Dynasty Tecmo for the SNES lovers.
SNFL Website
Supports:Image
edrex333
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Changes to the rom for next season

Postby edrex333 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:54 pm

I'm all for making the rom more offensive. If the defense stays as strong as it is, I say give a global bump to:

a) the Kick Returner's ms
b) the QB's ms
c) the WR's ms
d) the RB's ms

Otherwise, I agree that the defense needs to be toned down. The leagues best rushers also happen to be the leagues best tappers, which isn't necessarily the case in other tsb leagues, and I think it's because the drones are so quick on here which has to do with the rom as well as the attributes.

GoBlue
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby GoBlue » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:51 pm

I tried gearing a rom to where it would most likely make the best owner come out on top most of the time. In doing so I tried toning down the offense to make it hard to get cheesy CC's and run with dominant MS RBs, but should have also toned down the D to make it harder to stop people. I definitely went in trying to make it a defensive rom but I agree that the offenses aren't good enough. I think the offense needs more speed, and the D will be left where it's at with the exception of LB RP. Overall I think I achieved most of what I want but failed to meet those expectations in a few areas. Ratings to Player Talent wise I think this is probably the best rom I've made (assigning the right ratings to each player). Gameplay wise it needs some work.

I'll look into everyone's considerations and form a rom committee (probably Me, Ed, Mike, Turd and Soby + whoever else wants to help with legwork) before next year and we'll review this thread to create a rom more to the likings of what the owners want.
NTL Steelers

jeid
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby jeid » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:16 pm

My biggest complaint is the LB speed. You can't even get out of the pocket with slow QBs if people have a fast LB4 and blitz you. This wouldn't be a problem if Favre didn't horrendously suck for some reason and miss wide open WRs all the time or throw short and get picked.

I think giving a global bump to QB & RB MS is a bad idea, it's fine the way it is.

I think the INT rate is fine - if you throw into coverage against good DBs with a crappy QB, you should get picked off.

Also, I'd help with the rom committee if needed.

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:35 pm

I agree, everything else is fine the way it is, only problem I see is LB speed(RP) IMO. The rom actually plays and feels tight.

BadMoonRison
All-Star
All-Star

Postby BadMoonRison » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:05 pm

As I mentioned, LDT being 63 MS was a bit conservative. Tecmo is about studs and duds.
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2007: First Place
Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2009: Fifth Place
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2011: Second Place
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2012: Second Place
STL Season 6 Champion, Now and Forever
TCS Season 2 National Champion (Undefeated)
TCS Season 6 National Champion
TCS Season 7 National Champion
ATA Season 11 Champion
CIA Season 1 Champion
CIA Season 2 Champion
ATA Coach of the Year, Seasons 7 and 11
TPC First Ever Tournament Winner

bgboud2
Starter
Starter

Postby bgboud2 » Sat May 17, 2008 12:33 am

Are the LB's that much faster on this ROM? The fastest are at 63, Urlacher, Lewis, and Merriman. The original had several....Derrick Thomas (69), Junior Seau, Cornelius Bennet, Sam Mills, Charles Haley, Seth Joyner off the top of my head.
Maybe the difference is that everybody puts their best at LB3.

Return to “Super Nintendo Football League-Season II”