Rule Book (Game Play Rules)

The game you love, now online
League Website

Moderator: BSTARS

TDO
TSB W-L-T: 405-1216-8

Rule Book (Game Play Rules)

Postby TDO » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:27 pm

#1 Please use good sportsmanship. Being an asshole will not be tolerated. If you quit in the middle of a game you will be booted from the league.

#2 Infield fly rule is in affect. You must always make an attempt to catch the ball. If you drop it on accident, you may only force out the lead runner.

#3 You have 2 starters, 2 relievers, and 1 closer on your roster. Game 1 must be started by one of your starters, and game 2 must be started by your other. You can use both your relievers and your closer any time you want. You canNOT use your other starter in a game he does not start.

#4 When pitching please wait for the batter to swing to let the pitcher know he is ready.

#5 When there are runners on 1st and 3rd the runner on 1st may steal 2nd, but the runner on 3rd may not advance to home. This will eliminate any of the cheap tricks to score a run.

#6 To eliminate anyone from attempting to steal every single pitch and then just returning to the bag if the ball isn't hit. You are allowed once per inning to return to the original base. After that if you attempt to steal, you must continue with the steal and face the consequences. Also the pitcher may only attempt one pick off per runner.

#7 Please record your games

#8 You MUST save the state at the box score screen OR the screen immediately after that shows the player stats. Anywhere else and the stats won't upload.
Antiquity League- Federal League Champions 1982, 1985

FreddyBarnettFTW
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Re: Rule Book (Game Play Rules)

Postby FreddyBarnettFTW » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:19 pm

We don't need to record games since there is stat extractor right?
NTA SEASON 4 CHAMPION EAGLES

TDO

Postby TDO » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:30 pm

I may want to do highlight reels like Larry does for Dusty :) They aren't required, but would be nice.

lightninglarry
Starter
Starter
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby lightninglarry » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:18 pm

i think rule #3 needs to be looked at. Hypothetically speaking, if i can forsee the game is going into extras i could just use my relievers on purpose and know ill be ok becuase i have a stud to go in extras.

just food for thought.
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

TDO

Postby TDO » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:40 pm

rule 3 adjusted back to what we did last year.

lightninglarry
Starter
Starter

Postby lightninglarry » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:53 am

not to keep causing issues
but i just want to make sure ....some relievers 3.4.5 on the rosters have a lot more stamina than starters...just a fyi.
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

clarkham
All-Star
All-Star

Postby clarkham » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:45 pm

Yeah. Starting pitchers don't go deep enough for us each to have two aces. How about the rule just be that you have to start your number one (everybody should have at least that) in game one, and then can NOT use him/her in game two? You can piece together the second game however you want, outside of keeping your ace on the bench.

edit: Or maybe we can still designate a starter fro game two, who is not allowed to enter game one, but is allowed to be a reliever because of the higher stamina. There is only 11 SPs with double digit stamina and only 15 with higher than 6. Rmm has already taken two, so that means that two teams would be forced to start guys with 6 or less stamina, while probably having higher stamina guys in their bullpen. Just doesn't seem to make much sense.
Last edited by clarkham on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TTL XX LIONS & FALCONS

TTL commissioner
Five-Time Online Champion (XFL I, XFL XII, CTL XIX, TTL XIV, TTL XVII)
AIM: clarkhamilton1

TDO

Postby TDO » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:02 pm

everyone must draft 2 starters and 3 relievers. after the draft if you have a higher stamina pitcher in the pen than you do on your starters you can switch their roles. The starter 1 cant play in game 2 and starter 2 cant play in game 1 still stands. Draft accordingly.

clarkham
All-Star
All-Star

Postby clarkham » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Perfect. I was just editing. You read my mind.
TTL XX LIONS & FALCONS

TTL commissioner
Five-Time Online Champion (XFL I, XFL XII, CTL XIX, TTL XIV, TTL XVII)
AIM: clarkhamilton1

hankthetank
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: Bad

Postby hankthetank » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:20 pm

What are the policies on ties? The game can end in a tie after 18 innings at least in a exhibition game. Also just to let you know of a small glitch i only saw it once playing in over 300 games. If a runner crosses home before a grounder goes foul and no force outs can end the inning the game will act like the players stole home.
NTF 49ERS WTFC BEARS TRL TECMODOLPHINS BSTARS WORLDPOWERS

hankthetank
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: Bad

Postby hankthetank » Wed May 21, 2014 9:55 pm

What is the rule on substituting players? I believe i've heard that in the 5th you are allowed to substitute players any way you want meaning you can send a player who started at C and was drafted as a Catcher to 1B if you so choose. I would also imagine that you can sub a player drafted as a bench player in at any time or sub a position player in at any time to that position.
NTF 49ERS WTFC BEARS TRL TECMODOLPHINS BSTARS WORLDPOWERS

storksdaman
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby storksdaman » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:59 am

I highlighted a few items of note in the rules here. Nothing major, but take a look please...

#1 Please use good sportsmanship. Being an asshole will not be tolerated. If you quit in the middle of a game you will be booted from the league.

#2 Infield fly rule is in affect. You must always make an attempt to catch the ball. If you drop it on accident, you may only force out the lead runner (though the opposition does not HAVE to take an out at that point, so if the runners are safe then they are SAFE).

#3 You have 2 starters, 2 relievers, and 1 closer on your roster. Game 1 must be started by one of your starters, and game 2 must be started by your other. You can use both your relievers and your closer any time you want. You canNOT use your other starter in a game he does not start.

#4 Position players may be started and/or subbed at any position at ANY time of the contest.

#5 When pitching please wait for the batter to swing to let the pitcher know he is ready --- Use your best judgement here, don't be shady. Same thing goes when the opposition is trying to pause for a pinch hitter when his pitcher is at bat. Play nice fellas.

#6 When there are runners on 1st and 3rd the runner on 1st may steal 2nd, but the runner on 3rd may not advance to home. This will eliminate any of the cheap tricks to score a run (I won't modify this rule this season, but it may be up for discussion in 2017).

#7 To eliminate anyone from attempting to steal every single pitch and then just returning to the bag if the ball isn't hit. You are allowed once per inning to return to the original base. After that if you attempt to steal, you must continue with the steal and face the consequences. Also the pitcher may only attempt one pick off per runner.

#8 Please record your games (I don't foresee any issues with this group, but I don't discourage recording games).

#9 You MUST save the state at the box score screen OR the screen immediately after that shows the player stats. Anywhere else and the stats won't upload.

LuckyTool
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby LuckyTool » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:37 pm

storksdaman wrote:I highlighted a few items of note in the rules here. Nothing major, but take a look please...

#2 Infield fly rule is in affect. You must always make an attempt to catch the ball. If you drop it on accident, you may only force out the lead runner (though the opposition does not HAVE to take an out at that point, so if the runners are safe then they are SAFE).

#4 Position players may be started and/or subbed at any position at ANY time of the contest.

#5 When pitching please wait for the batter to swing to let the pitcher know he is ready --- Use your best judgement here, don't be shady. Same thing goes when the opposition is trying to pause for a pinch hitter when his pitcher is at bat. Play nice fellas.

#6 When there are runners on 1st and 3rd the runner on 1st may steal 2nd, but the runner on 3rd may not advance to home. This will eliminate any of the cheap tricks to score a run (I won't modify this rule this season, but it may be up for discussion in 2017).

#7 To eliminate anyone from attempting to steal every single pitch and then just returning to the bag if the ball isn't hit. You are allowed once per inning to return to the original base. After that if you attempt to steal, you must continue with the steal and face the consequences. Also the pitcher may only attempt one pick off per runner.

#8 Please record your games (I don't foresee any issues with this group, but I don't discourage recording games).

#9 You MUST save the state at the box score screen OR the screen immediately after that shows the player stats. Anywhere else and the stats won't upload.

Of the pitchers we draft, do the two SP we draft have to be our starters or do we get to designate which of our 5 pitchers will be our starters?
HSTL Season XXV, XXVI, & XXVII Champion
Baseball Stars Seasons I & II Champion
MIB Season III Champion

storksdaman
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby storksdaman » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:47 pm

You can designate your 2 starters for the season. Just as you will be able to designate your bench players as position players.

Great question.

Return to “Baseball Stars”