Uconn - Ohio State

arncoem
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 400-210-0

Uconn - Ohio State

Postby arncoem » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:41 pm

21 - 14 OSU over UCONN

GG P2C, a great game down to the final whistle.

RECAP:
After trading scores in the first quarter it was 7-7 in the 2nd when Uconn linebacker Scott Lutrus snatched a pass attempt for an INT around the UCONN 30.
Unfort the Huskies offense couldn't take advantage of the turnover bc ran 3 plays without picking up the 1st down (2 of them picked plays by the OSU defensive coordinator) then punted w/ 30 seconds left before halftime.

Uconn got the kickoff to start the 2nd half and wasn't able to convert giving the ball away via fumble.

OSU responded w/ a nice drive making the score 14-7.

Huskies drove the field after that making it 14 a piece w/ 3:30 left in the 4th Quarter.

OSU drove the field nicely and left 28 seconds on the clock after scoring the go ahead TD, making it 21-14.

Tyler Lorenzo was efficient at QB for the Huskies but couldn't come up w/ the "Doug Flutie Hail Mary" to force OT w/ 5 seconds left on the clock after the kickoff return following OSU's go ahead score.

GG Palmer, GL rest of the season.

UCONN now 1-1, won it's opener last week at home but came up a little short at the always hard to play at "Horseshoe" in Columbus Ohio w/ 110,000 ppl in attendence!

AHake21
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Re: Uconn - Ohio State

Postby AHake21 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:38 pm

This game started off hot for the Buckeyes on offense and defense. UCONN picked my first run play so I let Freshman Terrelle Pryor go to work. He passes his way down the field for a TD to Robiskie ( get used to that connection in real life). On defense, the Buckeyes continue to be pumped up as Malcom Jenkins comes up from his safety position to record a sack. UCONN would overcome and tie up the game. Arn summed the game up very well. Beanine wells was in BAD most of the second half so running was done with caution and near the sidelines. Thanks to Pryor's legs, I was able to run a lot of clock in the 4th quarter on the game winning drive. Felt good to get my first TCS win and could have come against a better dude. GG Arn and GL this season!

Return to “TCS Week 2”