Am I going to Heaven?

Discussions about religious, spirtual, philosphical, scientific, and political beliefs.
YES we admit to mixing church and state
Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Am I going to Heaven?

Postby Matlisab » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:32 pm

After a conversation with a fellow tecmoer, I thought I'd challenge all of you with this question. (Am I going to heaven?) I am not God; and I do not determine who goes to heaven, only God does that. If you take the time to read this I think you will be challenged and encouraged by what the Word of God teaches. It basically hinges of this, is the Bible the Word of God or not?

Namely I want to cover 3 things in terms of "Am I going to Heaven"
1) Who is God
2) Who is Man
3) What does that mean

1) Who is God

God is eternal
Psa. 90:2- Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God
God is omnipresent
Psa. 139:7–12 - Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
God is holy
Lev. 19:2- "Speak to all the congregation of the people of Israel and say to them, You shall be holy, for I the LORD your God am holy
God is true.
John 17:3- And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
God is love
John 3:16- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Rom. 5:8- but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
God is Creator
Gen. 1:1- In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

2) Who is Man
All people were created by God
Psalm 139:14- I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
All people are sinful
Rom 3:9-11 -No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin, as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God.
Rom. 3:23- for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
All people have sinned and everyone sin holds equal weigh to God
James 2:10- For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

3) What does it mean?

If you read who the Bible says God is, and who the Bible says we are, there is a large gap. God is perfect, holy, creator, loving, etc... at all times. And in contrast humanity is broken, sinful, selfish, and needy at all times. Now if God is perfect He cannot be associated with anything that is not perfect. It would cease to make Him holy and perfect. So the question is, how can this large gap be reconciled? How can guilty people be reconciled to God and live wit Him in heaven? The answer is found in the person and the work of Jesus. Jesus Christ came to Earth, lived a perfect life and died on the cross for our sins. He lived the perfect life so He could live the perfect life that we could not. He offered that perfect life to God as a sacrifice to pay a way for us to go to heaven.

2 Cor. 5:21: For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

God made Jesus Christ out as the sinful one and punished Him instead of us. Jesus knew no sin, but He took on the punishment of God to pay for our sin! This salvation is a free gift available to anyone. I don't know what you've done in your life but God will forgive you if you trust in His Son. Repent of your sinful life, turn to Jesus Christ and cling to Him for salvation!

Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

John 6:37- All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.

Acts 4:12- And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

1 John 5:11- And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

John 6:35 - Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

Some of you I have developed a good talking relationship with. If any of you have any questions how you can know for sure you will spend eternity with Jesus Christ in heaven you can PM, reply to this thread or email me. matthew.nagel@abc.edu

I don't know most of you deeply, but I love all of you too much and am too concerned about you to not share what I believe to be the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Out of respect I'll ask that all genuine questions can come here or to me personally. If you would like to debate the Scriptures of the authority of the Word of God, I'd be more than happy to discuss this on another thread
Last edited by Matlisab on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
League Regular Season Record: 193-81
League Playoff Record: 15-12
TPC Recored: 163-55

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

Re: Am I going to Heaven?

Postby TSBGOD » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:00 pm

I believe I am going to heaven. I have been a decent human being and a law abiding citizen! Yes I know that does not make me go to heaven but I believe God will have common sense when it comes to this nowadays. It is 2011 right?

I do not believe GOD will allow rapists and murderers over a good decent human being . Makes no sense to do so, bible or no bible that would be foolish.

GOD will make the right choices when you enter or exit HEAVEN.

All I know is people have faith and their beliefs, does not mean they are right. It only means they have faith and belief of what is said to be truth.

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:20 pm

After receiving 3 emails, I'll say two things:

1. I'm encouraged to see a general interest in what at least the Bible has to say, whether you initially agree with it or not

2. I'll encourage anyone else to also just email instead of the PM function. I'm not always signed onto the boards to see PM's the come.

regulator088
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 21 Titles

Postby regulator088 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:07 am

TSBGOD wrote: I do not believe GOD will allow rapists and murderers over a good decent human being . Makes no sense to do so, bible or no bible that would be foolish.

God /is forgiving beyond human understanding. I believe rapist and murderer's who truly repent for their sin reach Heaven. I'm guessing a lot more people reach Heaven than we anticipate. God testifies to how loving and forgiving He is. You can live a life of lust, materialism, and sin, but in your last moments if you truly are sorry for the path you chose during your life and ask God's forgiveness; I think it is granted upon you. Example: the thief on the cross next to Jesus.
Play games, say GG, do recaps..... Harmony in tecmo

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Well that is your belief and that's fine. I just cant fathom that god will let Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Mansion into heaven even if they repent. Make no sense at all. I know, I know, that is what the bible says but that bible was years ago. I think GOD is up on the times and will be more strict! HAHA

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:15 pm

TSBGOD wrote:Well that is your belief and that's fine. I just cant fathom that god will let Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Mansion into heaven even if they repent. Make no sense at all. I know, I know, that is what the bible says but that bible was years ago. I think GOD is up on the times and will be more strict! HAHA

His ways are better than yours, His thoughts are higher than yours.

Didn't doesn't matter if you understand them or agree with them, that doesn't discredit the authority of Scripture.

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:36 pm

I agree with everything you said, but there is no proof until we die. So see you in HEAVEN!

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:26 am

TSBGOD wrote:I agree with everything you said, but there is no proof until we die. So see you in HEAVEN!

The fact you say there is no proof clearly shows you do not agree with everything I said. If the Scriptures are authoritative, sufficient, inspired.... then they are in fact THE proof.

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:46 am

Like I said, we will see at the gates, hopefully we meet up in heaven bro. Not one that we know of has seen heaven and told us how it is, until than MATT we can only specualte and believe there is. I am not saying there is no heaven, just sayign we won tknow until we are there. COMMON SENSE

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:22 pm

TSBGOD wrote:Like I said, we will see at the gates, hopefully we meet up in heaven bro. Not one that we know of has seen heaven and told us how it is, until than MATT we can only specualte and believe there is. I am not saying there is no heaven, just sayign we won tknow until we are there. COMMON SENSE

I understand why you think it is speculation. It boils down to whether you believe the Bible to be the Word of God or not. If you believe the Bible is true there is no speculation..... that is the whole point.

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:35 pm

I know the whole point, just saying we will see when we get there, you can believe and still be wrong, just like anything else we believe in life and prove to be false later on. Wait and see Matt. I believed that Santa was real when I was younger, that BACKFIRED!

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Matlisab wrote:Didn't doesn't matter if you understand them or agree with them, that doesn't discredit the authority of Scripture.

TSBGOD wrote:I agree with everything you said, but there is no proof until we die. So see you in HEAVEN!

TSBGOD wrote:I know the whole point, just saying we will see when we get there, you can believe and still be wrong, just like anything else we believe in life and prove to be false later on. Wait and see Matt. I believed that Santa was real when I was younger, that BACKFIRED!

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:31 am

Exactly, none of us know. Not even you Matt, you just believe.

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:11 am

I thought your reading comprehension might kick in if I quoted those.... I guess not

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Matlisab wrote:I thought your reading comprehension might kick in if I quoted those.... I guess not

Nope, I think one way, it's my opinion and you have yours. I agree with most of what you said but in the end we are left with only a belief you and I. We shall see if that belief is true when we get there bro. We shall see if scripture is true or false. It is good that you and I believe it is but no proof yet. Only time will tell.

I wish there was a "you just got boxed" smilie that was available.

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:00 pm

TSBGOD wrote:
Matlisab wrote:I thought your reading comprehension might kick in if I quoted those.... I guess not

Nope, I think one way, it's my opinion and you have yours. I agree with most of what you said but in the end we are left with only a belief you and I. We shall see if that belief is true when we get there bro. We shall see if scripture is true or false. It is good that you and I believe it is but no proof yet. Only time will tell.

That comment has nothing to do with belief or interpretation, it was squarely pointed at your reading and ability to logically follow a conversation. This response only amplifies the reading comprehension comment.

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Matlisab wrote:
TSBGOD wrote:

That comment has nothing to do with belief or interpretation, it was squarely pointed at your reading and ability to logically follow a conversation. This response only amplifies the reading comprehension comment.

I completely understood every word you posted. I followed your conversation 100%, but I am not going to follow your logic. It's a belief, not any truth until I get there. We both know that if you had some common sense.

I do respect your beliefs though, just have not been proven by you or I. Until then, just speculation.

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:08 pm

TSBGOD wrote:
I completely understood every word you posted. I followed your conversation 100%, but I am not going to follow your logic. It's a belief, not any truth until I get there. We both know that if you had some common sense.

I do respect your beliefs though, just have not been proven by you or I. Until then, just speculation.

The fact that this is your response means you didn't understand or follow

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:17 pm

Matlisab wrote:
TSBGOD wrote:

Not exactly.... I understand completely what you tried to say and all your posts, just is no proof until judgement day. I follow what you are trying to say, just is not true until the end brother .

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:20 pm

TSBGOD wrote:
Matlisab wrote:
TSBGOD wrote:

Not exactly.... I understand completely what you tried to say and all your posts, just is no proof until judgement day. I follow what you are trying to say, just is not true until the end brother .

Lol, again you completely missed the point. I'm not talking about a belief or proof. I'm not talking about the judgement day, I'm not talking about what we will find out in the end. Reread the conversation and see if you can figure out your contradiction

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Matlisab wrote:
TSBGOD wrote:
Matlisab wrote:
TSBGOD wrote:

Lol, again you completely missed the point. I'm not talking about a belief or proof. I'm not talking about the judgement day, I'm not talking about what we will find out in the end. Reread the conversation and see if you can figure out your contradiction

There is no contradiction, I said I agree with you other than we are not sure until the end. No contradiction at all . LOL

Matlisab wrote:
TSBGOD wrote:Well that is your belief and that's fine. I just cant fathom that god will let Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Mansion into heaven even if they repent. Make no sense at all. I know, I know, that is what the bible says but that bible was years ago. I think GOD is up on the times and will be more strict! HAHA

His ways are better than yours, His thoughts are higher than yours.

Didn't doesn't matter if you understand them or agree with them, that doesn't discredit the authority of Scripture.

Once again I agree with all of these...just we will see if it is true when we die sir.
Last edited by TSBGOD on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:26 pm

TSBGOD wrote: There is no contradiction, I said I agree with you other than we are not sure until the end. No contradiction at all . LOL

Oh brother, you still don't get it/see it. Let me know when this goes off :idea:

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:28 pm

Matlisab wrote:
TSBGOD wrote: There is no contradiction, I said I agree with you other than we are not sure until the end. No contradiction at all . LOL

Oh brother, you still don't get it/see it. Let me know when this goes off :idea:

You show me where I contradicted myself if you are saying I did. I tell it like it is, no need to contradict myself.

I respect you for your beliefs.
I know what scripture is.

SOWA1291
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby SOWA1291 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:48 pm

I think his point is how do you know that the bible is the inspired word of God? How can you prove that with out a doubt? Also if you can prove that it is the word of God how do you know your interpretation is correct?

TSB's point is that we can only truly know once we get there. Take Judas for example was he saved?

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:48 pm

SOWA1291 wrote:I think his point is how do you know that the bible is the inspired word of God? How can you prove that with out a doubt? Also if you can prove that it is the word of God how do you know your interpretation is correct?

TSB's point is that we can only truly know once we get there. Take Judas for example was he saved?

Wow, I could not of said it bette rmyself, this is all basically what I meant, Thanks Sowa.

Until we face our fate, there is no way to know.

Return to “Beliefs & Politics”