League Website

Moderator: BSTARS

storksdaman
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Current state of the league

Postby storksdaman » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:11 am

I know that the BSTARS 2016 season hasn't gotten off to a great start with all the issues with the website. Gary has been working a ton on getting a fix, and after hitting a wall he reached out to a colleague and has ensured me that we will most definitely have a fix in the next few days. As the (rookie) commish I want apologize to you guys for not having this thing 100% ready when I decided to release the rom and begin the season.

I'd like to propose that when we do get the fix that we reboot this season and start fresh with our current rosters....here's my reasoning:

1) We have multiple states that were played in vs. mode (due to your commish not clearly stating that the games must be played in LEAGUE mode in order for them to upload properly) that won't upload even when we do get a fix.

2) The games that have been played in league mode and successfully uploaded to the site are pulling incorrect stats (ABE is being credited with BABE's HR's, etc, etc). The code has a bug in it and it needs to be completely redone.

3) An error in the rom that was overlooked until recently which resulted in the POWERS having to play their games with the WRONG Paul as their cleanup hitter (a ZERO batting rating instead of a 12). That's kind of unfair to the middle of that lineup to say the least.

4) The fact that I would love to have a full season with all player statistics on the site as it makes it much more fun to follow.

I will not do any kind of a reboot on this season without consent from you guys first. I have spoken to a few owners (including the current leaders in the clubhouse at this point) about a possible reboot and the early consensus has been that we could just chalk these games up to an extended preseason.

This league has an awesome group of owners and I want to make this league great. I want us all to have fun playing and then be able to go and view how many "BACK, BACK, BACKS" your big power hitter has put up on the year or how many shut out innings that ace you drafted has given you.

Please post your thoughts about all of this here. Gimme a thumbs up or down, tell me to get bent, drop a GIF of a monkey throwing his own feces...

kamphuna8
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Current state of the league

Postby kamphuna8 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:21 am

Yea let's start it right
cool as high water

Tsbgod 10:33 pm
why be malicious
make sno sense on a tecmo board

Kamphuna8 10:33 pm
well to some it obviously does
all a bunch of geese and ganders in the tecmo world

storksdaman
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby storksdaman » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:58 am

I fixed to rom to reflect all of roster changes (Tavo's requests and the PAUL issue) and Gary has made it this available for download through the website (when you click on your matchup for that week this is the rom that will download). Just download the roms via the website or else you will have to rename it before uploading. The site looks awesome with player faces and now the stats extraction is working.

These are the 2 most important items of note when playing and uploading games:

1- ALL GAMES MUST BE PLAYED IN LEAGUE MODE

2- You must play your first game THEN DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT WITH YOUR OPPONENT in order for the stats to extract properly.

***Player 1 is the visitor and will bat first. Player 2 is home and gets last bats.****

drake
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby drake » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:04 pm

I thought of after the fact of course, that a new season could just be started if you wanted to keep the same screen up. But whatever works!

I will work on some of my template changes now that the code is in working order.
I feel like a prize asshole, no one even mentions my casserole

Return to “Baseball Stars”