SEASON I: Recap / Awards / Champ TSBGOD

If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best! 9 of our 12 owners entered Tecmo X, with six advancing to the Sweet 16. Four advanced to the Elite 8. Pound for pound this is one of the most talented leagues in online Tecmo.TSBTL Website

Moderator: TSBTL

diazzhole
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 999-0-1

SEASON I: Recap / Awards / Champ TSBGOD

Postby diazzhole » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:57 pm

Our inaugural season kicked off with a high class of owners. The biggest shock of the season was to sit back and watch the BRONCOS go 13-0 through a list of skilled owners by the quick hands of Matt Vogt. An unprecedented feat and unlikely to be repeated. I predicted them to finish 8-5.

The second biggest shock, to all of our surprise, was the keyboarding struggles of the REDSKINS Luckily, coach Chris got his controller issues fixed for the playoffs, and literally almost jumping from worst to first. I predicted the Redskins correctly at 6-7. DID YOU KNOW: Had his brother RAIDERS finished their season the Redskins could've been left out in the cold with the VIKINGS (Predicted 2nd to last, finished last.) Jumping the Vikings on the prediction list were the BENGALS finishing at a shocking 6-7. Coincidentally, the Bengals were only 1 of 2 teams to fall to the Vikings in season one. Not shocking because of Chino's skill. Shocking because I believed his talented competition was good enough to isolate Fulcher FTW. Whoever lost to the Bengals should be ashamed. Same goes for the BUCCANEERS... and the FALCONS this up coming season. These teams, only with highly skilled ownership (Frank & MV) can battle to make the playoffs. We saw Frankie's Bucs drop to 6-7 after being predicted with a harassing 13-0. 6-7 likely would've been my true prediction had I not want to razz the God instead. However, he does end up winning it all? Perhaps, prediction was accurate after all...

The BEARS were very solid but bland. Finishing 4th in standings and 4th in the tournament. Predicted at a humble 6-7, and finished 8-5. Two games that could've easily gone the other way. With that in mind... In this league, for the first season, two games separated 4th place and 11th place seedings. We saw 6 upsets out of the 12 tournament games. So not so much upsets, more of an homage to the talent of the owners of this league. Exactly what we all signed up for! Another big suprise was how close the regular season games, and standings, turned out. At first idea of this league, I was a tad concerned about lopsided matchups. Perhaps, with lesser owners, this could be the case. But not with TSBTL Season I owners. Thank you all.

What can I say about the STEELERS last pick in the draft, over the Cowboys, and they finish 9-4??? Seriously? Predicted at 5-8 owner Louis B., who I consider great competition and friend surprised all with his run through this thick field. With superior defense and tapping the Steel Curtain turned the tides on many Vegas bets. Nice work Lou! We all dreaded playing you this season. Congrats to those who dropped the Black & Gold this year!

My biggest disappointment this year was the EAGLES. Predicted at 11-2 finished 6-7 and on a crash course with the hot Louis B in the playoffs. I had visions of QBEagles breaking tackles all over the field and scrambling for even more yards. What we saw was a team that was 2nd in overall team defense. Which in Tecmo, usually means short fields and many turnovers. The RAMS sported the best offense and the worst defense in the league to no surprise. Predicted at 8-5 they also finished at 6-7 and Kamp unfortunately exited early in the playoffs to the hands of the Champ, Frankie P. In my opinion the DOLPHINS also underperformed. Predicted at 9-4 they finished, can you guess, 6-7! Marino was the best passer in the league, but they were often too one dimensional giving their opponents some short fields.

The CHIEFS and LIONS surpassed expectations. However, the Chiefs finished an amazing 10-3 losing to only the leagues most elite. Predicted at 7-6 it was sad to see them fall early to CVogt by only 3 points. The Lions although they finished 6-6-1 after a 6-7 prediction were a force. Sporting the second most rushing yards they played safe with Peete and also tacked on a win in the playoffs. Expect both the SAINTS and JETS to wreak havoc in Season 2.

The CHARGERS were a little disappointing. Coming off a 2nd place finish in Youngstown I expected big things out of San Diego. If it weren't for the flaky Raiders they too, could've been sitting on the outside looking in during playoff time. Predicted at 5-8 and finishing 4-8-1 I was pretty close. But factoring in the dominance of the Broncos and many 6-7 records the Chargers were not scary.

After an extremely successful season one I am surprised and disappointed to lose Tecmo Psycho, Laztlain, O'Dell and SuicideKing. I'm also sad that Lefty couldn't finish. I have love for Lefty, but I apologize to the league for holding us up and for having incomplete stats. His history and namesake are certainly worth the risk of not having a PC :) Of the 5 leaving I know 4 personally. And in total In this league I knew 7 of you personally. One has even been to my house. And 7 I haven't met but most have spent an extensive time chatting with on AIM. I'd like to personally thank each and every one of you for what you bring to Tecmo. You guys are why I'm here. And special thanks to Chris Vogt! If it weren't for him I'd probably still just be playing auto skipping console games and seeing how many yards I can rack up with the Raiders or how many shutouts I can pitch with the Steelers.

Season Two will kickoff soon! Thank you sirs. And good luck!

TECMO SUPER BOWL TIERED LEAGUE SEASON I CHAMPION

TSBGOD Featuring the BUCCANEERS

Congrats on a well earned championship. You took out the entire CBC513 in the playoffs to score the inaugural season's coveted TSBTL trophy. Plan on taking a picture of you enjoying the win and also shipping it back to me next season. Nice work my friend!

LEAGUE MVP BRONCOS

John Elway controlled by Matt Vogt
Passing: 66/101 for 1548 Yards 19 TD's 6 INT's
Rushing: 365 Yards and 7 TD's

Coach of the year BRONCOS Matt Vogt

Honorable mention to Louis B. for going 9-4 with Shittsburgh.

Best QB DOLPHINS

Dan Marino controlled by Eric O'Dell
141/199 for 2217 Yards 24 TD's 8 INT's

Best RB BRONCOS

Bobby Humphrey controlled by Matt Vogt
108 Carries for 1472 Yards 19 TD's

Best WR RAMS

Ellard/Anderson combo controlled by Kamp
54 Receptions for 2151 Yards's 22 TD

Best DL EAGLES

Reggie White controlled by Derek Ruble
2 Sacks 1 Interception

Best LB DOLPHINS

John Offerdahl controlled by Eric O'Dell
9 Sacks

Best DB BEARS

Mark Carrier controlled by Matt Diaz
10 Interceptions 2 Sacks

Best K DOLPHINS

Pete Stoyanovich controlled by Eric O'Dell
8/8 FG's 30/30 XP's

Best P BRONCOS

Mike Horan controlled by Matt Vogt
2 punts for 77 yard average

Best Keyboarder REDSKINS

Controlled by Chris Vogt
6 wins, 7 losses
Midwest Tecmo IX Champion

bigmv54
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 1-0

Re: Sweet Awards

Postby bigmv54 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:14 pm

I feel like Taylor Swift at the CMA's!

First like to thank God (dont they all start with that?) also want to thank Mom and Dad for buying a Nintendo and This wonderful game for Christmas waaay back in 1990/91ish. been playing ever since! I want to thank Chris and Jimmy Vogt for Letting me Pwn them for my whole life i guess. and Most of all - the Tecmo Community - Meeting awesome people - some not so awesome - but 98% of them i would say are pretty bad ass people. Thanks Tecmo Community for letting me also woop up on you. Big shout out to Precision Logitech for the use of their controllers (been through probably 8-10 myself alone and HP / Dell for allowing me to use your brand of Computer to play on. My Wife - Awesome support! cant leave you out! thanks for letting me "get one more game in" before Dinner (it usually leads to 2-3 more games played and she eats dinner by herself. I keep telling her...I could be addicted to Drugs or something...way worse than an 8 -Bit Game from the 90's)

thanks Diaz for Putting together a great league with some awesome people and Tecmoers!

Now...on to NOT be labled as the "New England Patroits of Tecmo" because we all know how their undefeated season went...SuperBowl Loss.

My 4 "TSBTL Sweet" Awards are such a great achievement.

thanks All.
Live Titles (7) NE 08' / MW 09' / Clev 13' / MW 13' / Indy 15' / Cincy 17' / Cincy 18'

Online Titles (11) Cult 4 / ESTL 1 / TAFL 3 / TSBCL 1 / WTF 96' / WTFR 70' / ATA 16 / TBL 8 / TTL 5 / TSBTL 2&3

diazzhole
All-Star
All-Star

Postby diazzhole » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:18 pm

bigmv54 wrote:I feel like Taylor Swift at the CMA's!

First like to thank God (dont they all start with that?) also want to thank Mom and Dad for buying a Nintendo and This wonderful game for Christmas waaay back in 1990/91ish. been playing ever since! I want to thank Chris and Jimmy Vogt for Letting me Pwn them for my whole life i guess. and Most of all - the Tecmo Community - Meeting awesome people - some not so awesome - but 98% of them i would say are pretty bad ass people. Thanks Tecmo Community for letting me also woop up on you. Big shout out to Precision Logitech for the use of their controllers (been through probably 8-10 myself alone and HP / Dell for allowing me to use your brand of Computer to play on. My Wife - Awesome support! cant leave you out! thanks for letting me "get one more game in" before Dinner (it usually leads to 2-3 more games played and she eats dinner by herself. I keep telling her...I could be addicted to Drugs or something...way worse than an 8 -Bit Game from the 90's)

thanks Diaz for Putting together a great league with some awesome people and Tecmoers!

Now...on to NOT be labled as the "New England Patroits of Tecmo" because we all know how their undefeated season went...SuperBowl Loss.

thanks All.

This is deserving of a global post. :like:

bigmv54
All-Star
All-Star

Re: SEASON I Sweet Awards

Postby bigmv54 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:43 pm

ha! thats awesome.

thanks Diaz!
Live Titles (7) NE 08' / MW 09' / Clev 13' / MW 13' / Indy 15' / Cincy 17' / Cincy 18'

Online Titles (11) Cult 4 / ESTL 1 / TAFL 3 / TSBCL 1 / WTF 96' / WTFR 70' / ATA 16 / TBL 8 / TTL 5 / TSBTL 2&3

red98sethuthut
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby red98sethuthut » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Yeah big ups to bigmv undefeated season....I had fun with playing this season. I think I gotta formula how to play with Pittsburgh. I swear there best team for getting fumbles..
Do the the ickey woods k.r. "fumble shuffle"!!! James brooks was here and so was Red!!!!.... madison2o12 (rd16) ,Conn.v runnerup, Ohio Midwest v runnerup, nyc2o12 3rd place, Detroit kumite 3rd place, final ohio boneyard bowl runnerup, tecmo IX (Oh No Ickey..ohhh no brooks NOoooo)....Midwest 6 (Oh ickey/brooks not two fumbles again!!!) TecmoX Rd of 16, BuffaloBountyII Champ, Midwest 7 rd16 (No cigar in ot.hoge always loses coin tosses lol)
SIGN UP 4 The NyC T.S.B. TOURNEY II (10-4-2014) AT http://www.northeasttecmo.com/ai1ec_eve ... stance_id=

justinpeters51
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: 185-0-0

Postby justinpeters51 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:33 pm

thanks All.

GREAT POST!
I felt as the #2 seed I should chime in here. I on the reverse side of bigMV, I am totally content with getting the number #2 seed heading into the tournament and accomplishing nothing further than that. It is far higher than I ever though I would get this season. I dont see myself getting this high of a seed going into the tourney again. So anything else for me is just icing on the cake for me! No let downs here if I lose in playoffs!

I would like to thank God of couse first off, then I would like to thank the fumbles and lucky plays I had in most of my wins, and I cant discount the super juiced cpu controlled guys on my team that really lead the way for me this season. Without then i wouldnt be where I am.

On a side note I feel BIGMV is playing the best tecmo I have ever seen him play in my brief 7-8 month online career. I used to be able to keep 1 out of 5 games close with him, but after his last drubbing of me I feel like that is not even possible for me anymore.

bigmv54
All-Star
All-Star

Postby bigmv54 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:56 pm

justinpeters51 wrote:

thanks All.

GREAT POST!
I felt as the #2 seed I should chime in here. I on the reverse side of bigMV, I am totally content with getting the number #2 seed heading into the tournament and accomplishing nothing further than that. It is far higher than I ever though I would get this season. I dont see myself getting this high of a seed going into the tourney again. So anything else for me is just icing on the cake for me! No let downs here if I lose in playoffs!

I would like to thank God of couse first off, then I would like to thank the fumbles and lucky plays I had in most of my wins, and I cant discount the super juiced cpu controlled guys on my team that really lead the way for me this season. Without then i wouldnt be where I am.

On a side note I feel BIGMV is playing the best tecmo I have ever seen him play in my brief 7-8 month online career. I used to be able to keep 1 out of 5 games close with him, but after his last drubbing of me I feel like that is not even possible for me anymore.

thanks for the kind words..Honest the God, IMO the best play is Live/Tournament play. This league is perfect for Live tournies man...When i won the Midwest Tourny this year, there were about 30-35 potential players that with a couple extra fumbles or some kind of luck (to win a tourny - there will ALWAYS be a little luck involved) could have won this thing...If you dont believe me..Ask Diaz or Tecmopsycho or even my brother...35 of 5o somethin people to win it? THAT is competion. I am feeding off my Final 4 win against Chet and Finals win against Regulator (I still think i won because he tried to OUT Drink me in a chugging contest - not happening) and continuing here on Online play.

Thanks again for your Kind words, and Congrats on yourself for getting a first round bye week! GLRW sir

diazzhole
All-Star
All-Star

Postby diazzhole » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:51 pm

tecmodell42
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby tecmodell42 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:42 am

diazmjd wrote:TECMO SUPER BOWL TIERED LEAGUE SEASON I CHAMPION

Best QB DOLPHINS

141/149 for 2217 Yards 24 TD's 8 INT's

Marino completed every single pass this season. 8 to opponents, and 141 to his own team. hah

That should read 199, instead of 149.
LIONS WTF / Retro / Classic / 2.0 / Grapple / HSTL / TSBTL / TTC

Madison Tecmo: Elite 8 (2), Sweet 16 (2)
TTL Season II Champion: New York Jets
TTL Season III Champion: Pittsburgh Steelers
HSTL Season XVII Champion: Detroit Lions
USFL Season II Champion: Michigan Panthers
STL Season IV Champion: New Orleans Saints

AIM: tecmodell42

diazzhole
All-Star
All-Star

Postby diazzhole » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:52 am

tecmodell42 wrote:
diazmjd wrote:TECMO SUPER BOWL TIERED LEAGUE SEASON I CHAMPION

Best QB DOLPHINS

141/149 for 2217 Yards 24 TD's 8 INT's

Marino completed every single pass this season. 8 to opponents, and 141 to his own team. hah

That should read 199, instead of 149.

What a stud! Ha.. fixed. TY

vogtcd11
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: Ungodly Awful

Postby vogtcd11 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Thanks for the awards, Diaz. Wait ... The one "TBD" is the ONLY thing that matters.

But I will take the Keyboarder of the Year award. Going 7-6 using the board in the regular season; 2-0 using the controller in the playoffs. Super Bowl - TBD. :D
Northeast 2008 Runner-up
Madison 2009 Elite 8
Midwest 2012 Elite 8
YOUNGSTOWN 2013 CHAMPION
Madison 2014 Elite 8
Midwest 2014 Elite 8
TTL Season VI Champion
TTL Season VIII Champion
Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament Director | www.mwtecmo.com
Tecmo Talk Radio founder | www.blogtalkradio.com/tecmotalk

diazzhole
All-Star
All-Star

Postby diazzhole » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Man I hope. If you beat Frankie then we're having a cbc celebration party somewhere so I don't have to ship the damn trophy! Keep it in the Nati(ish).

diazzhole
All-Star
All-Star

Postby diazzhole » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Bump for champ update and keyboarder of the year! Thanks to all who partied with us this season as we look forward to S2.

diazzhole
All-Star
All-Star

Re: SEASON I: Champions & Sweet Awards

Postby diazzhole » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Our inaugural season kicked off with a high class of owners. The biggest shock of the season was to sit back and watch the BRONCOS go 13-0 through a list of skilled owners by the quick hands of Matt Vogt. An unprecedented feat and unlikely to be repeated. I predicted them to finish 8-5.

The second biggest shock, to all of our surprise, was the keyboarding struggles of the REDSKINS Luckily, coach Chris got his controller issues fixed for the playoffs, and literally almost jumping from worst to first. I predicted the Redskins correctly at 6-7. DID YOU KNOW: Had his brother RAIDERS finished their season the Redskins could've been left out in the cold with the VIKINGS (Predicted 2nd to last, finished last.) Jumping the Vikings on the prediction list were the BENGALS finishing at a shocking 6-7. Coincidentally, the Bengals were only 1 of 2 teams to fall to the Vikings in season one. Not shocking because of Chino's skill. Shocking because I believed his talented competition was good enough to isolate Fulcher FTW. Whoever lost to the Bengals should be ashamed. Same goes for the BUCCANEERS... and the FALCONS this up coming season. These teams, only with highly skilled ownership (Frank & MV) can battle to make the playoffs. We saw Frankie's Bucs drop to 6-7 after being predicted with a harassing 13-0. 6-7 likely would've been my true prediction had I not want to razz the God instead. However, he does end up winning it all? Perhaps, prediction was accurate after all...

The BEARS were very solid but bland. Finishing 4th in standings and 4th in the tournament. Predicted at a humble 6-7, and finished 8-5. Two games that could've easily gone the other way. With that in mind... In this league, for the first season, two games separated 4th place and 11th place seedings. We saw 6 upsets out of the 12 tournament games. So not so much upsets, more of an homage to the talent of the owners of this league. Exactly what we all signed up for! Another big suprise was how close the regular season games, and standings, turned out. At first idea of this league, I was a tad concerned about lopsided matchups. Perhaps, with lesser owners, this could be the case. But not with TSBTL Season I owners. Thank you all.

What can I say about the STEELERS last pick in the draft, over the Cowboys, and they finish 9-4??? Seriously? Predicted at 5-8 owner Louis B., who I consider great competition and friend surprised all with his run through this thick field. With superior defense and tapping the Steel Curtain turned the tides on many Vegas bets. Nice work Lou! We all dreaded playing you this season. Congrats to those who dropped the Black & Gold this year!

My biggest disappointment this year was the EAGLES. Predicted at 11-2 finished 6-7 and on a crash course with the hot Louis B in the playoffs. I had visions of QBEagles breaking tackles all over the field and scrambling for even more yards. What we saw was a team that was 2nd in overall team defense. Which in Tecmo, usually means short fields and many turnovers. The RAMS sported the best offense and the worst defense in the league to no surprise. Predicted at 8-5 they also finished at 6-7 and Kamp unfortunately exited early in the playoffs to the hands of the Champ, Frankie P. In my opinion the DOLPHINS also underperformed. Predicted at 9-4 they finished, can you guess, 6-7! Marino was the best passer in the league, but they were often too one dimensional giving their opponents some short fields.

The CHIEFS and LIONS surpassed expectations. However, the Chiefs finished an amazing 10-3 losing to only the leagues most elite. Predicted at 7-6 it was sad to see them fall early to CVogt by only 3 points. The Lions although they finished 6-6-1 after a 6-7 prediction were a force. Sporting the second most rushing yards they played safe with Peete and also tacked on a win in the playoffs. Expect both the SAINTS and JETS to wreak havoc in Season 2.

The CHARGERS were a little disappointing. Coming off a 2nd place finish in Youngstown I expected big things out of San Diego. If it weren't for the flaky Raiders they too, could've been sitting on the outside looking in during playoff time. Predicted at 5-8 and finishing 4-8-1 I was pretty close. But factoring in the dominance of the Broncos and many 6-7 records the Chargers were not scary.

After an extremely successful season one I am surprised and disappointed to lose Tecmo Psycho, Laztlain, O'Dell and SuicideKing. I'm also sad that Lefty couldn't finish. I have love for Lefty, but I apologize to the league for holding us up and for having incomplete stats. His history and namesake are certainly worth the risk of not having a PC :) Of the 5 leaving I know 4 personally. And in total In this league I knew 7 of you personally. One has even been to my house. And 7 I haven't met but most have spent an extensive time chatting with on AIM. I'd like to personally thank each and every one of you for what you bring to Tecmo. You guys are why I'm here. And special thanks to Chris Vogt! If it weren't for him I'd probably still just be playing auto skipping console games and seeing how many yards I can rack up with the Raiders or how many shutouts I can pitch with the Steelers.

Season Two will kickoff soon! Thank you sirs. And good luck!

hawkeye98
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: SEASON I: Recap, Champions & Sweet Awards

Postby hawkeye98 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:50 pm

nice write up! when is season 2 starting?

diazzhole
All-Star
All-Star

Postby diazzhole » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Probably today or tomorrow. Just need to get Coconuts signed up in the phile. I already have the schedule made so we'll be rolling in no time!

coconuts622
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby coconuts622 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:40 pm

I'm in the phile. ready to go.
2014 March to Glory Tourney CHAMP
OcTecmofest 2013 Tourney RUNNER-UP
Tecmo X - ELITE 8
Tecmo XI - RUNNER UP