BadMoonRison
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

National Championship: PureTecmo Bowl- HC 21, MIA 10

Postby BadMoonRison » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:31 am

Holy Cross Crusaders - 21
Miami Hurricanes - 10

The Holy Cross Crusaders win the Pure Tecmo Bowl and are the only team in TCS history to go undefeated! They are dancing in the streets of Worcester, MA!

The Canes received the ball at the start of the game. They went for it early on 4th down and converted, but next set of downs, the Crusaders forced a 4th and long, so the Canes were forced to punt.

Gavin Dickey, playing his last game as a college athlete, marched the team down the field. Inside the 20, Dickey lofts to Dallas Baker in the top corner of the end zone, throwing across the field. Baker catches the ball behind a jumping LB. You need to watch the film to believe it. 7-0 Crusaders as time expires in the 1st quarter.

Canes with a time consuming drive that eats up nearly the entire quarter. They get inside the Crusader 10. 1st down, they pull to the 3 yard line, but on second down, Wright is sacked by Channing Crowder for a loss of a few. 3rd down, Frank Gore hears footsteps and drops a semi-open pass in the end zone. On 4th down, Canes go for the FG and it is perfect. 7-3 Crusaders.

Crusaders have not much time and can't get anything going. They lead 7-3 at the half.

Start of the second half, Crusaders ball. On the kickoff, Fason fumbles, but the men in purple recover. Martin Scarborough comes in for QB Gavin Dickey and he connects on his first two passes to Andre Caldwel, brining them over 70 yards and inside the Canes' 20 yard line. Two plays later, RB Deshawn Wynn puts the moves on and scampers in for the TD. Crusaders lead 14-3.

Canes with the ball, trying to get something going. After a few failed pass attempts, Wright throws a bomb to a wide open jumping Ryan Moore, who is tackled at the 1/2 yard line. Two plays later, RB Quadtrine Hill runs it in to cut the lead to 14-10, Crusaders.

Crusaders know that time is against the Canes, so they do their best to get short runs and short passes. After about 8 plays, Deshawn Wynn runs it in from about 15 yards out to clinch the game, the title, and the undefeated season. 21-10 Crusaders.

Canes have a last gasp, but on a long bomb (after a near safety), Demetrice Webb intercepts the pass. Crusaders run out the clock and win 21-10.

great game Canes.

I vote for Deshawn Wynn as PureTecmo Bowl MVP.

Holy Cross Crusaders are National Champs! They are 11-0, the only team ever to do so in league history! This season was beyond my expectations. After losing my QB last year to the draft, I felt a little shaky, but my defense was amazing this year. Nearly every game, the Crusader defense held the team together. I will never duplicate such a feat, but to know that I accomplished something like this means more to me than almost anything else I have ever done in my Tecmo career. Thanks for a great season and a great league.

BMR

sois
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby sois » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:36 am

Congrats on a tremdous season. Your team looks like the team to beat for next season too!!

lightninglarry
Starter
Starter

Postby lightninglarry » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:12 am

very well played chaos u outplayed me and deserved the W congrads
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

byoderphilton
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

CONGRATS

Postby byoderphilton » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:20 pm

CONGRATS ON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Return to “TCS Bowl Games”