2014 Week 9 Best bets

Sports discussion, sports trash talk, and sports polls.

Moderator: TSBGOD

keirre21
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

2014 Week 9 Best bets

Postby keirre21 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:33 pm

I'll be honest there aren't a ton of games I realy like this week. Most of the lines are solid to me.

1.) Lock. Texas (+9.5) at Kansas State

I was looking at this game before K-state won at Oklahoma last week. Despite Texas' poor defensive performance last week, I think they play more physical than K-state today and make a game of it.

2.) Wisconsin (-10) vs Maryland

Maryland can't stop the run and that's huge problem going against Wisconsin. Unlike last week vs Iowa, their offense won't be able to match scores, as Wisconsin is solid in the secondary. I think the Badgers smoke ther terps and win by 3 TDs

3.) Clemson (over 31.5 pts) vs Syracuse

Cole Stoudt is more of a game manager than an engineer of Chad Morris' high octane offense Syracuse struggles vs any offense test's them vertically. I think clemson goes over40 today

4.) Kentucky (+14.5) vs Mississippi State.

Kentucky has played Mississippi State tough the last 2 years (lost by 6 last year). The way to beat Mississippi State is to throw the ball. Kentucky can throw the football but I think they are going to have to stay balanced to have a chance to win the game. I think the bye week actually hurts Miss. State since they were playing well at the time

5.)LSU (ML) vs Ole Miss

A grind it out, ugly, dirty game... sounds like the LSU game plan, but that's what Ole Miss has been doing. LSU's weakness is their run defense;however, that's not Ole Miss' strength. I think LSU will be able to run the ball on Ole miss. THis is the first time since Boise State that we see the bad Bo Wallace. LSU wins outright in the 4th QTR.

tecmoaddict
Florida
Florida
TSB W-L-T: 3 Titles!

Re: 2014 Week 9 Best bets

Postby tecmoaddict » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:38 pm

keirre21 wrote:I'll be honest there aren't a ton of games I realy like this week. Most of the lines are solid to me.

1.) Lock. Texas (+9.5) at Kansas State

I was looking at this game before K-state won at Oklahoma last week. Despite Texas' poor defensive performance last week, I think they play more physical than K-state today and make a game of it.

2.) Wisconsin (-10) vs Maryland

Maryland can't stop the run and that's huge problem going against Wisconsin. Unlike last week vs Iowa, their offense won't be able to match scores, as Wisconsin is solid in the secondary. I think the Badgers smoke ther terps and win by 3 TDs

3.) Clemson (over 31.5 pts) vs Syracuse

Cole Stoudt is more of a game manager than an engineer of Chad Morris' high octane offense Syracuse struggles vs any offense test's them vertically. I think clemson goes over40 today

4.) Kentucky (+14.5) vs Mississippi State.

Kentucky has played Mississippi State tough the last 2 years (lost by 6 last year). The way to beat Mississippi State is to throw the ball. Kentucky can throw the football but I think they are going to have to stay balanced to have a chance to win the game. I think the bye week actually hurts Miss. State since they were playing well at the time

5.)LSU (ML) vs Ole Miss

A grind it out, ugly, dirty game... sounds like the LSU game plan, but that's what Ole Miss has been doing. LSU's weakness is their run defense;however, that's not Ole Miss' strength. I think LSU will be able to run the ball on Ole miss. THis is the first time since Boise State that we see the bad Bo Wallace. LSU wins outright in the 4th QTR.

I like the LSU pick since they are playing a night home game. I think you rebound nicely this week
TECMOCOWBOYSNTA Season 1 Champion (13-2)
TECMOCOWBOYSNTA Season 2 Champion (12-4)
TECMOCOWBOYSTTL Season 1 Champion (7-5)

BRONCOS ATA Season 24 Runner-Up (15-4)

keirre21
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Re: 2014 Week 9 Best bets

Postby keirre21 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:14 pm

Funny thing, is that I didn't even bet my "Lock". I thought I did but I guess I actually took Arkansas 1st Half- -16.5

good thing it was a winner.

Return to “TSBGod's Sports Page”