The game you love, now online
League Website

Moderator: BSTARS

TDO
TSB W-L-T: 405-1216-8

Press Conference (Info about League)

Postby TDO » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:45 pm

What's different about this time?

The website for one. It will mimic online tecmo leagues' websites. You will upload your save state after each game and upload to the site for automatic updating. The site will feature a plethora of stats and information to make even Sabermetric fans head spin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uploading States? How do we do this?

It's just like a tecmo site, the only difference is after the game you need to save as the rotating game stats screen instead of your tecmo blue stats screen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How long is the season?

Seasons will be 28 games long. You will have a series (2 games) to play every 7 days, unplayed games are simmed 14 days after the series is released. There will be an All-Star game and Home Run Derby Competition at the halfway point of the season. Followed by the 2nd half of the season and the playoffs.

Playoffs? How does that work?

Playoffs will feature all the teams from the regular season in a gauntlet style elimination. The two worse teams face off and the winner moves on up until we get to the Regular Season Champion. The Regular Season Champion only has to win 1 series to be the World Champion for the season. The worse you finish, the more you have to win.
All series in the playoffs will be a 1 game series, except for the final one vs the Regular Season Champion. Best season during the regular season determines who's home for each 1 game series. The final series, aka Championship Series, will be a best of 3. The Regular Season Champion will be the home team for Games 1 and 3 (if needed).

What about Players?

We will be going with Original Rom players this season. When you sign up you include which team logo you wish to represent. This determines which players are available to draft.

The Draft?

There will be a timed draft, 2 rounds a day made up of the pool of available players. Original Rom starters must play their original position or sit on the bench. Bench players may start.

Thank you for attending the press conference. If there are any changes or new information it will be provided here.
Antiquity League- Federal League Champions 1982, 1985

segathonsov
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Re: Press Conference (Info about League)

Postby segathonsov » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:29 pm

That's cool you are doing original rom players. Do you think any player will be taken before all the American Dream players are drafted?

TDO

Postby TDO » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:39 pm

you never know, there are some really good players on other teams, but the dreams are of course the studs.

bradbears81
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby bradbears81 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Any idea as to when the draft will be? That way I can get my research in by then....

TDO

Postby TDO » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:48 pm

we are going to start a rolling draft this weekend. mid next week we'll have the timed portion. with only 8 of us, and only 2 rounds a day there will be a decent window for each timed pick. After work today/this weekend I'll be revving up the site and providing a lot more info. With April 15th coming work's been :roll: April 16th I'll be :kitty:

clarkham
All-Star
All-Star

Postby clarkham » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:42 am

Can you clarify this please?

"Once the draft is over, you may insert bench guys into any "starting" slot you wish. All starting players must play their original position or sit the first 5 innings of the game on the bench."

So basically, until the 6th inning, you can only pinch hit for the pitcher?
TTL XX LIONS & FALCONS

TTL commissioner
Five-Time Online Champion (XFL I, XFL XII, CTL XIX, TTL XIV, TTL XVII)
AIM: clarkhamilton1

TDO

Postby TDO » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:25 pm

after the draft everyone will have a starting fielder and a bench made up of bench players. After that if you want one of your bench guys to play lf that is fine but your starting lf has to sit on the bench and can't be moved to another position. until after the 5th. Why after the 5th unless its pinch hitting for a pitcher? I dont want any guys trying to cheez the game and after the first pitch putting all super stud bench guys in to replace their starters. Play the game like it's meant to be played basically.

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

Postby TSBGOD » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:18 pm

TDO wrote:after the draft everyone will have a starting fielder and a bench made up of bench players. After that if you want one of your bench guys to play lf that is fine but your starting lf has to sit on the bench and can't be moved to another position. until after the 5th. Why after the 5th unless its pinch hitting for a pitcher? I dont want any guys trying to cheez the game and after the first pitch putting all super stud bench guys in to replace their starters. Play the game like it's meant to be played basically.

I think this makes no sense Gary, If someone wants to put a player right in off the bench they are using up their pinch hitters and is not really that much of an advantage, nobody gets an upper hand doing this. Just my opinion.

FreddyBarnettFTW
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby FreddyBarnettFTW » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:08 pm

he's saying starting the bench player, not subbing him in
NTA SEASON 4 CHAMPION EAGLES

clarkham
All-Star
All-Star

Postby clarkham » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:52 pm

I agree that this makes no sense. Nobody is going to have a super stud bench with a draft. And even if they did, why would putting them in prior to inning one be okay while doing so in one thru five forbidden? Making a sub after the first pitch actually comes with a penalty. You burn a player. You're allowing the one that is a bigger advantage over the one that is not.

Plus, if somehow somebody did manage to draft a stud bench, why should they be penalized for that and told when they can use those guys?
TTL XX LIONS & FALCONS

TTL commissioner

TDO

Postby TDO » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:33 pm

rule revised after discussions with a few players. Simply put Og rom bench players can start, but og rom starters must play their og rom positions.

clarkham
All-Star
All-Star

Postby clarkham » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:52 pm

So og starters who are actually on your bench can only pinch hit for the player at their position or for the pitcher, right? Or after the 5th, they can go in anywhere?
TTL XX LIONS & FALCONS

TTL commissioner

TDO

Postby TDO » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:04 am

starters who start on your bench can only pinch hit for the player at their position or for the pitcher until Or the 5th, at which timethey can go in anywhere

rmm1976
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby rmm1976 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:03 pm

TDO wrote:rule revised after discussions with a few players. Simply put Og rom bench players can start, but og rom starters must play their og rom positions.

So we can draft BENCH players and start them at any position right? If so it sounds like you made the right call. Would have been too confusing for the draft if we couldn't start bench players.

TDO

Postby TDO » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:21 pm

yes, you are absolutley right. You can draft bench players and start them.

clarkham
All-Star
All-Star

Postby clarkham » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:22 pm

You cannot though draft two LFs and start one in RF, correct? Only og rom bench players can play anywhere, prior to the 5th or 6th inning.

Which brings me to my next (and last) question. I think you've said both "in the 5th" and "after the 5th". When could said LF come in and play RF, in the 5th or 6th?
TTL XX LIONS & FALCONS

TTL commissioner

TDO

Postby TDO » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:41 pm

chekreyes wrote:You cannot though draft two LFs and start one in RF, correct? Only og rom bench players can play anywhere, prior to the 5th or 6th inning.

Which brings me to my next (and last) question. I think you've said both "in the 5th" and "after the 5th". When could said LF come in and play RF, in the 5th or 6th?

right you cant draft two at the same spot IE 2 LF 2 C 2 1b etc.

I have said both, let's say no sooner than the 5th. So a bench guy can come in during the 5th but not before.

kamphuna8
All-Star
All-Star

Postby kamphuna8 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:45 pm

TDO wrote:yes, you are absolutley right. You can draft bench players and start them.

Oh shit, I didn't realize this.
cool as high water

Tsbgod 10:33 pm
why be malicious
make sno sense on a tecmo board

Kamphuna8 10:33 pm
well to some it obviously does
all a bunch of geese and ganders in the tecmo world

clarkham
All-Star
All-Star

Postby clarkham » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:52 pm

What's wrong? It still looks like you made the right pick at that spot, or would you have gone with Eddy because of his defense?
TTL XX LIONS & FALCONS

TTL commissioner

Return to “Baseball Stars”