2014 CFB Week 8 Best Bets

Sports discussion, sports trash talk, and sports polls.

Moderator: TSBGOD

keirre21
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

2014 CFB Week 8 Best Bets

Postby keirre21 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:59 pm

Fresh off a disappointing 4-4 week thanks to USC not being able to hold their lead (USC wins by 2), Looking to capitalize on some late moving lines this week.

1.) Lock Washington (+21) at Oregon

Riding the Huskies train again. Oregon played exceptional at UCLA which led to everyone thinking they have solved their OL and DL issues. The huskies mightnhave the best DL in the country and I see Mariotta having to make play after play with his feet (not necessarily a bad thing). I feel this will be a high scoring game but 3 TD's & XPs is far too much

2.) OKlahoma (-7) vs K-State

Oklahoma's offense continues to worry me as Trevor Knight struggles mightily with his accuracy still and OC Josh Heupel has proven to have no experience establishing an offensive dentity for this team. However, This is a bad K-state secondary and the passing game should click better today. The Wildcats played Auburn very tough at home but in their only other road game they barely escaped the Iowa St Cyclones. I think OU continues their 2nd half trend of shutting opponents down on defense and they win by 2 TDs.

3.) West Va va Baylor (under 80.5)

In the L/2 yrs the winner has scored over 70 on the opposition! I think West VA. Coach Dana Holgerson slows tempo in this game and runs the football on Baylor. Baylor will find tougher sleding against the mountaineers as they employ more zone than TCU. I thin West Va has a chance to steal this one late. Watch the WRS in this game. Kevin White from WVU is a 1st round pick in this upcoming draft

4.) Tennessee (+16) at Ole Miss

I almost made this game my lock. Really Simple this game is about Defense, Defense, Defense. Neither team will move the ball easily and I think the "Old" Bo wallace rears his ugly head again. This might be a game played in the teens.

5.) Arkansas (ML) vs Georgia

The razorbacks have came close twice to upseting SEC west foes (A&M and Bama). I think they beat Georgia outright in a old school physical game. Georgia over came the loss of Gurley last week but over time (starting this week) we will see they regress on offense.

Other games I like

Iowa (+4.5) at Maryland

Missouri (+6) at Florida

Duke (-3) vs Virginia

FSU (-9.5) vs Notre Dame

Minnesota (-12) vs Purdue

tecmoaddict
Florida
Florida
TSB W-L-T: 3 Titles!

Re: 2014 CFB Week 8 Best Bets

Postby tecmoaddict » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:55 pm

keirre21 wrote:Fresh off a disappointing 4-4 week thanks to USC not being able to hold their lead (USC wins by 2), Looking to capitalize on some late moving lines this week.

Riding the Huskies train again. Oregon played exceptional at UCLA which led to everyone thinking they have solved their OL and DL issues. The huskies mightnhave the best DL in the country and I see Mariotta having to make play after play with his feet (not necessarily a bad thing). I feel this will be a high scoring game but 3 TD's & XPs is far too much

Oklahoma's offense continues to worry me as Trevor Knight struggles mightily with his accuracy still and OC Josh Heupel has proven to have no experience establishing an offensive dentity for this team. However, This is a bad K-state secondary and the passing game should click better today. The Wildcats played Auburn very tough at home but in their only other road game they barely escaped the Iowa St Cyclones. I think OU continues their 2nd half trend of shutting opponents down on defense and they win by 2 TDs.

In the L/2 yrs the winner has scored over 70 on the opposition! I think West VA. Coach Dana Holgerson slows tempo in this game and runs the football on Baylor. Baylor will find tougher sleding against the mountaineers as they employ more zone than TCU. I thin West Va has a chance to steal this one late. Watch the WRS in this game. Kevin White from WVU is a 1st round pick in this upcoming draft

I almost made this game my lock. Really Simple this game is about Defense, Defense, Defense. Neither team will move the ball easily and I think the "Old" Bo wallace rears his ugly head again. This might be a game played in the teens.

The razorbacks have came close twice to upseting SEC west foes (A&M and Bama). I think they beat Georgia outright in a old school physical game. Georgia over came the loss of Gurley last week but over time (starting this week) we will see they regress on offense.

Other games I like

Iowa (+4.5) at Maryland

Missouri (+6) at Florida

Duke (-3) vs Virginia

FSU (-9.5) vs Notre Dame

Minnesota (-12) vs Purdue

I know mizzou got creamed by uga last week, but how is Florida the favorite? Florida has a horrible coach & terrible qb, so they have no chance vs mizzou unless their defense scored 21 points.
TECMOCOWBOYSNTA Season 1 Champion (13-2)
TECMOCOWBOYSNTA Season 2 Champion (12-4)
TECMOCOWBOYSTTL Season 1 Champion (7-5)

BRONCOS ATA Season 24 Runner-Up (15-4)

keirre21
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby keirre21 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:09 pm

That was my thinking

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

Postby TSBGOD » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:15 am

keirre21 wrote:Fresh off a disappointing 4-4 week thanks to USC not being able to hold their lead (USC wins by 2), Looking to capitalize on some late moving lines this week.

YIKES

keirre21
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby keirre21 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:04 pm

Yikes doesn't even describe it, I got taken to the cleaners yesterday.

I won 2 bets yesterday, Under on the West Va/Baylor game and Nevada ML. And I can't even take credit for the nevada game because I was just riding the coat tails of a guy who's 7-1 in upset picks this season.

I lost all my parlays and 6 straight up bets

Return to “TSBGod's Sports Page”