SNFL Website
Supports:Image
edrex333
All-Star
All-Star

Well maybe Kimrari was right

Postby edrex333 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Let's talk about next season.

What I am planning to do: I'd like to do original rom with a NTL style FA bidding system where you bid on players with a given fixed amount of cap space. The better the player, the higher the minimum bid value will be associated with them. Doing it this way typically means teams don't end up too stacked. We'd also redraft every season (same as NTL). Also I'd like to implement a new feature where you load a battery file which has contained on it real injuries and conditions. If one of your players goes out in a game, they will remain hurt until they possibly come back before a new game (your next game), just like playing a season on the rom. Same with conditions, if they leave a game in excellent, they will come into your next game in excellent. I'm not exactly sure if we will all have to play the games in order, but I'm currenlty leaning against that (although that would be cool but probably will end up being a pain). Instead you could choose any game you want that is available to play on your schedule and your current injuries and conditions would be applied for that game. Sure there could be some strategy to this but whatever, not a big deal to me. Roms will be generated on the fly meaning they will be built dynamically right before you intend to play. Because of this you will be given the option to secretly set your roster any way you choose, without your opponent knowing.

I think this alone could make for an interesting season. I'd like to have your feedback as long as it's contained (uncontained is ok as long as you are for it!).

TDO
TSB W-L-T: 405-1216-8

Re: Well maybe Kimrari was right

Postby TDO » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:17 pm

doesn't interest me personally but it would be nice to see an snes actually survive long enough to show its better than the nes version.
Antiquity League- Federal League Champions 1982, 1985

Kimrari
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby Kimrari » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:38 pm

I really like the ability to set your roster without your opponent being aware. I'm sure Endzone has a hardon right now as well.

A bit concerned about the battery feature but I do dig the concept and feel that the "on the fly" rom creation could help alleviate what I think may be logistical issues.

I'm definitely excited because the original rom with a salary cap gives every team a chance to compete without teams being stacked.

For the record, no matter which way you lead, I'm on board chief.

Endzone2Endzone
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby Endzone2Endzone » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:32 pm

There's enuff inovation and coolness in what you posted to keep peeps excited even in the middle of a summer lull and if the NFL got outsourced to China.

I like just about everything you mentioned Ed. I'd like to see a cap on injuries (maybe 3 games max), it would be pretty harsh to lose a guy for a whole season. It may be fashionable to play backups like QB2 in hopes of him getting hurt to guarentee QB1 doesn't go down to injury. I can already see the whining and turnover if some peep's stud goes down and doesn't come back though.

Other than that, I think the owner count should be around 12 and the games played in the regular season should be around 11-12 to keep things going smoothly.

I still like current roms with capped stats, as opposed to the original, just because of so many uber studs (44ms 81pc, 69ms, 56rs etc). But whatever it may be kinda fun.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Return to “Super Nintendo Football League-Season II”