runners on first and third

1 season
mort1237
Administrator
Administrator
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

runners on first and third

Postby mort1237 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:53 am

runners on first and third and zero or one outs. The way it works is that the runner on 1st can steal second no matter what. Cause if you throw and he sends the guy on third that guy will score. The only solution is to hold the ball and allow the stolen base. Play for an out and try to hold up the runners with infield in. This implies being a good infield defender. Which I think most of our guys are good enough to do. Outfield fielding is the difficult part.

that is why i did not make any rule against advancing a runner like this. I will consider not allowing steals of home with runners on first and third. This would allow max speed guys to try and steal. While giving a fair chance to match catchers to throw them out. I will only do this if a majority of people want it. I will not vote. All i say is that it is tough to score runs and you can do it to the other guy. I think it is fair and legit. What do you think?
Online Tecmoer since 2001
Too Sweet
master of the arrow trick

Champion Madison 2010 Tourney Tecmo IV: He Went To Jerry
TBL S2 Champion PACKERS
NWO S3 commish
sports talk baseball commish

mike the fly
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Re: runners on first and third

Postby mike the fly » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:06 pm

i think anything goes baserunning is fine, trying to steal home in that situation can easily get you burned and cost you a run, just have to be smart on defense.

Return to “Sports Talk Baseball League”