Week 3: FSU vs WV

Restavega
Rookie
Rookie
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Week 3: FSU vs WV

Postby Restavega » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:12 pm

The Mountaineers were far from the mountains as they stepped onto the home turf of the Florida Gators. Mountaineers kicked off the ball at the start of the game and what a game it was.

The Gators came out blazing with a few runs then a bomb to the endzone making it 7 - 0 followed by a successful stop against the Mountaineers' smashmouth. When they received the punt, the Gators executed the same exact drive (the bomb was to the same receiver, too). Being down 0 - 14, the Mountaineers received the kickoff only to fumble and cough up a turnover. The Gators quickly took advantage and struck again with a short pass converted to a touchdown. It was now 21 - 0 at the start of the second quarter with the Mountaineers to return the kickoff. The West Virginia offense began to click. They didn't take the field goal and went for the endzone but unsuccessful.

During halftime I spoke to the team and they were down. For the past two weeks my team has suffered losing close games to better teams. I reminded them that we've made comebacks before and the game is still in our hands. We've just gotta go out there and play like we want it.

The Mountaineers received the ball and opened up their offense with a bomb to Bolden that was intercepted. As the Gator's corner was returning the interception in glory they didn't realize that the Mountaineers were just getting started as they made the Gator cough up a fumble on the same play, the original intended receiver, Bolden, picked up the loose ball and scored... all in the same play. 21 -7.

The Gators tried to bring their offense that worked so well in the first half back to score again. But this time when they threw deep it must've been that half time chat I had with my team because the Mountaineers defense wasn't having it. They picked off the ball in the endzone and the offense thanks them with a bomb = TOUCHDOWN! 21 - 14.

West Virgina kicked off the ball full blast and as the Gators attempted to return it they fumbled the ball and it fell out of bounds. Everyone in the stadium could sense the fear in the Gators as they suddenly began to make changes on the line.

In the opening of the fourth quarter, the Mountaineers forced a punt out of the Gators and made a good return. Then what was to be a toss for a first down bacame a toss for a touchdown! 21 - 21!!!

The Gators then through a hail mary into the endzone that was smacked down by the now amped Mountaineer D. OT began and the Gators won the coin toss. The Mountaineer defense injured the Gators running back. The Gators got shutdown, punted, and then injured the Mountaineers RB! The sub that replaced him, Palmer, then turned a small run into the game winning touchdown!

The Mountaineers won 27-21!!! GREAT GAME!!!

fro30
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 475-310-4

Postby fro30 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:50 pm

dont forget to upload the .sta
fro30: hey me and the patriots have something in common
AgneePatel: what is that
fro30: we both put up 50+ on the skins ;-)
AgneePatel: lmfao

Restavega
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Restavega » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:58 pm

I'm having alittle trouble with a password situation. In the meantime, I emailed the sta to be uploaded.

Thanks for looking out for me. :)

BadMoonRison
All-Star
All-Star

Postby BadMoonRison » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:19 am

FSU Gators? :lol:
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2007: First Place
Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2009: Fifth Place
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2011: Second Place
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2012: Second Place
STL Season 6 Champion, Now and Forever
TCS Season 2 National Champion (Undefeated)
TCS Season 6 National Champion
TCS Season 7 National Champion
ATA Season 11 Champion
CIA Season 1 Champion
CIA Season 2 Champion
ATA Coach of the Year, Seasons 7 and 11
TPC First Ever Tournament Winner

Restavega
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Restavega » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:21 am

I love how you guys comment on everything but the game!

Hey, so I don't know my college teams! I don't know football altogether as a matter of fact! :P

felix1800n
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby felix1800n » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:35 pm

all that matters is the win so dont worry
Agneepatel: "One reason why I make more money than u is your brain is not Einstein like mine."

BadMoonRison
All-Star
All-Star

Postby BadMoonRison » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:57 pm

I was just playing. It's hard for me to resist because I used to have the Gators. Congrats on your first win. It was well earned and sounded like a great game!
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2007: First Place
Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2009: Fifth Place
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2011: Second Place
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2012: Second Place
STL Season 6 Champion, Now and Forever
TCS Season 2 National Champion (Undefeated)
TCS Season 6 National Champion
TCS Season 7 National Champion
ATA Season 11 Champion
CIA Season 1 Champion
CIA Season 2 Champion
ATA Coach of the Year, Seasons 7 and 11
TPC First Ever Tournament Winner

Restavega
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Restavega » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:03 am