lightninglarry
Starter
Starter
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Miami goes to South Bend

Postby lightninglarry » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:12 pm

gg
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

lightninglarry
Starter
Starter

Postby lightninglarry » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:21 pm

nah seriously onto the game.

Miami receives the kickoff and a few plays later run it on Jr Gehrigs legs. Faced with 4th down in the 2nd qtr deep in Notre Dame territory, the U decides to go for it...= no dice. Notre dame has a chance to knot it up before half but the last ditch effort is picked in the back of the endzone by Tommie Metzger slow but great hands. Canes up 7-0 at the end of 1 half.

2nd half Miami gets a huge sack a loss of 21 on the scramblin qb from ND. 2nd and 31 so i feel im in good shape, and no bs plays he got the first and drove to score. Ties it up at 7. Onside attempt, then a few plays later i get into the endzone again to go up 14-7. Fast forward to the 4th quarter

Knowing these two teams hate each others guts, not really fun in going for a gimme fg at the 4 up 7 with 2 minutes left. I really thought about my decision for 2 minutes, i kick the fg games pretty much over. I dont kick, and fail and his qb who has JJ ability could come back and tie it up, then the home crowd pressures me in the OT period.

Decisions, decisions.... i go for it, run around with Benton and eventually toss it up to the RB, stopped at the 2. Woo hoo....so here we go, capttecmos got like 2 and change on the clock and about 95 yards to go for the tieing score. Looking nervous he hits a perfect strike passed my lunging db to get to around midfield. In fieldgoal range at about the 30, he cant settle for a fg so he tries to scramble with the QB, finally he coughs it up. I go onto the run out the clock and score on the final play of the game to add insult to injury and get out of south bend with the golden football trophy from this rivalry game.
Miami wins 21-7

gg capttecmo and gl rest of the way
Game ball goes to the Defense, forcing 2 picks recording 4 sacks and a fumble to seal the ball game.
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

CaptTecmo
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby CaptTecmo » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:34 pm

You got it right Larry. Defense was the name in this game. My Lb Taylor snags yet another Int but he fumbles it out of bounds so once again no credit.
He would have 5 this season if not for 2 fumbles afterward I believe.

Mia didnt allow a 1st half completion and his rb getting 3 rushing tds tells it all.
A loss is a loss but this was a close game and I feel pretty good. Chaos said 1 season away. I agree.
But its still going to be the best rivalry in Tcs regardless of our records when we play.

Return to “TCS Week 8”