All of this didn't really fit the feature request thread ...

Dynasty Tecmo for the SNES lovers.
SNFL Website
Supports:Image
Kimrari
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

All of this didn't really fit the feature request thread ...

Postby Kimrari » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:21 am

... soo, here goes:

1.) Add an "autonumber" field to standings and other similiar pages.
2.) Expand to 16 teams
3.) Increase salary cap to 50 mil (nice round number, which will be needed with more owners)
4.) Set 4 divisions of 4 teams each
5.) Because Turd will be in a separate division away from the likes of Lefty, Opus and Endzone, he can compete and make the playoffs and stay to run the league.

AFC East
Image Kimrari
Image Jman
Image Ed
Image Chaos

AFC West
Image Opus
Image Lefty
Image Yimme
Image New guy

NFC East
Image Turd
Image Matt
Image Ahake
Image TDO

NFC West
Image Endzone
Image Sconnie
Image New Guy
Image New Guy

Regular Season: We can continue with 11 games:
1.) Play everyone in conference once (7 games) and 4 non conference games.
2.) Play everyone in division twice (6 games) and mix in 5 games based on prior years seeding/ranking (e.g., TDO, Turd, Matt etc. would never play Endzone, Opus, Lefty, etc.)

Playoffs: Several options available:
1.)
A: 6 of 16 teams make playoffs
B: 4 division winners, 2 wildcards (1 from each conference)
C: Playoffs operate as they do this season

2.)
A: 8 of 16 teams make the playoffs
B: 4 division winners, 4 wildcards (2 from each conference)
C: I don't feel like writing out the byes, and which seed plays which right now, but you get the idea.

What do you guys think?

Don't we all want Turd to stay? Between job, wife, kids, parents/family, and school EVERYONE needs a hobby that allows you to unwind after a long day and have some fun. Lets make it a lil easier on folks so that running the league isn't a burdensome weight or heavy yolk.

I hope we can convince ya to stick around Turd. You're doing a heck of a job here and SNES Tecmo, nay, ONLINE TECMO needs you.

Endzone2Endzone
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Re: All of this didn't really fit the feature request thread ...

Postby Endzone2Endzone » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:53 am

First of all let me say of course I want Turd to stay. His website and league design/presentation is 2nd to none.

But everything is just right here, why change?

12 owners is perfect-- Expanding is always a mistake, SNES has a smaller fan bast than NES tecmo and the chance for fall out is higher. Just get solid owners in like Sconnie and were fine. Some peeps said they were gonna drop after this season anyway and you want to expand? Not a good idea being this is the only SNES league I know of online.

Not only that you play everyone once in the regular season that's tight. Everyone gets a piece of each other. I love that. Being home or away is the only gripe if peeps wanna get that petty.

I mean come on the learning curve is looser for SNES tecmo-- meaning its easier to compete in SNES than NES--due to the faster drone D. I mean its already a more level playing field.

If anything has to change then do the damn grapple hack. I prefer the pure game but whatever makes the masses happy. SNES tecmo needs to survive. It is the best brand out there.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Kimrari
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Kimrari » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:35 pm

No offense man, but of course you feel that way. Everything is always hunky-dory when you're the league champion and about to repeat to boot. Ever think that maybe, just maybe people don't like playing You, Lefty and Opus every season?

The NFL has "strength of schedule" for a reason and we need to implement something like that here to keep folks optimistic season to season & competitive. Or else:

EVERY FREAKIN SEASON THE SAME 6 PEOPLE WILL BE AT THE TOP, THE SAME 6 PEOPLE WILL BE AT THE BOTTOM AND WHAT IS THE FREAKIN' POINT THEN?

It's like you haven't heard a thing Turd has been saying since the middle of May:

TecmoTurd wrote:Hey guys, I've decided not to bring back the SNFL for a third season. I'm not seeing tons of effort this season, and frankly, I don't have the inspiration to do it like I had season 1.

This is in part due to my inability to really compete...I feel I'm gonna finish every season around .500, and that's not enough to inspire me to play. Furthermore, several people have privately told me they probably won't be back for another season, but will finish out this one.
Source

He's not alone dude.

In closing, I leave you with the following:

Albert Einstein wrote:Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Endzone2Endzone
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby Endzone2Endzone » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:19 pm

The whole point of playing is competition and to strive to be the best.

Things like the shitty draft were put in place to help the under performing teams.
Do you not wanna earn anything? Lets just rotate the title around so everone feels nice warm and fuzzy... truly an etupian tecmo society.

Relax, my last post was just my opinion and you Einsteined me, low blow man.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

TecmoTurd
All-Star
All-Star

Postby TecmoTurd » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:47 pm

Actually, E2E, Kimrari is spot on. You're right, you strive to be the best, I completely get that. The problem is, I'm not the best, never claimed to be, I just love the game. I don't mind losing, I really don't, if I can get a few wins, that's fine, but I don't like winning on slop and that's all I could do these last 2 season. And, I don't like seeing the same teams dominate, so if we kept things the same, then Kim's right. That's just not fun for me. Of course, it is fun for you, but just not for me.

Kim, I applaud your efforts on this, your ideas are really good (save for the expanding part). There's more to it than not being able to compete. I do get satisfaction out of running a kickass league, it's just that I also got burned out on having to get my games scheduled, and the games felt like a chore more than a hobby. That means time to throw in the towel. Will this league ever come back? Not gonna say never, but right now, I'm not ready to keep it alive. I'm gonna get more sleep at night, spend more time with my wife at night, and prepare myself for what shall happen next January. That's my primary focus...thanks for trying, and I'll admit you had me thinking, but I have to let willpower prevail...

Kimrari
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Kimrari » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:23 pm

ImageImageImage

Return to “Super Nintendo Football League-Season II”