Basic Rules and Gameplay

Moderator: CULT

tecmo_ninja
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Basic Rules and Gameplay

Postby tecmo_ninja » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:02 pm

No lurching. Man controlled defensive lineman must drop into coverage, or rush by going outside the tackle box.
Fourth man down on FGs or PATs IS NOT allowed.
No WRs or TEs running the ball except on reverses. If you have a three or four WR team, make the top guy an RB to be able to run with him.
Changing offensive line and defensive positions is allowed. Lbs must play lb. DBs must play DB.
One trip to the change screen per quarter.
Changing playbooks is allowed. Twice per game.
Winner saves and uploads state to Dynastyphile. Loser does not exit final stats page nor disconnect until winner says okay.
Conditions do not carry over. Injuries are also only for that game.
Cannot use same run play 2 times in playslots. (ie. You cannot use RB2 Cross off tackle in slot3 and slot4)

Finally, and most importantly... have fun. This is a great game and using profanity towards another player due to TECMO problems is uncalled for. Its not the players fault Tecmo decided to allow 4 fumbles in the game... Or ints... or whatever. It happens to us all, just roll with it.

If a player uses profanity towards another player please copy the conversation and send it to me. If there is a discrepancy on the context of it and I need a second opinion, I will consult a trusted source I deem fitting that has no interest in our league to take the context of it. THIS IS CAUSE FOR AUTOMATIC REMOVAL.
MADISON XI CHAMP (COSTUME CONTEST)
MADISON X RUNNER UP (COSTUME CONTEST)

ragu0012
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Basic Rules and Gameplay

Postby ragu0012 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:53 am

everything looks good. is this rule standard in most leagues? I am not opposed to it; i just admit not having seen it before:
Cannot use same run play 2 times in playslots. (ie. You cannot use RB2 Cross off tackle in slot3 and slot4)

clarkham
All-Star
All-Star

Postby clarkham » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:41 am

Hmmm. Maybe you didn't understand the rule correctly? Most leagues don't use a rom with a playbook hack like this. For any that do/have I would assume that this would be standard. You can't put run 3 sweep in all four run slots, for example. That's lame. You still have to use four separate and distinct and runs.
TTL XX LIONS & FALCONS

TTL commissioner
Five-Time Online Champion (XFL I, XFL XII, CTL XIX, TTL XIV, TTL XVII)
AIM: clarkhamilton1

TDO
TSB W-L-T: 405-1216-8

Postby TDO » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:05 am

just speaking as someone who's been around since 03, typically you wouldn't want to let the same play be allowed to show up more than once in a playbook. Reason being say run 1 is toss down and run 2 is toss down. Defense picks run 2, offense picks run 1. Same play but Defense doesn't blitz because it's not recognized as the same play even though it is.
Antiquity League- Federal League Champions 1982, 1985

tecmo_ninja
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby tecmo_ninja » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:10 am

thanks for the input. didn't think about it from that angle.. i was just thinking along the lines of having same devastating runs in numerous slots.
MADISON XI CHAMP (COSTUME CONTEST)
MADISON X RUNNER UP (COSTUME CONTEST)

ragu0012
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ragu0012 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:51 am

You're right I was confused. I was thinking of that single back handoff up, which on original rom is available on R1 and R2. Unless the play is different and I can't tell

TSB_Jeremy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TSB_Jeremy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:16 am

ragu0012 wrote:You're right I was confused. I was thinking of that single back handoff up, which on original rom is available on R1 and R2. Unless the play is different and I can't tell

Yea I think thats the only play from original that can be picked twice

Return to “Champions Ultimate Legion of Tecmo ARCHIVED”