NYG at CAR

bruddog
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 406-123

NYG at CAR

Postby bruddog » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:26 pm

Man this game deserved to go into overtime. A classic battle between two vets who started in pool 4.

I converted 3 first downs on my first drive and eventually ran a score in with a lorenzo neal run as he popcorned his way 20 yards to paydirt.

I was in eifers head on defense early picking a lot of plays and in general shutting down his defense. He put one in before half on a 4th and long jj. However deangelo williams busted out a 70 yarder right before half.

Carolina's lock down defense remained in effect to start the second half and forced a punt. However the Giants ramped up their defense with Ware leading the charge and 2 picked plays plus a tipped pass and I had to punt.

Rather than go out of bounds the NYG returner tries for a few yards and FUMBLES...a devastating blow. CAR leads 21-7. At that point stopping the NYG offense becomes a challenge as Eifer starts making nice WR's on streak patterns with my guys in trailing in coverage. He finds and open WR in the endzone and its 21-14.

CArolina just needs to move the ball and get a score to lock things down but the NYG defense is stingy again and I go for it on 4th down due to the clock situation figuring even if eifer scores id still have time. The pass falls incomplete. Uh..oh.

NYG drive again and get to the five. However 25INT Freddy KEiaho comes up with the HUGE interception in the endzone.

Williams breaks off another long one a few plays later to the 20 and that was all she wrote.

GG Eifer

CAR 4-1

Return to “NTL Week 7”