Superbowl:Titans/Patriots

Moderator: CTL

lightninglarry
Starter
Starter
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Superbowl:Titans/Patriots

Postby lightninglarry » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:57 pm

New England wins the toss and elects to kickoff. Doesnt take no time for the Titans to find the endzone. McNair goes 4 for 4 or 5 for 5 and he carves up the Pats D. Quick strike down low for 7. Faced with a 4th and 10 around their own 20ish this early in the game N.E. surprisingly goes for it. JJ attempt fails. Titans capitalize fast and its 14-0 at the end of 1 quarter. Flutie found his JJ magic in the 2nd qtr as he hit the WR down low and the Pats are in business middle of the way thru the 2nd qtr. Eventually Alstott would get in on the sweep thanks to a chopblock from an OL. 14-7 Titans. McNair attempts his own magic of the JJ variety and hits Hines Ward around the 15 of the Patriots with about a minute 2 go in the half. A few plays later we disconnect for some reason, neither tsbgod or myself lost net connection(anyone who knows about that, why does this happen sometimes?) So we restart and on the 2nd film its us just punting back and forth and blocking fg attempts to get to our 32 second mark in the 2nd qtr with a 3rd and 14. We almost got it perfect on the field and Titans are faced with 3rd and 15 instead. McNair scrambles for 8 and the kicker is called to put them up 10 to end the half. Titans 17-7.

Alstott has a monster return to start the 2nd half and the Patriots are still in this thing. Flutie would hit a wide open Marvin Harrison in the endzone with the Titans playing the run and its 17-14 again. McNair wastes no time(called pass a lot knowing/hoping tsbgod would call run). Having a plentiful wrs open he dinks and dunks and takes the occasional scramble until I believe Emmitt rumbles in to make it 24-14.

4th quarter is upon us and its deseration time for New England. Flutie attempts a few jjs but they fall incomplete and then eventually are picked off to all but seal the game. Titans are able to find pay dirt one more time with around a minute remaining in the game to go up 31-14. Flutie is picked once more at the 1 on the last play of the game.

Titans win 31-14 and hold the Okoye trophy for the 3rd straight season.
Game Ball goes to Stevie Mac. After the game he also got his walking papers the Nashville Times are reporting. Yet to see on that as no official league documentation has been submitted.

GG TSBGOD
GL Next season

Attached are the 2 videos/rom if u want to watch. Like i said the 2nd video starts off with meaningless time killing stuff that i can easily take out of the stats.
Attachments
ctlbowl2ndpart.nsv
(12.11 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
gamewithtsbgod.nsv
(8.3 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
CTL2001WK16.nes
(384.02 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

MRTECMOSUPERBOWL
Champion
Champion
TSB W-L-T: 16 Titles

Re: Superbowl:Titans/Patriots

Postby MRTECMOSUPERBOWL » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Larry wins with bad teams and good teams. Put the guy in HOF already Tecmoworld. Forget the damn votes the guy is one of the best ever. To boot hes the nicest guys on earth. Never has anything bad to say about anyone. Never takes sides etc etc etc. Hes a perfect human in life. He deserves all good. A true humanitarian honestly..LOL...

This reminds me of when Lefty & Opus went on sick streaks winning every title. To me.. you may as well bunch Daboys,Canes,Opus & Lefty as the greatest of all time along side Soby & Bruddog..

GG guys..
NWO Season 1 Champion
TCS Season 11 National Champion
PTT Tourney Champion
TBL Season 1 Champion
TCS Season 16 Bowl Champion
NCAA Season 1 National Champion
TPC Tourney Champion
B&G Tourney Champion
NCAA Season 2 National Champion
WTFR Season 8 Champion (1977)
WTFR Season 10 Champion (1979)
NTF Season 3 Champion (1972)
NTF Season 4 Champion (1973)
NTF Season 6 Champion (1975)
TCS 2.0 Season 2 Bowl Champion
The OG Original WTF Season 28 Champion (2017)

***Tecmobowler 2007-2014***

lightninglarry
Starter
Starter
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby lightninglarry » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:10 pm

checks in the mail Vinny

Thanks
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:10 am

This game came and went pretty quietly. I didn't see this. Nice job by both players getting in the championship and congrats to Larry for beating a darn good owner/team. Hopefully the Vikings will knock you off your horse this next season :)
League Regular Season Record: 193-81
League Playoff Record: 15-12
TPC Recored: 163-55

Tecmo Psycho
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 6 Titles

Postby Tecmo Psycho » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:25 am

MRTECMOSUPERBOWL wrote:Larry wins with bad teams and good teams. Put the guy in HOF already Tecmoworld. Forget the damn votes the guy is one of the best ever. To boot hes the nicest guys on earth. Never has anything bad to say about anyone. Never takes sides etc etc etc. Hes a perfect human in life. He deserves all good. A true humanitarian honestly..LOL...

This reminds me of when Lefty & Opus went on sick streaks winning every title. To me.. you may as well bunch Daboys,Canes,Opus & Lefty as the greatest of all time along side Soby & Bruddog..

GG guys..
THIRD PLACE: Buffalo Bounty IV, Midwest Tecmo IX, and 2017 Cincinnati Championships
FINAL FOUR:  Detroit Kumite II and Indy Tecmo I

Return to “CTL - Week 16”