Comments on the Collins Announcement?

Discussions about religious, spirtual, philosphical, scientific, and political beliefs.
YES we admit to mixing church and state
justinpeters51
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: 185-0-0

Comments on the Collins Announcement?

Postby justinpeters51 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:47 pm

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Comments on the Collins Announcement?

Postby joeygats » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:51 pm

i just dont like the fact that its becoming cool to be gay. i have no issue with someone being gay though.. being gay should not be frowned apon but it should not be something that we congratulate someone for either. it is something that we should just accept and nothing more. hope that makes sense
Rest in Peace mikeyscull - one of the best players to ever play online

think your good at tecmo and want to prove it? then join the action today! viewtopic.php?f=1118&t=43242

justinpeters51
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
TSB W-L-T: 185-0-0

Postby justinpeters51 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:11 pm

Yep, I agree with you. He is doing talk shows and all that now. I get it, but i think it is pathetic that he didnt play all season and then all this morning every sports anouncer is saying how he needs to be on a team because he can contribute to a squad. Gay or not gay he wasnt playing this season because he wasnt good enough... not that he is gay doesnt make him a better player? But i understand they are trying to build a feel good story of the guy who went public and it resurrected his career and all that stuff.

TDO
TSB W-L-T: 405-1216-8

Postby TDO » Wed May 01, 2013 4:13 pm

wow, i'm scared....i agree with joey. HELP ME. but seriously what joey said is well put and my point.
Antiquity League- Federal League Champions 1982, 1985

tecmoaddict
Florida
Florida
TSB W-L-T: 3 Titles!

Postby tecmoaddict » Wed May 01, 2013 9:32 pm

I agree as well. Although I don't know many gay people, I don't have a problem if someone is or not. It is someone's choice on who you are attracted to, and you can't ding someone for liking someone different. You can't help who you love in life.
TECMOCOWBOYSNTA Season 1 Champion (13-2)
TECMOCOWBOYSNTA Season 2 Champion (12-4)
TECMOCOWBOYSTTL Season 1 Champion (7-5)

BRONCOS ATA Season 24 Runner-Up (15-4)

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Thu May 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Gats is spot on when it comes to the silliness of it being cool to come out and be gay. Collins should be respected as any other player in the NBA. He's a mediocre player whose getting interviews left and right and all of sudden people are talking about his revived career that is taking place. I don't see other 11th guy bench players getting this kind of attention for their different lifestyle choices. If being gay is no big deal and should be acceptable, why make such a spectacle over it?

As far as the rightness of it. I'm completely contrary to most here. I do not agree with that kind of lifestyle choice, just as I wouldn't agree with a lifestyle choice of drugs, lying, abuse, etc... (Yes, I view it as a choice. But I do recognize that some people are more likely and more wired to these choices) God views homosexuality as a sin, and I'm not going to celebrate it. However... I will say this. I have no problem with the man and the person of Jason Collins. I view him the same now as before he announced his homosexuality, a sinner in desperate need of Jesus Christ. And this is where I view every individual, including myself. There is only one race and it's human. Race, sex, variance of sin.... it doesn't matter, we are all human and Jesus Christ died for humanity. He didn't die for whites, blacks, straights, gays, whatever, He died for the whole of humanity.

In a land where freedom is celebrated and the opinions of individuals are encouraged to be expressed, it's amazing that everyone can have a conviction on this matter, except the Christian. I am aware of over the top, un Christ like church folk, who picket rallies and thump with Bibles. I'm talking about true Christians who voice their conviction over the matter. Go and announce a personal lifestyle choice that is hip and popular and the masses are excited. Tell someone you love Jesus Christ and believe in the Bible and you are thought of as a backward idiot.

rant/
League Regular Season Record: 193-81
League Playoff Record: 15-12
TPC Recored: 163-55

The513Boy4Life
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Postby The513Boy4Life » Thu May 02, 2013 2:01 pm

gats spot on my man.... i have no problem with someone being gay... just do not do that lovey dovey stuff around me.... other than that i am perfectly fine.. but congratulating someone on being gay? i just dont get it....
Current Leagues-

Image SEASON IV
Image SEASON V DOLPHINS AKA LINDENWALD CRUSADERS

Titles (1): CULT III- DOLPHINS

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LIVE TOURNAMENTS:

Youngstown: Sweet 16|Midwest VI: Sweet 16| Madison X: Gannonball Run- Rd of 64|Buffalo Bounty II: 5th |Midwest VII: Sweet 16
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
AIM: DizzleWear@yahoo.com|TPC: 513Boy4Life|Twitter:@513Boy4Life | Email: vogtjd2@miamioh.edu

TDO
TSB W-L-T: 405-1216-8

Postby TDO » Thu May 02, 2013 2:06 pm

Matlisab wrote:Gats is spot on when it comes to the silliness of it being cool to come out and be gay. Collins should be respected as any other player in the NBA. He's a mediocre player whose getting interviews left and right and all of sudden people are talking about his revived career that is taking place. I don't see other 11th guy bench players getting this kind of attention for their different lifestyle choices. If being gay is no big deal and should be acceptable, why make such a spectacle over it?

As far as the rightness of it. I'm completely contrary to most here. I do not agree with that kind of lifestyle choice, just as I wouldn't agree with a lifestyle choice of drugs, lying, abuse, etc... (Yes, I view it as a choice. But I do recognize that some people are more likely and more wired to these choices) God views homosexuality as a sin, and I'm not going to celebrate it. However... I will say this. I have no problem with the man and the person of Jason Collins. I view him the same now as before he announced his homosexuality, a sinner in desperate need of Jesus Christ. And this is where I view every individual, including myself. There is only one race and it's human. Race, sex, variance of sin.... it doesn't matter, we are all human and Jesus Christ died for humanity. He didn't die for whites, blacks, straights, gays, whatever, He died for the whole of humanity.

In a land where freedom is celebrated and the opinions of individuals are encouraged to be expressed, it's amazing that everyone can have a conviction on this matter, except the Christian. I am aware of over the top, un Christ like church folk, who picket rallies and thump with Bibles. I'm talking about true Christians who voice their conviction over the matter. Go and announce a personal lifestyle choice that is hip and popular and the masses are excited. Tell someone you love Jesus Christ and believe in the Bible and you are thought of as a backward idiot.

rant/

:like: :like:
Antiquity League- Federal League Champions 1982, 1985

Return to “Beliefs & Politics”