BSFL Website
Supports:Image
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!

Postby TSBGOD » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Ok........I have taken the reins from Freddy, he is very busy working and doing more important stuff and does not have the time to run the league at this time, he still says he can play on Sundays and find an hour a week to play other games. I am going to go with 8 teams, dropping Cleveland and the Dodgers since JWB does not seem to be on. Starting Monday we will get this show back on the road, please post what games you have left and schedule accordingly...... Obviously the games with the Indians and Dodgers will not count . Top 3 in each division will still make playoffs, #1 team gets a bye. 5 game series and then Championship series 4 out of 7 and WS 4 out of 7.

PLEASE post if you want to start fresh(same rosters but new fresh record 0-0) or continue with the records we have......Either way it's fine. If you want to start fresh I will amke a new schedule.

AMERICAN LEAGUE
Freddy ATHLETICS
Chaos YANKEES
Discdolo METS
Tecmokoby TIGERS

NATIONAL LEAGUE

TSBGOD PIRATES
Canes CUBS
Jesus RED SOX
E2E REDS

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!

Postby TSBGOD » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Second thought....we are going to start season off from 0-0.....same rosters though. Monday the site will be up and the schedules will be announced.

tecmokoby
Rookie
Rookie
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby tecmokoby » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:18 am

love it tsb, you gonna be able to make roms, or we just using the ones we got?

snkbaseballstars
Rookie
Rookie

Postby snkbaseballstars » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:28 pm

Count me in. I haven't been able to get on due to unforeseen developments at work. Things have settled and I would still like to take the Dodgers if possible.

Thanks
jwblsu
Dodgers
"For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." - 2 Corinthians 4:18

lightninglarry
Starter
Starter

Postby lightninglarry » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:33 pm

id still say we go with 10, but im not running things
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:00 pm

lightninglarry wrote:id still say we go with 10, but im not running things

Where is the other owner?

lightninglarry
Starter
Starter

Postby lightninglarry » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:52 pm

I dont have another owner, I've tried for 3 weeks and exhausted my resources.

On another note, we do have 2/3 owners who took over for guys after the draft
I would go either way, if we do lower the league, a redraft, a franchise player keep, or stick with current teams. Just curious what happens with the players on the teams that dont have owners.
Im not sure if he was joking, but my friend said its probably a 1 and done with him in the league, doesn't like how it was gmd.

Again I'm fine with whatever you decided tsbgod
Check out My Ebay Store
Image http://www.ebay.com/sch/lmacs_sports/m. ... ksid=p3686 its mainly sports related merchandise

Endzone2Endzone
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby Endzone2Endzone » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:32 am

My two cents:

Smaller is better with people who want to play-- if we have 10 that will play, fine. We should see who is truly on board. I'll vouch for snk he is a very good player and should be in this league.

Also, if we have 8 or less, we should do one rom and everyone should play everyone and just seed the playoffs out of that. Keep roster, redraft, or do a small cut and pick up vacant team players I don't care. But lets make sure if we do we have people who will play.

Forget about stats for now and just play. Wins and losses, runs scored and allowed just to get a season under our belts.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

kulseic
TCS Citadel
TCS Citadel

Postby kulseic » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:32 am

If you guys still need an owner I will throw myself on my sword an offer my services. IF I EVEN SEEM TO QUIT A GAME YOU CAN REMOVE ME ON THE SPOT. If I quit the league before the end of season I will retire from all tecmo/online leagues and never play again, Jim

p.s. I was swamped and therefore short tempered before, and for that I'm sorry.

TSB as commish c'mon I gotta be in this thing :)
Image ImageImage

snkbaseballstars
Rookie
Rookie

Postby snkbaseballstars » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:42 am

I suggest we wait til MLB spring training starts. People will be more in the mood for baseball then. TSB I'd be glad to make a new roster pool with more accurate ratings. Then we should start with 8 teams, no stats, just play each other 4x each, that's a 28 game season. Then seed it up for playoffs. A game of stars takes abt 20 min so that's not much to ask. I know everyones busy, I am too, but with a good simple plan and a start date around March, I think is a recipe for success.

We could plan to start drafting mid to late February. Let me know what you guys think.
"For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." - 2 Corinthians 4:18

Return to “Baseball Stars Franchise League”