Moderator: CTL

lightninglarry
Starter
Starter
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

2007 Playoff Preview

Postby lightninglarry » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:09 pm

49ERS 9-4 VS BENGALS 7-6
San Francisco comes in after losing their last game of the season to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Maybe it was for show, because had they won, it was possible they would face the Steelers again in the first round of the playoffs. The top seeded niners come in at 9-4 on the season and are the defending champs. The bullseye will be on their backs this post season. The main offensive weapon that the opposing Bengals will key on is league rushing champion, Willie Parker. Parker amassed 1153 yars this season on 123 carries. A 9.4 yard per carry clip. For the Bengals, it shows the true skill of cubanrocks as many including myself thought for sure the Bengals would be on the outside looking in. Sneaking in the back door, thanks to the Jets not meeting the season deadline, and winning the 4th step in the tiebreaker with the Raiders, the Bengals are now 0-0. Three games away from shocking th e world. They have a stout test, in probably the best player in online, and the 3rd rank defense on the season allowing only 11.4 points per game. Pair that with the 3rd ranked offense at a 25 ppg clip and the Bengals are -9 underdogs by the vegas lines. The Bengals will have to play the hot hand and hope conditions will play a factor. With three backs that will rotate carries with their 38 ms lines, maybe one or two go into good or excellent. Facing an excellent tapper in Reg, this will be a must. One dimensional, and you will lose against this great. If its a close game, the Bengals will do well, their kicker, Ryan Longwell, led the league with 13 boots thru the uprights for field goals.

Niners 27 - 10.

COWBOYS 9-4 VS STEELERS 8-5
The 2nd seeded Cowboys 15.5 ppg on defense versus the 3rd seeded Steelers giving up only 15.4 per game. Can't get any closer to that. The two teams squared off earlier this season, a week six matchup that the Cowboys took, 28-21. In that game, the difference was the ground attack by the Cowboys. Dallas killed the clock and outrushed the curtain, 159-30. Peyton Manning also tossed an interception for the black and gold and lost the turnover battle. Peterson holds a 3-2 lead in the series matchup between he and bigflu. With Dallas hosting, the oddsmakers put him as a 4 point favorite. Which high octane offense makes the most mistakes. There is no doubt, both teams can air it out with McNabb and Manning. I believe, the pressure of the playoffs and Jerry Jones being on the sideline will lead to a choke job in the 2nd half.

Steelers 24-17.

PATRIOTS 12-1 VS LIONS 9-4

The top seeded Patriots(12-1) host the Detroit Lions(9-4) in this round 1 tilt. The Patriots only allowed 8 points per game and the lack of ground attack by the Lions might pose some issues for bigmv54. With 175 pass attempts from Drew Brees, and only a combined 64 rushing attempts from Detroit backs, it is no secret that they will air it out. The Patriots also boast the 2nd ranked offense(25.5 ppg) while Detroit comes in 5th on the season(20.3 ppg). Patriots QB David Garrard(69pc) vs Rookie of the Year Darrelle Revis will be the matchup I'm looking forward to. Revis led the league in tackles with 55, but only tallied 4 interceptions. Will his 50 INT rating disrupt the high octane offense of the Pats? Vegas thinks not. The Presidents currently sit as a 6 point favorite. I will have to agree, while MV is a truly great player, so is TSBGOD and his roster is loaded.

Patriots 24-14.

TITANS 11-2 VS CARDINALS 9-4
The Arizona Cardinals travel to Nashville to take on the Tennessee Titans in round 1 of the playoffs. The two squads squared off earlier this season, a 48-7 win in week 6. After starting the season at a disappointing 0-2, the Titans rattled off 11 in a row to win the division. Led by linebacker Mike Vrabel who racked in 28 quarterback sacks(1 away from tying the league record). The defense was ranked 2nd all season at a 8.5 ppg clip. Combine that with the #1 ranked offense and the Titans will be a tough out. Don't be fooled by the snowballed win earlier this season, the Cardinals are a true test. Arizona needs to get the rock to LT so he can do some damage with the ground game. Tomlinson is ready to break out after an average 866 yard season. 6.3 yards per clip is a lower number for a 56 ms rb. Same can be said for his opposition in Jamal Lewis. Lewis has voiced his concern at his lack of touches in the gameplan. "110 carries for a beast like me. This season I had high hopes. While I still want the ring, I wan't to be the reason why." Lewis has to realize when your qb can toss it like Big Ben(2052 yards, 26:1 TD:INT ratio, 147.4 passer rating) you will always be playing 2nd fiddle. The line has jumped all over the week, going as high as 6 points, and as low as a deuce. At gametime, the spread is 3.5 in favor of the home team Titans. Tennesee will win, but not cover.

Titans 20-17.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

diazzhole
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 999-0-1

Re: 2007 Playoff Preview

Postby diazzhole » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Great & thoughtful write-ups! Thank you.
Attachments
anomoly.PNG
anomoly.PNG (76.81 KiB) Viewed 514 times
Midwest Tecmo IX Champion

ChaosConffetti
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby ChaosConffetti » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:57 pm

thx for the vote of confidence ahhhhhhhh... great write ups my man..
COWBOYS NGTL COWBOYS WTF2 COWBOYS HSTL

regulator088
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 21 Titles

Postby regulator088 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:29 pm

Good read
Play games, say GG, do recaps..... Harmony in tecmo

Return to “CTL 2007”