Ithaca vs HC

lordsummerisle
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Ithaca vs HC

Postby lordsummerisle » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:08 am

Bombers 28, Crusaders 21

Bombers go to 8-1 with a stunning last-second victory over the Holy Cross Crusaders.

H.C. receives and takes the entire 1st quarter to score a TD on a CC-aided drive. 7-0 bad guys.

Ithaca drives down the field but some smart defense by H.C. fools the youngster QB Deshawn Ruth and he throws a pick. H.C. marches down the field again and scores with a minute left in the half. 14-0 Crusaders. Uh oh.

Bombers get it back with just enough time to, well, Bomb it. That they do, and Dan Higgins hauls it in in the end zone. 14-7 at the half.

Second half would start with Ithaca receiving. They put together a nice methodical drive to get a TD. 14-14 with a minute left in the 3rd.

Crusaders get the ball but their drive stalls at midfield. A 4th down pass is tipped away by a Bomber DB and Ithaca would take over. Shortly thereafter, on a 3rd down play Ruth finds Jamie Donovan over the middle wide open. He catches the ball and puts together some ridiculous fancy footwork and eventually finds his way into the end zone. 21-14 Bombers with their first lead of the day.

H.C. was not done. They hit a 35 yd CC to one of their studly WR and then on a very nice play the QB hooked up with Mel Carey for a 20 yd score to tie the game at 21, with just a few ticks left on the clock. Could Ithaca pull another Hail Mary out of their collective ass?

Yes.

Deshawn Ruth takes the snap, drops back...fires it to speedy TE Morton Ibe who catches the ball in coverage in the back of the end zone for the score and the win.

GG Chaos, once again sorry about the luck here....could be that these Bombers are a team of destiny. We shall see, as....

COMING SOON TO TCS:

#1 Ithaca vs #2 Pittsburgh in a showdown where the winner plays for the National Title! The Bombers will play host to the Panthers in what promises to be an epic game and certainly the most important in the Bombers' young history. Forget Game of the Week....this is Game of the Century material right here!!!!

BadMoonRison
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Ithaca vs HC

Postby BadMoonRison » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:19 am

A team of goddamn luck, if this game is an indication. Sure, I got my two or three CCs, but that's expected with 69 REC WRs (especially on a depleted secondary). But a JJ before the half when I kept Ithaca scoreless was a kick in the balls. That is only topped by a game ending catch in the back of the endzone across the field on a 69 INT DB, which was just pure bullshit, because my guy couldn't lock onto him even though I was there. Oh yeah, your RB going into EXCELLENT didn't help either. You had some good plays, but it's frustrating to lose when you feel like you outplayed the other person. I swear that you made a deal with the devil that every game we play, you must win.

There's always next year to experience the same exact result.
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2007: First Place
Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2009: Fifth Place
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2011: Second Place
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2012: Second Place
STL Season 6 Champion, Now and Forever
TCS Season 2 National Champion (Undefeated)
TCS Season 6 National Champion
TCS Season 7 National Champion
ATA Season 11 Champion
CIA Season 1 Champion
CIA Season 2 Champion
ATA Coach of the Year, Seasons 7 and 11
TPC First Ever Tournament Winner

lordsummerisle
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Re: Ithaca vs HC

Postby lordsummerisle » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:38 am

I totally know what you mean, for me it's guys like Fro and Lefty who seem to always get the breaks when I play them. Keep in mind though that if your first drive doesn't get extended by a CC that I take over at midfield and who knows how the game would've played out from there... but regardless I do feel bad about this one, as it's always a shitty way to win, but I'll take it.

Return to “TCS Week 9”