Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Sports discussion, sports trash talk, and sports polls.

Moderator: TSBGOD

Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

YES
8
28%
NO
21
72%
 
Total votes: 29

User avatar
Tecmo Psycho
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 2238
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:36 pm
TSB W-L-T: 6 Titles
Location: Indianapolis
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby Tecmo Psycho » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:57 am

keirre21 wrote:
Tecmo Psycho wrote:
Brady would have had ZERO SB rings if played in Indy. .



I hate thse type of arguments, they remind me of the Marino/Montana and Emmit/Barry arguments I have always heard. You can only judge a guy on body of work. Not "what if". To win arguments, you need supporting evidence. What evidence is there to support Brady not being any better in INDY and Peyton being better than Brady if he was in N.E.?


This was in simple reply to the comments that Brady would have dominated with the likes of harrison wayne clark freeney and Mathis.
Image
THIRD PLACE: Buffalo Bounty IV, Midwest Tecmo IX, and 2017 Cincinnati Championships
FINAL FOUR:  Detroit Kumite II and Indy Tecmo I

User avatar
Tecmo Psycho
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 2238
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:36 pm
TSB W-L-T: 6 Titles
Location: Indianapolis
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby Tecmo Psycho » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:00 am

But if you need an answer to the question:

Brady was the best Qb this season.
Brady is not the best qb of all time.
Brady is somewhere between 5-8 all time imo
Image
THIRD PLACE: Buffalo Bounty IV, Midwest Tecmo IX, and 2017 Cincinnati Championships
FINAL FOUR:  Detroit Kumite II and Indy Tecmo I

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:02 am

Tecmo Psycho wrote:
keirre21 wrote:
Tecmo Psycho wrote:
Brady would have had ZERO SB rings if played in Indy. .



I hate thse type of arguments, they remind me of the Marino/Montana and Emmit/Barry arguments I have always heard. You can only judge a guy on body of work. Not "what if". To win arguments, you need supporting evidence. What evidence is there to support Brady not being any better in INDY and Peyton being better than Brady if he was in N.E.?


This was in simple reply to the comments that Brady would have dominated with the likes of harrison wayne clark freeney and Mathis.



With this offense Brady would of shattered records...This guy won super bowls with Troy Brown as his best WR and Deion Branch also. Give him what Manning had and for sure he would be unstoppable. You must be a Colts fan. No way Peyton manning will ever be considered, be better, or have more rings than Brady..NEVER! Obviously Manning is behind Brady, we all know this Psycho, whatever spin you put on it. I actually like Peyton better than Brady personally, but he is not a better QB. Playoff record and bone head ints kill him. He is not clutch like Brady.

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:03 am

Tecmo Psycho wrote:But if you need an answer to the question:

Brady was the best Qb this season.
Brady is not the best qb of all time.
Brady is somewhere between 5-8 all time imo


If Brady is 5-8 all time..Mannign must be 15-20. LOL

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 am

TSBGOD wrote:
Tecmo Psycho wrote:But if you need an answer to the question:

Brady was the best Qb this season.
Brady is not the best qb of all time.
Brady is somewhere between 5-8 all time imo


If Brady is 5-8 all time..Mannign must be 15-20. LOL



Troy brown? I might be a better WR than Troy Brown!

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:11 am

Brady's playoff record 17-6 3 SB titles

41 TDs 20 INTs



Manning's playoff record 9-11 1 SB title ( 8 one and done exits)


32 TDS 21 INTS


NUFF SAID...this is all you need to know.

User avatar
Tecmo Psycho
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 2238
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:36 pm
TSB W-L-T: 6 Titles
Location: Indianapolis
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby Tecmo Psycho » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:13 am

TSBGOD wrote:
Tecmo Psycho wrote:But if you need an answer to the question:

Brady was the best Qb this season.
Brady is not the best qb of all time.
Brady is somewhere between 5-8 all time imo


If Brady is 5-8 all time..Mannign must be 15-20. LOL



I hate GOAT discussions anyway, but what are you using to determine this?
People put too much emphasis on team achievements and championships. People cannot accurately compare qbs of different eras either
Manning and brady arent done either. These discussions are more appropriate once they have retired.
Image
THIRD PLACE: Buffalo Bounty IV, Midwest Tecmo IX, and 2017 Cincinnati Championships
FINAL FOUR:  Detroit Kumite II and Indy Tecmo I

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:18 am

Tecmo Psycho wrote:
TSBGOD wrote:
Tecmo Psycho wrote:But if you need an answer to the question:

Brady was the best Qb this season.
Brady is not the best qb of all time.
Brady is somewhere between 5-8 all time imo


If Brady is 5-8 all time..Mannign must be 15-20. LOL



I hate GOAT discussions anyway, but what are you using to determine this?
People put too much emphasis on team achievements and championships. People cannot accurately compare qbs of different eras either
Manning and brady arent done either. These discussions are more appropriate once they have retired.


There is nothing Manning can do to catch up to Brady no matter what he does left in his career. His legacy is already in stone, as is Brady's. If you want a great QB regular season you take Peyton, If you want a great QB regular season and Playoffs you take Brady. Simple logic..not too hard to comprehend..I broke it down for you. In the playoffs Manning does not do what he does in the Regualr season.

User avatar
Tecmo Psycho
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 2238
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:36 pm
TSB W-L-T: 6 Titles
Location: Indianapolis
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby Tecmo Psycho » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:20 am

TSBGOD wrote:Brady's playoff record 17-6 3 SB titles

41 TDs 20 INTs



Manning's playoff record 9-11 1 SB title ( 8 one and done exits)


32 TDS 21 INTS


NUFF SAID...this is all you need to know.


Since I have to get to working and have no more time, why don't you post some career Qb stats for QBs of this era? I'd be curious to see where everyone falls. Manning, Brady, Brees, Ben, etc.
Image
THIRD PLACE: Buffalo Bounty IV, Midwest Tecmo IX, and 2017 Cincinnati Championships
FINAL FOUR:  Detroit Kumite II and Indy Tecmo I

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:21 am

Tecmo Psycho wrote:
TSBGOD wrote:Brady's playoff record 17-6 3 SB titles

41 TDs 20 INTs



Manning's playoff record 9-11 1 SB title ( 8 one and done exits)


32 TDS 21 INTS


NUFF SAID...this is all you need to know.


Since I have to get to working and have no more time, why don't you post some career Qb stats for QBs of this era? I'd be curious to see where everyone falls. Manning, Brady, Brees, Ben, etc.


It would not be worth my time, Peyton is the only one that compares to Brady if anyone and this is really not as close as it once was. Please do not put Brees and Ben in any Brady and Manning conversation, only Rodgers can maybe slip in the convo but it is too soon to do that. BEN...LMFAOOOOO

I am not putting Brady over anyone solely for SB rings...ELI and Ben has more than one and trust me they are not as good as Brees , Peyton or Rodgers. It takes more than rings. Brady has the complete package, reg season and post season.

I am glad my real friends are not seeing this thread, I would never tell them that Brady is this good! I hate the Patriots and Tom Brady! Especially Belidick!

User avatar
Tecmo Psycho
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 2238
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:36 pm
TSB W-L-T: 6 Titles
Location: Indianapolis
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby Tecmo Psycho » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:23 am

TSBGOD wrote:
Tecmo Psycho wrote:
TSBGOD wrote:Brady's playoff record 17-6 3 SB titles

41 TDs 20 INTs



Manning's playoff record 9-11 1 SB title ( 8 one and done exits)


32 TDS 21 INTS


NUFF SAID...this is all you need to know.


Since I have to get to working and have no more time, why don't you post some career Qb stats for QBs of this era? I'd be curious to see where everyone falls. Manning, Brady, Brees, Ben, etc.


It would not be worth my time, Peyton is the only one that compares to Brady if anyone and this is really not as close as it once was. Please do not put Brees and Ben in any Brady and Manning conversation, only Rodgers can maybe slip in the convo but it is too soon to do that. BEN...LMFAOOOOO
Image
THIRD PLACE: Buffalo Bounty IV, Midwest Tecmo IX, and 2017 Cincinnati Championships
FINAL FOUR:  Detroit Kumite II and Indy Tecmo I

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:36 am

AND.............your point? Probably kills you as a Colts fan to admit Brady is the best QB and maybe the best all-time. You can't say that as a Colts fan, would not be proper.

bruddog
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:20 am
TSB W-L-T: 406-123
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 9 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby bruddog » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:04 am

TSBGOD how bad have the browns been since Belicheck has been gone and in general. Belicheck's stint there was about as good as it been there. He took over a 3-13 team the previous year and then went

7-9 pt differential -3
7-9 pt differential -3
11-5 pt differential +134 Only gave up 204 pts. Best in the NFL
5-11 pt differential -67


The 11-5 season in 1995 the Browns had the 3rd best point differential in the league behind the 49ers and Cowboys. Read that again the BROWNS had the third best point differential who have sucked donkey cock basically every year since then.

But yes Bledsoe was no Brady. But so say Brady MADE belicheck is a joke. I would say Brady has "choked/played poorly" about as many times as Peyton but his defense/coach/special teams bailed him out more often and that is the main difference in their win/loss record.
Image

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:19 pm

bruddog wrote:TSBGOD how bad have the browns been since Belicheck has been gone and in general. Belicheck's stint there was about as good as it been there. He took over a 3-13 team the previous year and then went

7-9 pt differential -3
7-9 pt differential -3
11-5 pt differential +134 Only gave up 204 pts. Best in the NFL
5-11 pt differential -67


The 11-5 season in 1995 the Browns had the 3rd best point differential in the league behind the 49ers and Cowboys. Read that again the BROWNS had the third best point differential who have sucked donkey cock basically every year since then.

But yes Bledsoe was no Brady. But so say Brady MADE belicheck is a joke. I would say Brady has "choked/played poorly" about as many times as Peyton but his defense/coach/special teams bailed him out more often and that is the main difference in their win/loss record.



I disagree totally, obviously they both have helped each other but it's a no brainer Beledick does nothing without Brady. I think more of a drafting expert he was more than a coach. Good coach but he does not win anything without Brady, period. No, the games where defense helped him out he managed the game pretty well, you do not have to be a hero every time to win a game. Brady does an excellent job in this aspect. Bottom line is there is not a question anymore who is better Brady or Peyton, it's a foregone conclusion. Like I said, If he wins this season I would put him as the best QB of all-time. For now I have Marino and Montana as the best 2 QB's I have ever seen. Beledick was not good in Cleveland, no matter what way you slice it, he actually got worse before he left. It takes a great QB to do what the Patriots have done for all these years. Half the time they had a good defense and half the time they had a pretty poor defense. You can try to flip it anyway you want but comes down to mostly 1 man ...Brady. He just makes the right decisions time after time. Manning, does not. Belechick would of never settled for overtime with Brady at the helm with 31 seconds left , coach Fox did with Peyton, that should give you a clue on how trusted they both are and prior track record.

That said...GO RAVENS!!!!!!

and for the Browns...the division was not as good as it is now.

User avatar
regulator088
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 1771
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:59 pm
TSB W-L-T: 21 Titles

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby regulator088 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:44 pm

Saying Belicheck is only a GREAT coach because of Brady is just silly. You had me on this argument until you said that. Look at all the spawns of Belicheck that go on to be successful. From what I gather, I doubt they consulted Brady on how to be good coaches. Your not successful yourself and share that success with MULTIPLE other coaches without being great yourself.
Play games, say GG, do recaps..... Harmony in tecmo

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:52 pm

regulator088 wrote:Saying Belicheck is only a GREAT coach because of Brady is just silly. You had me on this argument until you said that. Look at all the spawns of Belicheck that go on to be successful. From what I gather, I doubt they consulted Brady on how to be good coaches. Your not successful yourself and share that success with MULTIPLE other coaches without being great yourself.



Well..he was not great in Cleveland and would not be great anywhere else..he was great because of Brady. He is a good coach but would not of been great without Brady, any normal person can figure this out. He would have ZERO SB's If Brady was not drafted. ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO



1 winning season in 4 years as Browns coach. He needed a once in a lifetime QB to be great, bottom line. DUH

I think you turned my words...


Belichick 36-44 his stay with the Browns..he did not build a winner..why is that? I do not even have to go there :)


By spawns do you mean Mangini and Crennel? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO As with anything, some went on to be good, some went on to be god awful after Belichick coaching. Without Brady, Belichick would of ended of being fired multiple places and having to settle for a defensive coordinator job in the Nfl.

kamphuna8
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 2171
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:57 am
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby kamphuna8 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:53 pm

Tony Romo , Troy Aikman, Roger Staubach, Danny White, Don Meredith.
cool as high water

Tsbgod 10:33 pm
why be malicious
make sno sense on a tecmo board

Kamphuna8 10:33 pm
well to some it obviously does
all a bunch of geese and ganders in the tecmo world

User avatar
lightninglarry
Starter
Starter
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:55 pm
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0
Location: Y Vegas, NC
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 17 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby lightninglarry » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:44 pm

kamphuna8 wrote:Tony Romo , Troy Aikman, Roger Staubach, Danny White, Don Meredith.

Steve Walsh was the greatest Cowboy QB

not saying that because he was my favorite Cane QB of all time or anything.
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

Image

User avatar
regulator088
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 1771
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:59 pm
TSB W-L-T: 21 Titles

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby regulator088 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:56 pm

Did you ever get to see the 30:30 ESPN presentation on the Cleveland Browns and the "what if" Belicheck didn't leave? Your on your own with this argument as 99.99% of the world disagrees with you. My psychology professor put it best back in the day saying "if your the only person that backs your argument, do you think you or the world is wrong?"
Play games, say GG, do recaps..... Harmony in tecmo

User avatar
TDO
#201
#201
Posts: 15767
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:00 pm
TSB W-L-T: 405-1216-8
Location: Parts Unknown
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 73 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby TDO » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:27 pm

regulator088 wrote:"if your the only person that backs your argument, do you think you or the world is wrong?"


A lot of times in history being the only person to back your argument didn't mean you were wrong.

IE the world is flat

:P
Image
Antiquity League- Federal League Champions 1982, 1985

User avatar
regulator088
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 1771
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:59 pm
TSB W-L-T: 21 Titles

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby regulator088 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 pm

OK, so 99.99% of the time when 99.99% of the people disagree with you..... forever the smart ass TDO ;)
Play games, say GG, do recaps..... Harmony in tecmo

User avatar
TDO
#201
#201
Posts: 15767
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:00 pm
TSB W-L-T: 405-1216-8
Location: Parts Unknown
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 73 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby TDO » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:20 pm

indeed I am, and right now, I would say Brady is the best qb in the nfl, but he wouldn't crack the all time top 5 qbs for me.
Image
Antiquity League- Federal League Champions 1982, 1985

kamphuna8
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 2171
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:57 am
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby kamphuna8 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:02 pm

Both Brady and Peyton Manning seem to have thrown a lot of playoff INTs, granted in a lot of playoff games, maybe about 1 a game. That still seems like a lot and not an outstanding TD:INT Ration on either of their parts, though Brady's being about 2:1 is pretty good I guess.
cool as high water

Tsbgod 10:33 pm
why be malicious
make sno sense on a tecmo board

Kamphuna8 10:33 pm
well to some it obviously does
all a bunch of geese and ganders in the tecmo world

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:35 pm

regulator088 wrote:Did you ever get to see the 30:30 ESPN presentation on the Cleveland Browns and the "what if" Belicheck didn't leave? Your on your own with this argument as 99.99% of the world disagrees with you. My psychology professor put it best back in the day saying "if your the only person that backs your argument, do you think you or the world is wrong?"



Well..you the one that went off subject my friend..This thread was if Brady was best QB in the NFL, that is a fact. We can only do what ifs in magic land. We will never know..wow 30 for 30, thats a great argument! Does 30:30 represent 99.99% ? Wow, you rerally are clueless. I guess you think John Madden is a great sports announcer also :) LMFAO


As always you get off the original subject..stick to tapping :0

Damn...I am killing this thread! 99.99% of the time :)

User avatar
regulator088
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 1771
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:59 pm
TSB W-L-T: 21 Titles

Re: Is Brady best QB in the NFL?

Postby regulator088 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:45 pm

You were the one who was talking about Belicheck bubby. Once again your wrong 99.99% of the time.
Play games, say GG, do recaps..... Harmony in tecmo


Return to “TSBGod's Sports Page”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest