LSU 42 CAL 7

bighock4you18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

LSU 42 CAL 7

Postby bighock4you18 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:45 am

It was one sided...orbison threw for 299 yards and 6 tds....I win and finish in first in the polls convincingly but with the flawed national championship system will play in a shitbox in some shitboxbowl....gg homer
LSU is the best, FUSC

Your clearcut #1 TCS team...gg

dooolos
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby dooolos » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:06 pm

As an avid Michigan fan, I've spent the last 2 weeks listening to the SEC and its fans go on and on saying this: you are a 2nd place team.

And as frustrating as it is to hear, it is true. I actually think the TCS has this whole thing closer to being the way it should be by putting in writing the rule: you have to win your conference to be in the national championship game. The BCS says that that is not a requirement, but I think everyone now knows that it is an "unwritten rule" when Michigan got leapfrogged by Florida.

mhlandrydotnet
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby mhlandrydotnet » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:41 pm

Here we have a two loss team getting in over 3 one loss teams. Not to mention the sketchy circumstances surrounding a certain team's tie. Had that not taken place, there would be no doubt as to who the second team in the NC would be.

Nos
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Nos » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:34 pm

Touche'
Live: Swamp Bowl 1 (2nd Place), Cajun Classic 1 (Champion)

Online Championships (12): ATA 8,9,12; HSRL '74; SEXAY 4, STL 2,7; TCS 1,4; XFL 4,8,10

Online Runner Ups (13): ATA 3, CTL 1, HSTL 7,13,29; SOTL 1, STL 9, TCS 5,8; XFL 6,7,11,12

dooolos
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby dooolos » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:50 pm

mhlandrydotnet wrote:Here we have a two loss team getting in over 3 one loss teams. Not to mention the sketchy circumstances surrounding a certain team's tie. Had that not taken place, there would be no doubt as to who the second team in the NC would be.

But, just as in college football, LSU and BUF are both "2nd place teams," meaning 2nd place in their conference. That is the reason Michigan is not playing OSU in the BCS title game. I understand the thinking (though disagree with it), that if you cannot even win your own conference, do you really deserve a chance to win the national title? What does that do to the value of being a conference champion? This is all part of the beauty of college football and what makes it different from the NFL.

So BUF and LSU are disqualified, leaving TEX vs. HC. What are the sketchy circumstances of the tie game that you are referring to?

Nos
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Nos » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:57 pm

He isn't arguing that LSU should be in. He is arguing how my team only has 1 loss, won my conference, and got shafted because a game earlier in the year (my tie) against Nebraska, his connection soared to 56 ping for the entire second half, making it unplayable. However, while in the heat of the game I guess, we finished it out. Neither team could score in the 4th quarter or OT it was so terrible. We both agreed a replay would be best, as did Canes, but I told Chaos a replay would probably get everyone pissed at me if I won because I knew it would effect the National Title, as it obviously will here. If I win that game, I jump ahead of Holy Cross and play against you in the title game. The team I would have pissed off by replaying would have been Chaos. What a coincidence!!!!!! However, I get screwed as does Nebraska in getting a fair and playable game.

Online Championships (12): ATA 8,9,12; HSRL '74; SEXAY 4, STL 2,7; TCS 1,4; XFL 4,8,10

Online Runner Ups (13): ATA 3, CTL 1, HSTL 7,13,29; SOTL 1, STL 9, TCS 5,8; XFL 6,7,11,12

lightninglarry
Starter
Starter

Postby lightninglarry » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:46 am

interesting dilemma

poll time?
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

Nos
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Nos » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:01 am

I'd absolutely love to see a poll.

jshaw5442
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 20-43-0

Postby jshaw5442 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:05 pm

Nos wrote:I'd absolutely love to see a poll.

i tried that idea, shot down.

we can have one that doesn't matter lol

bighock4you18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby bighock4you18 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:17 am

dooolos wrote:As an avid Michigan fan, I've spent the last 2 weeks listening to the SEC and its fans go on and on saying this: you are a 2nd place team.

And as frustrating as it is to hear, it is true. I actually think the TCS has this whole thing closer to being the way it should be by putting in writing the rule: you have to win your conference to be in the national championship game. The BCS says that that is not a requirement, but I think everyone now knows that it is an "unwritten rule" when Michigan got leapfrogged by Florida.

wrong, michigan is not in the national title cause people don't want to see a rematch and they already took their shot at OSU....I know you will have a different side to that argument but it doesnt matter about winning your conference..... example: Oklahoma lost to Kansas State in the title game of the big 12 in 03, and remained #1 in the polls and went to BCS title game against LSU.....conference has nothing to do with it as long as you played in a major conference and well
LSU is the best, FUSC

dooolos
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby dooolos » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:14 pm

bighock4you18 wrote:wrong, michigan is not in the national title cause people don't want to see a rematch....

bighock4you18 wrote:it doesnt matter about winning your conference....

Nope, that's incomplete. Some Harris poll voters and coaches poll voters said that not wanting a rematch was a factor in why they voted Florida ahead of Michigan. Others said that Florida being the SEC champion made them more worthy than the 2nd place Big Ten team. So you cant just say "wrong" and give a single blanket reason without taking into account that other reasons/factors may (and did) exist.

Here's a quote from Les Miles, coach of LSU, who has a vote in the coaches poll:

"I felt like the winner of the SEC conference with one loss should have the opportunity to play in the national championship game," Miles said. http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug ... &type=lgns

Being that the coach of Louisiana State University votes on the coaches poll, he - in effect - IS THE SYSTEM. Does that make him "wrong" too, since he factored in 'winning a conference' as part of his vote?

Some more quotes from actual voters in this article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061205/ap_ ... hy_florida

"At the end of the day, Florida won its conference championship. Michigan did not," said Harris poll voter Ray Melick of The Birmingham News. "I think a conference champion ought to carry more weight than a conference runner-up at the BCS conference level."

AP poll voter Michael Vega of The Boston Globe said he wasn't against a rematch but found it hard to justify one this time.

"I had to reconcile a fundamental problem with giving Michigan a chance to win the national championship when it didn't even win a conference championship," he said.
===========================================

National championship rematches have occurred before. And 2nd place conference teams have played in the championship game before. But the bottom line is, one of the criteria for a TCS champion is that team must win its conference. You cannot say it is not a criteria involved in the NCAA, given the quotes above - even if it is not a "written" rule. Nor can you say winning your conference "doesnt matter" in the NCAA.

bighock4you18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby bighock4you18 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:37 am

Just because a few writers and coaches have said they think the SEC is a stronger conference to go through especially with one loss, doesn't have anything to do with them feeling you need to win your conference to go to a national title. Florida was voted there for many reasons, hardest schedule in the country, no rematch for a national title, played more recently than a michigan team who finished their season with a loss and never played the last two weeks of the season, and also because people believe the SEC is the toughest conference in America and to go through that with one loss is almost impossible to accomplish, and they beat 4 top 25 teams versus michigans 2.....They are an all around better looking opponent for ohio state, a game people haven't seen rather than one they watched a little more than a month before.....Conference title has something to do with it, but is not a deciding factor in why a team is voted to a championship.....like i said as OU lost there conference championship game in 03 in an ugly performance and remained where they were in the polls in 1st and played in the title game anyway.... its just opinions and conjecture as to who plays for the title and for why, it has nothing to do with winning or losing your conference as long as your team has a proven great record and competitive against the best opponents...
LSU is the best, FUSC

averageTSBPlayer
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: under 0.500

Postby averageTSBPlayer » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:26 pm

bighock4you18 wrote: doesn't have anything to do with them feeling you need to win your conference to go to a national title.

dooolos wrote:"I had to reconcile a fundamental problem with giving Michigan a chance to win the national championship when it didn't even win a conference championship," he said.
Madison Tecmo Tournament
2011 Ohio Tournament: 2-3 (triple elim)
2011 Madison Tournament: Round of 32 appearance
2010 Chicago Tournament: Final 4 appearance
2010 Ohio Tournament: Sweet 16 appearance
2010 Madison Tournament: Elite 8 appearance
2009 Ohio Tournament: Elite 8 appearance
2009 Madison Tournament: Round of 32 appearance
2008 Madison Tournament: Round of 32 appearance
Only 1/2 garbage since 2008

bighock4you18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby bighock4you18 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:50 am

maybe i am not being clear enough when I listed all the reasons people had to put florida in the title.....its a multitude of things....conference title is not what people look at to send someone to a championship....there are a boatload of things outside of conference agenda
LSU is the best, FUSC

bighock4you18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby bighock4you18 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:52 am

I am for having winning your conference championship count for something....but i am against completely eliminating teams who do not....a middle ground must be found to determine the best team....
LSU is the best, FUSC

bighock4you18
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby bighock4you18 » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:57 am

here is my best idea....

6 team playoff

#1 and #2 conference winners get byes.....and then the #3 and # 4 conference winners play #1 and #2 at large teams with the conference winners getting home games.....the winners of these games play the #1 and #2 conference teams with the #1 team playing the lowest seed and #2 playing highest....winners of these games go to title...
LSU is the best, FUSC

Leonard Fournette
All-Star
All-Star

Re: LSU 42 CAL 7

Postby Leonard Fournette » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:47 am

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “TCS Week 10”