tecmodell42
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Week 16: Dolphins @ Saints

Postby tecmodell42 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:43 am

tecmodell42 DOLPHINS
bgboud2 SAINTS

Game starts out with a quick 3 and out for the Miami offense. Saints first drive, McGee busts one for 30 yards - next play, Montana to Novacek for the 60 yd TD. 7-0, Saints. DeBerg makes 2 big plays; one to WR Collins, and one to TE/H-Back Horton, putting Miami into New Orleans territory for the first time of the day, to end the quarter. Then after a Neal Anderson 10 yard run, he caps off the drive with a 10 yd TD run, 7-7. Next Miami possession begins at their own 10. McGee busts another big one, this time for 50. Montana hits Cobb over the middle for about 25, and then connects with WR Gary Clark for the go ahead score, 14-7. Just over a minute to play in the half. Not enough time for Miami to muster anything. 14-7, New Orleans at the half.
To have any shot against the potent Saints passing attack, I knew I was going to have to make them slow it down on offense. This is when Montana took over on the ground. After a couple clock controlling Montana runs, Drummond (subbing in for the 'bad' McGee) goes for 9. Montana to Gary Clark on the next play puts New Orleans into Miami territory. SAINTS seemingly in control, until probably the turning point of the game, where he is picked off by Gil Byrd - as the Dolphins take over.
DeBerg misses a wide open Brown for like the 3rd time, this time on a big 3rd down play, and DOLPHINS coach O'Dell goes on tilt, but Neal Anderson fortunately converts a big 4th and 5 from midfield. DeBerg then hits Collins for a 30 yarder, and then a 25 yd TD cap off the drive, 14-14.
After a few New Orleans plays, putting them into Miami territory, Drummond runs it in from 16 yards out to take the lead back, 21-14 SAINTS 3:00 to play. Miami’s ensuing drive: N.Anderson for 15, Horton for 20, Collins for 18, and then DeBerg to Marv Cook on a big 3rd down for the 12 yard score to tie it 21-21, with just :51 left. After the kick return, New Orleans only has time for one play, which falls incomplete to end regulation.
Miami wins the toss. Neal goes for 20, and then 9. DeBerg to Cook, putting them into New Orleans territory. After a Neal Anderson 1st down run, DeBerg hits Collins from about 30 yards out for the win. 27-21 DOLPHINS overtime.

GG bgboud. Tough loss for SAINTS, as they fall to 8-6. DOLPHINS up their record to 6-8 (3-3 under Coach O’Dell)
LIONS WTF / Retro / Classic / 2.0 / Grapple / HSTL / TSBTL / TTC

Madison Tecmo: Elite 8 (2), Sweet 16 (2)
TTL Season II Champion: New York Jets
TTL Season III Champion: Pittsburgh Steelers
HSTL Season XVII Champion: Detroit Lions
USFL Season II Champion: Michigan Panthers
STL Season IV Champion: New Orleans Saints

AIM: tecmodell42

bgboud2
Starter
Starter

Re: Week 16: Dolphins @ Saints

Postby bgboud2 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:15 am

This is the kind of shitpot game I play when I have a chance to take back the division. Of course Montana must trhow a pick on the called play when I made a mistake whereas when, on the last drive of regulation, DeBerg threw it right to McMillan there was no pick. I knew I should've onside kicked at 3:30 left after scoring.
XFL BOLTS S3 12-0

tecmodactyl.................................................bgboud2

tecmodell42
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby tecmodell42 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:22 am

The onsides definitely would have caught me off guard.

Those 3 wide open DeBerg passes voids out the McMillan non-INT. I was about to blow my mind the way he was missing guys.

bgboud2
Starter
Starter

Postby bgboud2 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:27 am

Onsides would've been to let you score fast, since I usually don't delude myself into thinking I can ever get a stop.

And no they don't void...it's always better to have the garbage happen early in the game then late when playing a choker like me.
XFL BOLTS S3 12-0

tecmodactyl.................................................bgboud2

tecmodell42
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby tecmodell42 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:38 am

I understand why you would have been going onside. See my wk12 game against MRT...

viewtopic.php?f=703&t=29035

Return to “INTL Game Recaps”