CFB Week 13 Best Bets

Sports discussion, sports trash talk, and sports polls.

Moderator: TSBGOD

keirre21
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

CFB Week 13 Best Bets

Postby keirre21 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:58 pm

We've finally seen some end of the year upsets and now is the time where injury reports, weather, rivalries, and motivation matters.

1.) Northwestern (pk) vs Purdue

I really like the direct that the purdue program is headed at theend of the year. They are showing signs of life on offense and have been more competitive under second yr coach Darrell Hazell. However, I think Pat Fitgerald realizes how important the extra practices for bowl games is for Northwestern and they don't have a letdown after beating ND in south bend.

2.) Boston College at FSU under 57.5

I expect B.C. to play a spirited game was FSU. I like Coach Addazio's aggressive nature and this will be the first game that FSU gets attacked for all 4 QTRS. I won't bet against Jamies in the second half of any game but this is a game where the score might be 30-17.

3.) Marshall (-18) at UAB

The CFB playff committee is losing their mind if they don't feel marshall is a top 25 team. They have played no one this season. Still, no power 5 school accepted an invitation to play this team prior to the year because they all knew how good this squad would be. Marshall is a top 15 team and should embarrass UAB by more than 24 pts

4.) La Tech (-13) at ODU

I'm still trying to figure out why this line is under 3 TDs. ODU has an nice Quirky offense that throws it all over. But Skip Holtz has this LA Tech team clicking on all cylinders winning 5 in a row. With 2 of their 3 losses to Oklahoma and Auburn (and an inexplicable loss to NW ST), La Tech has had a pretty nice season so far. If la Tech wins they clinch a spot vs Marshall in the CUSA championship game. I expect a huge rout in this game.

5.) Ole Miss (-3) at Arkansas

After thier devastating loss to Auburn most people wrote off Ole miss. However, with wins over Arkansas and Miss State and an Auburn win over Bama, Ole Miss will win the SEC west (via tie breaker) and still have an outside shot at making the playoffs. I applaud Arkansas for coming up with thier 1st sec win in the L/2 years but I think this is a bad matchup for them. The Rebels might have been worn down by both LSU and Auburn but those game came a t the tail end of a monster run in the SEC. With a week off they smother the hogs in this game and set up a huge game with Miss State to end the season.

Return to “TSBGod's Sports Page”