These rules look good to me, how about you?

Free for all for Baseball Stars!
every version, every system up for discussion,as well as home to site and information sharing about the awesome game.

Moderator: BSTARS

TDO
TSB W-L-T: 405-1216-8

These rules look good to me, how about you?

Postby TDO » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:43 pm

#1 Please use good sportsmanship. Being an asshole will not be tolerated. If you quit in the middle of a game you will be booted from the league.

#2 Infield fly rule is in affect. You must always make an attempt to catch the ball. If you drop it on accident, you may only force out the lead runner.

#3 You have 2 starters, 2 relievers, and 1 closer on your roster. Game 1 must be started by one of your starters, and game 2 must be started by your other. You can use both your relievers and your closer any time you want. You may never use both starters in the same game. After 18 innings the game is over, so if its still a tie, simply replay the game using the same starting pitchers.

#4 When pitching please wait for the batter to swing to let the pitcher know he is ready.

#5 When there are runners on 1st and 3rd the runner on 1st may steal 2nd, but the runner on 3rd may not advance to home. This will eliminate any of the cheap tricks to score a run.

#6 To eliminate anyone from attempting to steal every single pitch and then just returning to the bag if the ball isn't hit. You are allowed once per inning to return to the original base. After that if you attempt to steal, you must continue with the steal and face the consequences. Also the pitcher may only attempt one pick off per runner.

#7 Please record your games

#8 You MUST save the state at the box score screen, for the time being please email them to ata@tecmo.us
Antiquity League- Federal League Champions 1982, 1985

manyo360
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Re: These rules look good to me, how about you?

Postby manyo360 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:57 am

How does everyone interpret rule #4? My opponents so far in games and scrimmages tend to quick pitch with runners on base, making it very difficult to steal or get a pinch hitter/runner, etc. I started doing it myself a little bit, too, but I don't want to, because I know it can be frustrating to not be able to get pinch hitters in at times, or feel rushed in trying to steal, etc. Just wanted to hear what others think...... do you actually wait for the swing of a bat, or do you just wait a second or so?

FreddyBarnettFTW
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby FreddyBarnettFTW » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:51 pm

I think rule 4 should be revised to, any time after a time out, or when you chat during the game, or at the very start of the game you must wait til the batter swings to pitch.
NTA SEASON 4 CHAMPION EAGLES

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

Postby TSBGOD » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:00 pm

FreddyBarnettFTW wrote:I think rule 4 should be revised to, any time after a time out, or when you chat during the game, or at the very start of the game you must wait til the batter swings to pitch.

Well at some points in the game you need a PH, dumb to take a strike before you can use a PH.

FreddyBarnettFTW
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby FreddyBarnettFTW » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:04 pm

wait for a swing when the pitcher is batting also, and if you know youre going to be using a pinch hitter on one of your starters just keep pressing pause, 99% of the time you will get it off
NTA SEASON 4 CHAMPION EAGLES

manyo360
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby manyo360 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:21 pm

What about trying to quick pitch when there's a runner on base so he has trouble stealing? Will that be acceptable strategy? That's what I'd like to clear up if anything.

As for pinch hitters, I'll keep my mind open to it, but so far doesn't seem like I can get the timeout 99% of the time if I want to get a pinch hitter.... maybe 50% seems like. A few times I've had to take the strike, and twice or so I haven't been able to get it on the 2nd pitch even, and I just said eff it, let's roll. Again, though, the vast majority of these times have been when I had a runner on base and I was being quickpitched, so to me that is the main issue. I don't need to swing before every pitch, I just need a second to try and get a timeout, or even half-a-second to think about whether I want to use one. If I were to revise it, I'd say wait for the hitter to swing before the first pitch of each at-bat, or just count 1-alligator, dunno.

TDO
TSB W-L-T: 405-1216-8

Postby TDO » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:43 pm

bump
Antiquity League- Federal League Champions 1982, 1985

bradbears81
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby bradbears81 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Yeah, it's hard to interpret when a "quick pitch" would actually be coming your way, but I see your point Manyo. In all honesty, it might have to be the first pitch you show a swing, then pitches afterward just wait a few seconds. Hard to enforce, but it's only a few seconds to have a basic courtesy for your opponent. Once pre-season roms come out we'll just have to practice to make sure things go smoothly.

lightninglarry
Starter
Starter

Postby lightninglarry » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:04 pm

i guess its sorta the same amount of time given in tecmo for the defender to pick his player
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

Return to “BStars Classic”