kelvin Bryant was just plain rode and much more willing to play the 44ms homo role in Detroit)

neither Blair Thomas nor Freeman McNeil were available for comment after the title game, but a source from the Detroit Lions organization (who did not have permission from the team to speak publicly on this matter) anonymously stated that both Blair and Freeman wanted out of Detroit immediately as they both felt uncomfortable with the offensive coordinator's use of them as decoys / boytoys and both repeatedly refused these assignments throughout ITL Season 2.

well, they can both kiss my Mobile ass, cuz i'm moving my team to Miami anyway

i had a great time this entire season. long live ITL!!! :!:

TecmoEasterBunny85 played a great game and we had a blast! (at least i know i did)

(Kelvin Bryant on the other hand... not so much :oops: )

GG and GREAT SEASON
AIM: TechMobile89 Image
Hey guys, hit me up for TPC or Bases Loaded 2 games anytime.

ATA: PACKERS HSTL: Image USFL: USFLSTALLIONS ITL: LIONS
Image * * * * * Image * * * * * Image

segathonsov
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby segathonsov » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:15 pm

AWESOME idea sega, if we do this i would definitely like to be in for season 3!

those teams would be cool to try i think. (but we might need 2 or 3 more, maybe 2 other really sucky teams and maybe no NYJ? cuz we already had them in season 2 - i had their starting RB's and they both rode my bench until the postseason and even then they were non-factors as Kelvin Bryant was just plain rode and much more willing to play the 44ms homo role in Detroit)

Thats right about the jets, well we could dust off the eagles since we omitted them because of QB eagles power and then we got 8 teams, then for the last two teams we could use the pro bowl teams to have an even 30. Only issue would we would have a few duplicates.

TechMobile
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby TechMobile » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:25 pm

segathonsov wrote:
we could dust off the eagles since we omitted them because of QB eagles power and then we got 8 teams, then for the last two teams we could use the pro bowl teams to have an even 30. Only issue would we would have a few duplicates.

yeah i forgot that we'd still be 2 teams short if we tried to only use all new teams.

so either the pro bowl teams or maybe even NYJ & NYG to keep it simple?
(not a NY fan but wtf, both teams have some stars) or pick 2 different repeats?

as far as Eagles12 is concerned, maybe we cap him out at 38ms?
i dont remember from way back but i think this ONE exception has been made b4 by other leagues?? kingsoby's back in the day? or maybe it was a tourney. anyway, 56ms is obviously just too fast for a qb and that's really the biggest flaw (imo) on the original rom for sure. simple fix and then we can finally also use guys like keith byers, keith jackson, reggie white & jerome brown in ITL.

OR we could just pick from ALL 28 teams and just stop drafting once we have filled out 10 ITL rosters... (that way no one gets stuck with Eagles secondary, etc. and everyone should end up with a very strong team really)
AIM: TechMobile89 Image
Hey guys, hit me up for TPC or Bases Loaded 2 games anytime.

ATA: PACKERS HSTL: Image USFL: USFLSTALLIONS ITL: LIONS
Image * * * * * Image * * * * * Image

segathonsov
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby segathonsov » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:53 pm

yeah but if you do draft off the full team list it's basically the ETC league that just started up. I really liked in this league where we just drafted from a shallower pool.

Return to “ITL Recaps”