Week 18: Philadelphia Stars @ Birmingham Stallions (MVP War)

TechMobile
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Week 18: Philadelphia Stars @ Birmingham Stallions (MVP War)

Postby TechMobile » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Well, this game got off to a bit of a strange start...

Before the players could even take the field in Birmingham, a relatively large herd of overzealous fans down near the East End Zone could be heard screaming "MVP! MVP! MVP!" and inexplicably began throwing shit onto the field. (yes shit)

But which of these 3 legitimate League MVP candidates were they making the big stink for? Chuck Canton with his crazy 21 picks and 6 sacks? Jimmy Smith with his near 3000yds receiving and 25tds? Or Cliff Stoudt with his amazing 4000 combined yds & 46tds?

Or perhaps the fans were simply honoring all 3 studs and chose to throw SHIT to salute their beloved Stallions?

Well fuck me Birmingham. Turns out a group of retired senior citizens from Philadelphia made the bus trip down to Alabama to continue their avid support for Kelvin fn Bryant AND Phuck M.E. Fusina as potential league CO-MVPs!

WTF EVER man! Although these dudes had decent seasons, these ill-advised old farts need to recheck their heros' performances from this past season...

Fusina PHI. 2500yds 30tds
Bryant PHI. 1800 combined yds 21 total tds

Stoudt BIR. 4000 combined yds 46tds
Smith BIR. *3000yds 25tds
Canton BIR. 21 Ints 6 sacks

So the horse shit was eventually removed from the field and after a short delay, the game was finally allowed to commence. It was obvious from the outset that Birmingham was not going to allow any of their Big 3 to get beat up on the field of play by the mighty Philadelphia Stars in this one. The game plan going in was:

1) stay healthy
2) try to sweep division rival Philly
3) feed Jimmy Smith the ball in his pursuit of 3000!
4) stay healthy

Well, this unorthodox style of play almost backfired... Sure, the Stallions went up 16-0 quickly, but once Philadelphia realized Birmingham was going to run the same play repeatedly win or lose, it was "game on!" The only lost fumble of the game for either team came very late on a kickoff return by the Stallions. With the ball and only down by 9 at that point, Philadelphia was back in business! But in the end, somehow the Stallions found a way to hang on for the W.

Final Score: Stallions 23 Stars 21

Key play:
Stallions LB Spencer was able to tackle
Kelvin fn Bryant (6 carries, 0 yds on the day)
in the EZ (yep the shitty East End Zone) for a safety
and for what would prove to be the difference in the game.

Game Notes:
Going into this wk18 battle, initial indications
were that the Stallions would sit their BIG 3 on
offense to keep them healthy for the playoffs.

However, it was eventually decided that it would be
best to start them and play for home field advantage
despite the risk of injury...

GG bear, you made a game of it, cya in the playoffs

Btw, as much as I hate to say it...
congrats on stopping Jimmy Smith (4rec, 225yds, TD)
43 yards short of 3000 :(
Jim Smith STA. 53 rec, 2957 yds, 25 TDs

Last edited by TechMobile on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
AIM: TechMobile89 Image
Hey guys, hit me up for TPC or Bases Loaded 2 games anytime.

ATA: PACKERS HSTL: Image USFL: USFLSTALLIONS ITL: LIONS
Image * * * * * Image * * * * * Image

TECMOWNED
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Week 18: Philadelphia Stars @ Birmingham Stallions (MVP

Postby TECMOWNED » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:51 am

TechMobile wrote:GG bear... cya in the playoffs

Not if I win the rest of my games!

runninwithdabear
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby runninwithdabear » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:39 pm

TechMobile wrote:Well, this game got off to a bit of a strange start...

Before the players could even take the field in Birmingham, a relatively large herd of overzealous fans down near the East End Zone could be heard screaming "MVP! MVP! MVP!" and inexplicably began throwing shit onto the field. (yes shit)

But which of these 3 legitimate League MVP candidates were they making the big stink for? Chuck Canton with his crazy 21 picks and 6 sacks? Jimmy Smith with his near 3000yds receiving and 25tds? Or Cliff Stoudt with his amazing 4000 combined yds & 46tds?

Or perhaps the fans were simply honoring all 3 studs and chose to throw SHIT to salute their beloved Stallions?

Well fuck me Birmingham. Turns out a group of retired senior citizens from Philadelphia made the bus trip down to Alabama to continue their avid support for Kelvin fn Bryant AND Phuck M.E. Fusina as potential league CO-MVPs!

WTF EVER man! Although these dudes had decent seasons, these ill-advised old farts need to recheck their heros' performances from this past season...

Fusina PHI. 2500yds 30tds
Bryant PHI. 1800 combined yds 21 total tds

Stoudt BIR. 4000 combined yds 46tds
Smith BIR. *3000yds 25tds
Canton BIR. 21 Ints 6 sacks

So the horse shit was eventually removed from the field and after a short delay, the game was finally allowed to commence. It was obvious from the outset that Birmingham was not going to allow any of their Big 3 to get beat up on the field of play by the mighty Philadelphia Stars in this one. The game plan going in was:

1) stay healthy
2) try to sweep division rival Philly
3) feed Jimmy Smith the ball in his pursuit of 3000!
4) stay healthy

Well, this unorthodox style of play almost backfired... Sure, the Stallions went up 16-0 quickly, but once Philadelphia realized Birmingham was going to run the same play repeatedly win or lose, it was "game on!" The only lost fumble of the game for either team came very late on a kickoff return by the Stallions. With the ball and only down by 9 at that point, Philadelphia was back in business! But in the end, somehow the Stallions found a way to hang on for the W.

Final Score: Stallions 23 Stars 21

Key play:
Stallions LB Spencer was able to tackle
Kelvin fn Bryant (6 carries, 0 yds on the day)
in the EZ (yep the shitty East End Zone) for a safety
and for what would prove to be the difference in the game.

Game Notes:
Going into this wk18 battle, initial indications
were that the Stallions would sit their BIG 3 on
offense to keep them healthy for the playoffs.

However, it was eventually decided that it would be
best to start them and play for home field advantage
despite the risk of injury...

GG bear, you made a game of it, cya in the playoffs

Btw, as much as I hate to say it...
congrats on stopping Jimmy Smith (4rec, 225yds, TD)
43 yards short of 3000 :(
Jim Smith STA. 53 rec, 2957 yds, 25 TDs

I laughed my ass off reading this, nice write up bro.. It almost makes it ok that I lost by 2............ oh wait no it doesn't lol.. Hope to see you in the playoffs.... You know what they say its had to beat a team 3 times in one season (lets hope anyway)
TPC RECORD: 182-139.

TechMobile
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby TechMobile » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:52 pm

THIS JUST IN:

New reports out of Birmingham are claiming that the long wait for the playoffs may have finally started taking a toll on the entire Birmingham Stallions organization...

"Our well fertilized field has grown up in weed..."

"and some of our cheerleaders have put on a few extra pounds since the Stallions last victory..."

these are just a couple of the recent quotes coming from Stallion HQs

(although no one is really complaining too much about the latter down here in Birmingham, we're just finding other things to do to offset the late season football void)

TechMobile
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby TechMobile » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:01 pm

As if the earlier reports weren't enough for the antsy Stallions...

Additional reports are now surfacing that Joe Cribbs, upset with his limited carries this season and now the playoff delay in the USFL, is considering going back to the NFL to rejoin the Buffalo Bills or possibly even retiring from football to focus entirely on Joe Cribbs Associates, his advisory company. "I do a lot of work with some current NFL players, helping them with investments and different things. Just basically helping them understand the game and get prepared for life after the game. Some I may assist with disability insurance or help get an annuity. Just various degrees of work. It just depends on the guy.".

OH SHIT!!! :(

Say it aint so Joe.

Return to “USFL Season Weekly Showdown”