It's things like this that make me go HMMMMMM.........GOD?

Discussions about religious, spirtual, philosphical, scientific, and political beliefs.
YES we admit to mixing church and state
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

It's things like this that make me go HMMMMMM.........GOD?

Postby TSBGOD » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:14 am

http://news.yahoo.com/friends-rally-aro ... 59347.html

Things like this makes me think about GOD and why things like this happen.

Only answer I ever get is: IT"S FREE WILL! LMFAO

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: It's things like this that make me go HMMMMMM.........GO

Postby TSBGOD » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:37 am

No responses from the religious people here? Cat got your tongue? I just want to know your reasoning behind thing slike this othe rthna FREE WILL and It was their time to go to heaven. Got to come stronger than that.

brookstonfowler
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby brookstonfowler » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:54 pm

no one wants to respond to this post because you've come across as pretty incompetent when it comes to spiritual matters, and this post pretty much reinforces that. no amount of physical proof or otherwise will convince you of something you are unwilling to believe through faith.

the bottom line about incidents like the one in the story is that we don't know. only God in His infinite wisdom knows. i don't think this particular incident has anything to do with free will. unless of course, it was a suicide mission by the dad in which case it was the will of the dad to do such a horrendous thing.

explain to me why free will is such a bad thing again? as far as i can tell it's the greatest gift God has given us aside from the gift of His Son. and without His Son, we wouldn't even have free will and we'd all be subject to death and the devil.

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:45 pm

So losing your 3 kids is ok? It's God's master plan? It's life so they say? How does that make any sense?

We praise God for all our good but never fault him correct? How does that even make any sense?

It's all faith, do we even know?

brookstonfowler
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby brookstonfowler » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:24 am

it would make a ton of sense if we knew exactly what God knows. i do know that there is lot to be said about learning through trials, and that each of us have unique trials we have to deal with. trials are a test of faith. and yes, faith is the key here. we can either exercise our faith to make us stronger and better, or we can refuse to exercise any faith and fall into despair for the rest of our lives.

if you believe in God, then you believe in a life after this. with that perspective death in no more than a transition. yes, it's hard to deal with during this earth life where our vision is so limited. the point of this life was not meant to be easy. what would we have learned if it was easy?

we are all unique individuals, and God knows that. while it seems that some people's trials are much greater than our own or vice versa, there is probably a lot more equality than we realize. again, we don't have the details that God has. at least, that's what He's told us through Isaiah.

regulator088
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 21 Titles

Postby regulator088 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:05 am

Explaining faith to TSB = Image
Play games, say GG, do recaps..... Harmony in tecmo

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:15 am

regulator088 wrote:Explaining faith to TSB = Image

Exactly, It cant be explained, all we can do is believe in our faith. All i was saying is how fucked up is it sometimes when different things happen that has you questioning the almighty one. Just makes no sense no matter how it is explained. I guess we will see if this rodeo exists when we are laid to rest.

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:22 am

I purposely withheld a response initially because it's the same old tune over and over in many of these conversations. I pick my opportunities a little more delicately because my urgency and passion for Jesus Christ is oftened viewed as 'radical' and 'narrowminded'. A person's heart is difficult to discern on a message board and I regret that many times in the past I've come across in an unpleasant way. I'm confident many of you would have a different perception of me if you knew me personally. That being said, I thought to add a few comments.

Brooks,
Thank you for your balanced responses and a general pleasant attitude in all your posts on these type of subjects. You often bring clarity in a gentle way but firmly explain your reasoning and stance on issues.

Regulator,
I'll encourage you to do what I've often failed to do with tsbgor, and that falls in the word 'Grace'. What do you have that you have not received? And if you have received it, why do you boast as if you have not? Paul was pretty good at humbling a person wasn't he? :) Because you have some insight to spiritual things and tsbgor in contrast, I'll encourage you to rest in the fact that you have what you have because God has given it to you. This might be offensive to some, but if God has not given others certain insight or even faith (yes, faith is a gift from God) then we need to patiently explain these things. I don't share this as a rebuke to you, but rather a regret in my own conversation with some on these boards.

Tsbgor,
Our similarities are greater than you think (despite our consistent bickering). What eventually you'll need to grapple with is a biblical understanding of who God is, and who man is. Your question that started this thread is answered by the Bible very directly. In short, I'll explain the question of 'If God is loving, why do bad things happen to good people?'

This question starts with the beginning. Genesis 1 and 2 talks about God's creation of the Heavens and the Earth and everything inbetween. Everything God created was perfect and without corruption. There was no sin in the world and everything lived in perfect harmony. For a period (we don't know how long) Adam and Eve lived in the garden. The famous introduction to sin and depravity started with both Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit. Sin entered the world and because if it, we see a fallen world today. God is loving and kind and what He created was perfect, but His relationship with humanity was hindered because of sin.

Fast forward thousands of years later and we see what the gradual decay of sin produces. People are born with a sinful nature and naturally are selfish, prideful and imperfect. God wanted to reconcile these imperfect people to Himself so He decided to send His Son Jesus Christ to Earth. Jesus Christ lived a perfect life as fully God and fully human. Because of this perfect life, He because the perfect sacrifice for sin. Because God loved humanity so much, He sent His Son to bear our sin and penalty so we could be reconciled to Him. Jesus' perfect life would then be accreditted to humanity under one condition. If we place our faith and trust in the Savior of the World (Jesus Christ). He would not only save us and bring us to Heaven, but He would enable us through His Spirit to live a life on Earth that was glorifying to Him.

So why do bad things happen to good people? Because we live in a world corrupted by sinful people. God has made humanity to choose to follow Him or follow their own ways. Those who follow Him and Trust in His Son will be saved. Bad things happen to people because it's the very product of the world we live in.

God never said we would not endure trial, He also never said life will be perfect and easy. People die for unexpected reasons, that is life. Human life is incredibly fragile, we never know when our time is up. Because God allows people to die doesn't mean He isn't loving and good. His purposes and ways are higher than ours, we can never understand them.

If you have made it this far in the post, well I'm suprised. But let me give you an illustration that may better explain what I am trying to say. If you read nothing else, please read this.
There was a missionary in the jungles of Brazil who preached the Gospel to different tribes in the region. One day after hiking several hours up a mountain to reach a certain people he came to a field. This field was bare, no tress, no houses, nothing. But every few feet were these giants piles of trash. They were scattered all throughout the field. It looked like a complete mess... it stunk too. These piles of garbage had no rhyme or reason, and the nationals couldn't explain it either. Months later as the missionary is heading back to the states, they happen to pass over head that same field on the flight home. And all those piles of trash... that huge mess, ending up being an elaborate symbol made by a tribe, which was a ritual practice.

What's the point? I'm glad you asked...
Often times we come to these piles of garbage in our life. Frankly sometimes our lives are just an absolute mess. My brother has been in and out of hospitals his whole life, my mother has been divorced twice, many of my family are addicted to drugs and alchohol, I never really knew my father, I have faced many deaths with highschool friends and family. My own personal life has been one of ups and downs. Often times in life we all look out at the garbage and the mess of life and it looks like it makes no sense at all. There is no rhyme or reason to the mess, it's just a mess. But God has an eternal perspective. He sees the purpose of all these things because He is looking down on us, just as that plane. God knows the beginning and the end. We aren't able to comprehend why God allows some things, but we know it's all a part of His plan.

These are foolish words to those who don't fully understand who God is and who man is. They are difficult to swallow and chew up. I pray that you'll read them carefully and consider who Jesus Christ is to you.
League Regular Season Record: 193-81
League Playoff Record: 15-12
TPC Recored: 163-55

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:47 am

Good explanation REVEREND. We just do not know, you and I really do not know, just can only have faith. GOTCHA!

urLocalTecmoGuy
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby urLocalTecmoGuy » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:57 pm

I have a question and in all honesty, i am not trying to be disrespectful in anyway. Though I believe in god and believe it is though him i am able to live a happy and healthy life along with a great family and great friends, I do wonder sometimes about why things happen the way they do.

I am interested in how someone can explain to a young married devout christian family who was married in the house of the lord and has followed the word of christ since they BOTH were children, that the loss of their 5 year old child who was murdured by a drug dealing pedofile is a part of a plan set forth by the god they worship, love and cherish and its this plan they should follow with a sense of satisfaction that they are fulfilling their part of serving god. Are these young good hearted christian parents supposed to understand that the insurmountable pain of losing their child, after all the years of giving their all to christ, is simply apart of gods plan and dispite their loss should continue to be dilegent in serving god and his will?

Again, in no way are my intentions aimed at being disrespectful sarcastic sly or anything of that nature (i apologize for the tone).
urLocalTecmoGuy (9:42:43 PM): i dont need you to have the best 2 tecmo players out right now
urLocalTecmoGuy (9:42:56 PM): eagles and gaycobs
DAMFNDRZA (9:43:19 PM): lolll
urLocalTecmoGuy (9:44:01 PM): my new sig is born
DAMFNDRZA (9:47:20 PM): well... if you ever sig me, just please fix any grammatical erros.
DAMFNDRZA (9:47:35 PM): errors*
urLocalTecmoGuy (9:47:38 PM): lol
urLocalTecmoGuy (9:47:42 PM): too easy

brookstonfowler
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby brookstonfowler » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:32 pm

@urlocaltecmoguy: in no way are my remarks meant to downplay or lessen the seriousness and heinousness of a crime that you set out in that scenario. to us it makes less sense than it does to God, who possesses a perfectly clear eternal perspective--for the world and for us as individuals. this would fall under his omniscience descriptor. and for me to claim to know why this would happen would make me a liar because i don't know why this would happen.

however, let's look at what we do know. this life is temporary. it is a space given to us to prepare to meet God. death is not the end of all things for us, fortunately. this is because of Christ's atoning sacrifice that it's possible. this is good news for the child. along with that is that each of us has unique trials to endure. God knows our strengths and weaknesses, and He knows what we can handle. He won't give us a temptation--and i submit trial as well--that we cannot overcome through faith in Christ. in your scenario, it is an incredibly difficult challenge for the parents, and that's going to be a huge trial of faith. i don't want to get longwinded, so i'm not going to elaborate too much more, but on a final note that may deviate from what my Christian colleagues believe, our righteous families will be reunited after death. small children (under the age of eight) are innocent and are saved. therefore the parents can have hope that they will be reunited with their child beyond the grave.

Endzone2Endzone
Up and Comer
Up and Comer

Postby Endzone2Endzone » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:02 am

Tsbgod you are making an idol GOD. You seem to think like why would GOD allow bad things to happen? Do you KNOW him? Does he KNOW you? GOD is indeed ALMIGHTY but he does not go around pulling the puppet strings in everyone’s life. He most certainly can, and has on occasion, but it's up to him who he will give mercy or judgment or let life play out with no interference from him. His will be done in Heaven and Earth just like the word says. He is HOLY. Don’t blame GOD for anything--that is folly.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:05 pm

Endzone2Endzone wrote:Tsbgod you are making an idol GOD. You seem to think like why would GOD allow bad things to happen? Do you KNOW him? Does he KNOW you? GOD is indeed ALMIGHTY but he does not go around pulling the puppet strings in everyone’s life. He most certainly can, and has on occasion, but it's up to him who he will give mercy or judgment or let life play out with no interference from him. His will be done in Heaven and Earth just like the word says. He is HOLY. Don’t blame GOD for anything--that is folly.

Do you or I really know that? Who says he does anything for anybody? Maybe we make our our choices and get our own breaks with his blessing? Don't blame for anything but thank him for some things? Is that not fair? Have to take as a whole, just not the positive in our life.

ziurziur
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby ziurziur » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:01 am

There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2 And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things? 3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.

Return to “Beliefs & Politics”