Knobbe.com Bowl - Boston College @ Illinois

tecmorox81
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Knobbe.com Bowl - Boston College @ Illinois

Postby tecmorox81 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:29 am

Sloppy game offensively for the most part by both teams.

Neither side had much of an advantage in this game.

If there was an advantage it was the defense. Boston College's secondary played amazing grabbing two Isiah Willams passes.

The Illini defense led by Jeremy Lehman managed to stop B.C. explosive Homer Brantley to a meare 28 yards on 10 carries.

This bowl played out much like the Illini's first bowl apperance against Pittsburgh in season 2. Expect this time Illinois didn't have an explosive back. It was defense that won the game for the Illini. Forcing big fumbles, losses, an interception, and a punt. And the man who I should have given the game to against Penn State Errol Ayers kicks the game winning field goal with :05 sec left.

Boston College - 7
@
Illinois - 10

@ Memorial Stadium - Lincoln NE

GG Kaberger GL next season.

Game Stats Here

A.P. Champaign, Ill - It is a huge day here on the campus of the University of Illinois. In their 2nd bowl appearace the Illini manage to outlast the Boston College Eagles in a defensive struggle.

Coach Tecmorox after the game..:
"Well I am glad we managed to pull out another bowl victory. We are a very young team this season and I really wasn't planning on winning the conference or making a bowl until we had grown up some. It was a great final game for our five seniors. Jeremy Lehman was huge at linebacker stopping their amazing running back. The defensive line was excellent at putting the pressure on and making things happen in the back field. I really look forward to signing day and when we get back on the field for spring practice. Now its time to rest up and look back on a great season."

Jeremy Lehman after the game..:
"I'm just happy we put all the pieces together with this young team and won the conference and this bowl, it was an awsome way to end my college career. My future plans are to enter the NFL draft, I've had a few scouts tell me I have some talent. I would like to come back here and coach the linebackers. I dunno well just have to see how this offseason goes."

Scotty Morin after the game..:
"It's offical man, we finally answered all of the question about our team and won a bowl. So much for the 5-5 season preview. For everybody who wants to know I am now 100% sure that I am going to the NFL."
Last edited by tecmorox81 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TCS - Illinois Fighting Illini
Season 4 - (8-3) [Career = 26-27]
Last Game - W v Holy Cross

STL - Green Bay Packers
Season 9 - (3-6) [Career = 7-12]
Last Game - W @ Miami

fro30
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 475-310-4

Postby fro30 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:11 pm

score?

and gj repping the big sex
fro30: hey me and the patriots have something in common
AgneePatel: what is that
fro30: we both put up 50+ on the skins ;-)
AgneePatel: lmfao

tecmorox81
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby tecmorox81 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:45 pm

fro30 wrote:score?

and gj repping the big sex

Score added, and thanks fro.
TCS - Illinois Fighting Illini
Season 4 - (8-3) [Career = 26-27]
Last Game - W v Holy Cross