Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Sports discussion, sports trash talk, and sports polls.

Moderator: TSBGOD

Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

YES
28%
NO
72%

Total votes: 29

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 am

It is what it is....You like to challenge a lot due to your inability to be good at something other than reading a bible. I wish we could meet someday reverend, you would see a totally different person that you are trying to bash. It's all good, you are you, and I am I, that will never change. Just do not pretend you know me from a tecmo board. You can question my sports take, my ego, or my money and that is fine. But do not ever challenge my integrity ...I tell it like it is, and that is the truth. No need to lie about anything I say on these boards.

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:31 am

TSBGOD wrote:It is what it is....You like to challenge a lot due to your inability to be good at something other than reading a bible. I wish we could meet someday reverend, you would see a totally different person that you are trying to bash. It's all good, you are you, and I am I, that will never change. Just do not pretend you know me from a tecmo board. You can question my sports take, my ego, or my money and that is fine. But do not ever challenge my integrity ...I tell it like it is, and that is the truth. No need to lie about anything I say on these boards.

Highjacked thread all of a sudden. I'll just say that I pick my spots because whenever I challenge you and you don't like it I just get this kind of response. Yes I read the Bible, and I like to think I have some other abilities as well. Maybe I'll post in the greatest achievement thread like you so I can tell everyone. :lol:

I'm sure we will meet up someday. I'll bring the cigars, you bring the real slim shady... errr tsbgor.
League Regular Season Record: 193-81
League Playoff Record: 15-12
TPC Recored: 163-55

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:41 am

Matlisab wrote:
TSBGOD wrote:
I'm sure we will meet up someday. I'll bring the cigars, you bring the real slim shady... errr tsbgor.

AGREED!

daboy8821
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby daboy8821 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:48 am

kamphuna8 wrote:I don't know. Romo without a lot of time to throw > Brady without a lot of time to throw. Tee hee

Romo>Brady

Romo doesnt try to hurt the worms
his attempts are always completed, 1 way or another

daboy8821
All-Star
All-Star

Postby daboy8821 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:56 am

TSBGOD wrote:
bruddog wrote:Brady "chokes" again. Brady blows 4th down. Then throws 2 picks trying to come back. Manning did better. Lol

I am loving it... With friends all Patriots fans, I am soaking this up so much. Won 1k on the Falcons and won 2 K on the Ravens. Pretty good day!!!!

I love it when the Patriots lose, makes it so much better in this place! haha

wow, all this brady talk and this is it

you slam peyton manning as the biggest choke artist when he lost.(lil something there)

patriots are NINE pt favorites and brady goes out and WETS the bed, wheres the "greatest of all time" statements.
if you truly believe yourself there would be some defending him

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:31 pm

I agree Brady played pretty average, like I said in a thread yesterday that Daboys or Brud obviously did not read. I said the legacy of Brady and Manning is already a foregone conclusion. This post season or the rest of their career will not change where they will go down in history. As of now Brady will probably go down as top 3 QB of all-time and Manning will go down as top 5-10 QB of all-time when it is all said and done. You can believe what you want Brud on my wins and losses, but I do fairly well( this year has been pretty bad though ) every year. It's all good though because bottom line Patriots lost, that is all I wanted yesterday. Nuff said

I can't defend Brady for yesterday, he did not play well, he did not play bad but not well by any means. I liked it though. Brud, it is a two edge sword, although I defend Brady I do want him to lose every time he plays, that is the 100% truth. I can atleast be honest with how good a player is even when I dislike him so much. Not many people can be that even keel, you know that. No bias here when ranking players in their respected sport.

Have to correct Daboys since he is not bet intelligent, Patriots were -7.5 favorites at gametime ..Just for the record.

daboy8821
All-Star
All-Star

Postby daboy8821 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:14 pm

he just showed yesterday how extremely Overated he really is

without that stellar Defense from years past, you get the Real Tom Brady

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:18 pm

daboy8821 wrote:he just showed yesterday how extremely Overated he really is

without that stellar Defense from years past, you get the Real Tom Brady

LOL....Either way you want to say it, he will go down as top 3 QB of all time, not me saying this, all the experts will have him there. I wish this was not the case, but it's a true statement and the right place for him at #3 of all time. He had an average game, many QB's have those that are great sometimes. The Patriots did lose their best cornerback in the 1st quarter and lost another db soon after that. Not an excuse but made a difference in the game for sure. He did not make any bone head INT's, but he did not play well in general though.

Let me add to this post...I really hope Manning wins another ring so I can re-visit this argument. I would love Manning to be placed in history above Tom Brady..Manning would have to win another ring for that to even happen though in everyones eyes and opinions. We shall see, I doubt it but I can hope.

daboy8821
All-Star
All-Star

Postby daboy8821 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:31 pm

exactly, the Patriot Defense didnt play great , thus Tom Brady losing, thats pretty normal the last few years,
like I said, No stellar D, the Patriots lose

shows you how much of a TEAM game it is, then shows you how much of a fraud Tom Brady is

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:34 pm

I think you are just hating because you know Romo sucks. No matter what you say Daboys that will not change Tom Brady going down as top 3 QB of all time. Nothing at all will change that now. He can only go up the ladder and not down, unfortunately.

Unlike Manning, who had an insane defense and lost and choked. 1 and done with a great defense. Big difference but glad you brought the defense topic up...damn I am good.

Denver defense ranked #2 in the whole Nfl..what happen with Manning? Nice try and thanks for the ammo.

Brady never lost with a stellar defense..remember you saying that? Why cant Manning win with one? Cant have it both ways Brud and Daboys...make up your minds. Manning has lost with the best offenses and now has lost with the best defense. His legacy is going down, not up. STOCK going down.

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:44 am

I never said Denver's defense played well...Just said they had the #2 defens ein the NFL and Peyton still did not win a ring or atleast one playoff game. One ane and out like he usually does. Brady never had the best defense in the league as far as I remember correctly. Maybt top 10 a few time sbut that's it. Patriots defens ewas depleted against the Ravens with their best CB Talib going out early and Chung soon after thaT. I am not going to make up excuses and say the defense lost the game but they played a huge part in it. WR Boldin did not do a thing until Talib went out of the game with injury. That said, Brady did not play well at all and he deserved to lose. Weather played some part of that but bottom line he was not the Brady I am use to seeing in big games.

Once again, anyway you want to slice it, Brady in his career was the better QB than Manning and we all know Brady will go down in history higher than Manning. I sound like a broken record but it is not me that will be putting him higher, it will be these so called experts?

You can maybe argue who is better in your opinion Brud, but you cannot argue that Brady will not go down as a better QB and higher on the list than Manning. This is a moot point and already etched in histort no matter what happens the rest of their career IMO. As I said before, I do like like Brady 1 Iota so I hope he loses every playoff game from here on. That is the reality of the TSBGOD like for Brady.....NUFF SAID

daboy8821
All-Star
All-Star

Postby daboy8821 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:17 am

nice read bru, i think there was a story similiar that I read last year or so. Matt Ryan I think was also in it.

I dont know why you bother with tsbgd, he says the same thing over n over again.
he just doesnt get it. In his mind, hes a sports genius and thats "stetched in stone".

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:42 pm

daboy8821 wrote:nice read bru, i think there was a story similiar that I read last year or so. Matt Ryan I think was also in it.

I dont know why you bother with tsbgd, he says the same thing over n over again.
he just doesnt get it. In his mind, hes a sports genius and thats "stetched in stone".

I am saying the same thing over and over again because this is pointless to keep this argument up. You both know Manning will not go down as a better QB.

Nothing to do with me being a sports genius, I have never claimed to be that , nor will I ever claim that. As much as I am right about things I am the same wrong on other things. This one I am not wrong... I do not make the list...the so called experts do and Brady is higher on that list than Manning, sorry to hurt your feelings. You guys must not watch sports or listen to the experts speak when they open their mouth. You just make up your own stats and clueless opinions. Ok, I am done with this thread, it's getting very old and repetitive. GG

regulator088
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 21 Titles

Postby regulator088 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 pm

LMAO Bru cited his stats. The only person not citing their stats is you. But, we all know where you get the source. The hot air between your ears.
Play games, say GG, do recaps..... Harmony in tecmo

regulator088
All-Star
All-Star

Postby regulator088 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Just because you have the #2 defense in the league doesnt mean shit. You play bad one game and it's over. It had nothing to do with how Manning performed. The OT INT shouldn't even be talked about because the stinky ass Colts defense could have prevented BAL from scoring with 30 seconds.

ngunn421
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby ngunn421 » Sun May 12, 2013 3:40 am

i dont believe brady is the best eather, i got 2 words for you TUCK RULE!!! that began their dynasty, but i know thats irrelivant to the subject at hand, but any one who barely gets touched and intimidates the refs to throw the flag for a hit on him is by far not the best, believe it or not, the pocket passer is coming to a close in the nfl, and we wont be mentioning any of these guys in 5 years, maybe rodgers or matt ryan but i think the wave of the future is CAM NEWTON or RG3, RuSSELL WILSON, these guys arent the best yet but im sure they will become that due to their freakish athleticism

props to bruddog for the good read, i enjoyed reading every word, i hate tom brady!

WIN lose OR tie IM A RAIDERS till i DIE!

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Sun May 12, 2013 6:52 am

bruddog wrote:TSBG if you think the Broncos D played good in that specific game you are on crack. He had the game "WON" and the defense lost it repeatedly throughout the game but nothing bigger than Rahim Moore's blunder. Teams win 95% of the time in that situation.

"You in Reverse

When discussing the clutch records of athletes like Matt Ryan and LeBron James in the past, I've brought up the idea of looking at Tom Brady's playoff record in reverse chronological order to highlight just how much of our opinions on athletes can be defined by what they do early in the "big moments" of their career. Just for fun, since we're all trying to figure out what this round of playoffs means for the legacies of guys like Ryan, Joe Flacco, and Peyton Manning, let's actually go through year-by-year and see what opinions might have cropped up with regard to Tom Brady if we flipped his 13-year career on its head. I promise that I will only be as jaundiced in the descriptions as most people would be about the likes of Ryan and Manning. You can play along with his playoff game log here.

Record: 1-1
Career-to-date: 1-1

Brady makes his playoff debut and easily dispatches the Texans at home, but despite the fact that his Patriots are heavy home favorites against the Ravens, New England loses when they fail to produce in the red zone. Brady shows his inability to handle pressure situations when he mismanages the clock at the end of the first half and has to settle for a field goal, a problem that should hopefully go away when he matures. The Patriots have a shot late in the game, but an ill-timed Brady 2nd interception puts New England's title hopes to rest.

Record: 2-1
Career-to-date: 3-2

Although Brady takes a leap forward and makes his first Super Bowl, his performance during the playoffs leaves a bit to be desired. Brady runs up his stats against the lowly Broncos and Tim Tebow, throwing for six touchdowns and 363 yards. In the AFC Championship Game, Brady throws two picks against the Ravens and posts a passer rating of 57.5, but his defense bails him out with the famous strip of Lee Evans in the end zone and the Billy Cundiff missed field goal. And despite a stretch of hot play in the second quarter, when he sets a consecutive completions record, Brady comes up short when his team needs him most in the second half, failing to connect with Wes Welker on a long would-be touchdown and failing to protect a lead inside four minutes of the fourth quarter. Brady almost literally hands Eli Manning and the Giants the Super Bowl.

Record: 0-1
Career-to-date: 3-3

In a shocking upset, Brady's Patriots lose as 9.5-point home favorites to the Jets, who befuddle Brady while sacking him five times and forcing an early interception to set the tone. It's Brady's second playoff loss as a heavy home favorite in three years.

Record: 0-1
Career-to-date: 3-4

It's another crushing loss for Brady, who appears to have never recovered after blowing the lead in the Super Bowl and failing to hit Welker with the game on the line. He turns over the ball four times, including three times on the first four drives, as the Patriots fall to 2-3 at home in the playoffs under Brady.

Career-to-date: 5-5

The ultimate regular-season superstar comes up short yet again on the big stage. After a stunning 16-0 season earns Brady his first MVP award, a mediocre playoff run ends in failure for the Patriots. Sure, Brady beats up on the AFC South at home, as he throws for 262 yards and three touchdowns against the Jaguars, but what happens when the competition gets tougher? He throws three picks against the Chargers in the conference championship and only wins because he's playing a guy on a torn ACL. And while Brady manages to finally beat the Giants for the first time in Week 17, he still can't beat them when it really counts, as the perfect team falls just short. Brady can only muster a measly 5.5 yards per attempt as he endlessly checks down and scores just 14 points.

Career-to-date: 7-6

Can Tom Brady ever beat a Manning brother? First, it was Eli. Now, it's big brother Peyton getting into the act, as the Colts launch a dramatic comeback in the AFC Championship Game to produce a 38-34 victory. Again, Brady beats up on the league's weaklings before playing worse in each successive game; he throws for 212 yards and two scores against the Jets, but then has another three-pick game against the Chargers in a contest where the Patriots only pull the game out after the Chargers try to return Brady's final pick deep in the fourth quarter and Troy Brown manages to strip the ball loose. In that AFC Championship Game, Brady fumbles a snap into the end zone that's recovered for a touchdown — wouldn't a clutch player be able to hold onto a snap? He also gets a pick-six to eventually go up 21-6 heading into halftime, but the Patriots blow a 15-point lead and lose when Brady fails to come through with a lead on third-and-4 inside of three minutes, giving the ball to Manning and setting up a game-winning score. Is he ever going to have a big drive when his team really needs it?

Record: 1-1
Career-to-date: 8-7

Yawn. The book on Tom Brady's already been written. Sure, he throws for 201 yards and three touchdowns against the Jaguars at home in an early-round victory. Who doesn't beat up on the weaklings of the AFC South? When he has to travel on the road to play the Broncos, though, Brady puts up an empty 341 yards as he throws two picks, including one in the Denver end zone that Champ Bailey returns 99 yards to the 1-yard line on a drive that would have given New England the lead. The Patriots never recover.

At this point, Brady's playoff reputation is something resembling Peyton Manning. He's the guy who beats up on weak links and never shows up when his team really needs him. He's got various maladies: He can't beat the Giants or can't beat a Manning brother, he chokes when his team is a huge favorite at home, he can't produce a drive to kill off a game, he's distracted by his model wife. In what approximates a full season, Brady's line is good, but not great: 363-583 (62.3 percent completion percentage), 3,998 passing yards, 31 touchdowns, 19 interceptions. That's too many picks for a guy who averages only 10 interceptions per year. Antsy New England fans call for Bill Belichick's head because they want a head coach who has proven he can win Super Bowls.

And yet, despite the fact that you "know" Tom Brady, that he's the guy who can't come up with the big win, that he's just another quarterback who looks better in fantasy football than at the helm in the real thing, Tom Brady goes 9-0 in his next nine playoff games and wins three Super Bowls. He throws 11 touchdowns against three interceptions. He beats teams on the road. At home. As a favorite. As an underdog. He produces incredible, game-winning drives that will stand the test of time and redefine his legacy. Bizarro Simmons — undergoing a dramatic downward spiral that somehow takes him from hosting a show on ESPN to living in Charlestown and bumming cigarettes outside of Store 24 — has to laugh off years of columns about how he'll never be stupid enough to bet on Tom Brady when it really matters. Brady's career culminates with an incredibly gutsy performance against the Raiders at home in the snow, when he leads his team to a narrow victory before winning the next two games and claiming his third Super Bowl title. His legacy secure, Brady rides off into the sunset victorious.3

So, with that all in mind, you should take two things away from this silly exercise. First, what a quarterback does in the playoffs at the beginning of his career isn't any more meaningful than what he does in the middle or at the end of his career. You don't win an extra half Super Bowl if you do it before you turn 25. Second, you don't "know" what a quarterback is going to do in the playoffs because of how he's previously performed in the playoffs. We have 15 games over seven seasons saying that Tom Brady's a playoff flop, and that information means absolutely nothing in determining how Tom Brady would play in the future. Looking at the games under the proper chronological order says just as much: We had nine games suggesting that Tom Brady was unstoppable in the playoffs, and afterward, we've had 15 games implying that he's actually just like any other good quarterback in the postseason. That he's "been there before" means nothing, just like it did in 2001, when Brady made it to the Super Bowl and won it without having been there before. He's still capable of screwing up and making mistakes, as Sunday showed. He's also still capable of being great and winning a Super Bowl. The truth isn't quite as satisfying as a one-word label like "clutch" or "unclutch," but football's a lot more complicated than one-word labels. It deserves better, and just as the likes of Manning and Ryan are demeaned with overly simplistic stories about their playoff performance, so is Brady."

So much time you put in to this...I give you credit for that, but for sure not your insight. We can go back and forth who is the better QB, but by far 80% of people who know sports or the so called experts would choose Brady over Manning. As I have always stated, I like Manning better than Brady, just think Brady is better period. You also dont look a tthe what if's? If Welker does not drop that pass that he catches 99% of the time, Brady has 4 SB's , not 3. If Eli Manning gets called in the grasp, or his WR does not made a riduculous catch, Brady would have 5 SB's, not 3. Let's not get crazy here, Brady is better than Manning whether the 20% of the country think it or not. I do not need numbers to back of this fact, it's already etched in stone!

I think it's mostly the hate factor when determing the facts sometimes. People would love to think P.Manning is better, but that is not the case. He has choked over and over again and again. 1 SB win does not cut it for me. He had many chances but seems to never come through. He beat a horrible offensive team in the Bears to win a SB, that is the bright spot of his career.

Stick with hacking tecmo roms Bruddog, atleast you are good at that. :)

P.S. In all honesty...if Denver's defense did not give up that late TD to Balt, I do believe denver had a shot to win SB.

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:00 pm

A year later, the discussion is still there. If Manning wins the SB does he surpass Brady? Brady's only claim over Manning has been playoff success, but the last 10 years Brady's had some struggles there.

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:22 pm

In my mind, yes he does. He just beat the Patriots and Brady and will close the SB gap to 3-2. That is enough in my eyes for Peyton to surpass Brady. If he loses, he is still behind in my eyes. It was the best feeling sitting with all patriots fans and seeing them whine while Peyton carved up that sad defense. I was in heaven yesterday!

PEYTON>BRADY if he wins the Super Bowl, no doubt!

daboy8821
All-Star
All-Star

Postby daboy8821 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:08 pm

another bad assessment by tsbgd

lets say manning if having a good day throwing against the great secondary of Seattle. but Seattle is scoring with Denver and Seattle takes the lead with 4 minutes left in game.

Super Bowl on the line, peyton starts at his 20 yrd line, peyton does his thing and is driving down the field. peyton has 30 seconds left, peyton hits welker and welker could walk into endzone but instead he loses teh ball and seattle recovers for the ballgame.(or any scenerio like this)

you cant blame manning but yet because his TEAM did not win the super bowl, brady still better?

try to look at the TEAM more instead of the individual

daboy8821
All-Star
All-Star

Postby daboy8821 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:37 pm

regulator088 wrote:BRADY GREATEST OF ALL TIME. So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

Only TSBdorks world

regulator088
All-Star
All-Star

Postby regulator088 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:44 pm

daboy8821 wrote:another bad assessment by tsbgd

lets say manning if having a good day throwing against the great secondary of Seattle. but Seattle is scoring with Denver and Seattle takes the lead with 4 minutes left in game.

Super Bowl on the line, peyton starts at his 20 yrd line, peyton does his thing and is driving down the field. peyton has 30 seconds left, peyton hits welker and welker could walk into endzone but instead he loses teh ball and seattle recovers for the ballgame.(or any scenerio like this)

you cant blame manning but yet because his TEAM did not win the super bowl, brady still better?

try to look at the TEAM more instead of the individual

That's been Manning's life the past 8 years!! Finally someone gets it, only it's been his defense to choke. He plays flawless vs Baltimore last year and his D gives up the most ridiculous TD probably in recent playoff history.... then followed by a Manning INT in OT and all of a sudden it's his fault.

TSBdork refuses to acknowledge the other factors in success.... like how Peyton has a better rating than Brady in the playoffs.... and that Brady won 3 superbowls with a top 5 defense each season. Manning won his with the 28th defense.... REALLY?

keirre21
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby keirre21 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:55 pm

What is the actual Question here?

Is Brady better than Manning?

or

Is Brady the best QB in the NFL today?

or

Is Brady the best QB in this Era?

or

Is Brady the Best QB of All Time?

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:06 am

keirre21 wrote:What is the actual Question here?

Is Brady better than Manning?

or

Is Brady the best QB in the NFL today?

or

Is Brady the best QB in this Era?

or

Is Brady the Best QB of All Time?

Like any tsbgod thread the question has been derailed to different topics, strawman arguments have been given and the original questions have expanded. In short, all those are being considered.

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:20 am

It was originally IsTom Brady was best QB in the NFL. Then it turned in to Manning VS Brady.

Return to “TSBGod's Sports Page”