Updated TSB1Editor

edrex333
All-Star
All-Star

Updated TSB1Editor

Postby edrex333 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:07 am

I finally got off my can this weekend and got something league related done. I updated the tsb1 editor to handle the newly found race cut scene data so now Cleo Lemon won't be a white dude.

http://www.tecmohaven.com/TSB1Editor.zip

To use this:

1) Make sure you have the Java Runtime Environment 6 installed on your comp - http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp.

2) Unzip this folder to a desirable location.

3) Use the excel sheet included to understand what format it needs to be in. It's pretty intuitive, and everything is sequential if you understand how a SNES rom is laid out. The RACE column is labeled with an "L" for light skin or "D" for dark. RETURN is for the return team: 0 is for the first spot, 1 for the second and 2 for the third - you must have all three listed. The START column is for the KR and PR starters. Putting a K in this column for a returner makes them the KR starter, a P for PR starter, and B for both. Just follow the sheet exactly how it is laid out and you will have no problems with it.

4) Just double-click the file labeled TSBEditor.jar and a form will pop up displaying three file choosers. The first file chooser is for the excel sheet you will use to load data from. The second one is for using an existing rom to copy from. The cool thing here is you can use an existing rom that may have hacks or edited graphics. The third is a path to where you want the rom to be saved. Make sure you type in .smc after the name of the file. You can just overwrite an existing rom with this also.

5) Click the create a rom button. If all goes well you should get a pop-up window saying that the rom you requested has been created. If not, something is screwed.

I made this for my own personal use so don't yell at me if it don't work, but I would appreciate it if you got a hold of me if you have any ideas on how it can be improved. I know there are a few minor things that need tweaking and the error-checking needs a little upgrade, but other than that it works pretty well.
Last edited by edrex333 on Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

GoBlue
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby GoBlue » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:56 pm

This is an amazing tool, saved me loads of time in making the SNFL rom.

Good job Ed. You might want to post the link to that framework I had to download to open the jar files as java as well.

I'm actually working on a more advanced spreadsheet system to use in conjunction with this, I'll show you what I have so far on AIM sometime.
NTL Steelers

Knobbe
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: undefeated

Re: Updated TSB1Editor

Postby Knobbe » Wed May 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Anyone still have this?

Return to “Anything N Everything”