BadMoonRison
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Raiders 23, 49ers 17 (OT)

Postby BadMoonRison » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Oakland Raiders - 23
San Francisco 49ers - 17

This game was not as close as the score indicates. The 49ers found a way to keep within striking distance and scored 10 unanswered in the 4th quarter (thanks to, yes, a fumble). It was two big runs by Turner (both about 50 yards) that really kept them in the game so they could capitalize in the 4th.

Nonetheless, Raiders won the toss in OT and took it all the way down the field. RB Stephen Jackson (in for a bad Westbrook) scored the game winner.

gg matt. Raiders get their first win of the season (1-2).
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2007: First Place
Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2009: Fifth Place
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2011: Second Place
New York Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2012: Second Place
STL Season 6 Champion, Now and Forever
TCS Season 2 National Champion (Undefeated)
TCS Season 6 National Champion
TCS Season 7 National Champion
ATA Season 11 Champion
CIA Season 1 Champion
CIA Season 2 Champion
ATA Coach of the Year, Seasons 7 and 11
TPC First Ever Tournament Winner

Mid90sMatt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: Raiders 23, 49ers 17 (OT)

Postby Mid90sMatt » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:29 pm

The first half was some of the worst Tecmo playing I have ever done in my life. The Raiders immediately scored 14 points and I was held at 28 yards. Yup. At the first half, I had 28 yards.

In the 2nd half, I was able to catch back up thanks to some great runs by Turner and Marshall who REFUSED to not catch the ball. I think he CC'd at least 3 times. After a fumble by Warner (he ran it a bunch this game so he deserved it), I was able to get a FG and tie the game after a huge JJ by Davis (which I didn't deserve).

Overall, I am disappointed with my performance in the first half and I wouldn't have needed the CCs/FL to keep the game close if I didn't screw up so much. But I didn't play well, and the Raiders out performed the 49ers throughout and would have crushed me if I didn't get some cheap plays.
Proud Commissioner of: The LPI
Proud Member of: The TSBL

Return to “SNFL Week 1”