Trayvon Martin case

Discussions about religious, spirtual, philosphical, scientific, and political beliefs.
YES we admit to mixing church and state
Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Trayvon Martin case

Postby Matlisab » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:25 am

Obviously it's terrible a young man has lost his life and a family is mourning the death of their son.

Following the case from a distance the testimonies and evidence seemed to suggest self defense.

It's easy for me to sit and judge the situation on this side of the computer screen, but I'm curious if anyone else has followed the trial?

Also, I hate that it has somehow turned into a race thing. Like it's some horrific event against the black community. I'm sorry, it's a human issue.

Unless you have a martian in your pocket, there is only one race, it's called human.
League Regular Season Record: 193-81
League Playoff Record: 15-12
TPC Recored: 163-55

Lefty21
Rookie
Rookie
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Re: Trayvon Martin case

Postby Lefty21 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:28 am

Man oh man if my girl could be here to give her input. She has literally listened and watched ever since the trial started. Her facebook and Twitter is filled with this case lol. I do know this. And i bet you she would make an account on here just to give you her thought about it lol.
***2008 MidWest Tourney Champ***
***TCS Season 10 National Champs***
***TBL Seasons 4 & 6 Champs***
***NTL Season 3 Champs***
***Nestopia Season 2 Champs***
***NWO Season 5 Champs***
***HSTL Season 14 Champs***
***ATA Season 14 Champs***
***CTL 1994 Champs***
***SNFL Seasons 1 & 2 Champs***
***ETL Season 1 Champs***
***PTL Season 3 Champs***
***WTFR 1971 Champs***
***WTF Season 11 Champs***

***WTF Season 14 Champs***
WTF 2.0 CHARGERS
TCA S2 TCSOREGON

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:32 am

Lefty21 wrote:Man oh man if my girl could be here to give her input. She has literally listened and watched ever since the trial started. Her facebook and Twitter is filled with this case lol. I do know this. And i bet you she would make an account on here just to give you her thought about it lol.

What does she think? Do you agree with her?

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:23 pm

i hate people who make it a race issue. it is obviously a issue of class and race. if he was a poor white man from the projects he would of been found guilty. so class definitely plays a big part. but i do think he should of got 15 years or more
Rest in Peace mikeyscull - one of the best players to ever play online

think your good at tecmo and want to prove it? then join the action today! viewtopic.php?f=1118&t=43242

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:03 pm

joeegats wrote:i hate people who make it a race issue. it is obviously a issue of class and race. if he was a poor white man from the projects he would of been found guilty. so class definitely plays a big part. but i do think he should of got 15 years or more

What?

You hate people who make it a race issue, then you immediately make it a race issue yourself.

So if I follow you correctly, because the man was white/hispanic mix and had a job he was let go?

But if he had just been only white, and poor he would have been found guilty?

Also, what makes you think the jury got it wrong? Testimony and evidence seemed to show self defense.

regulator088
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 21 Titles

Postby regulator088 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:47 pm

The fact that we know about this case at all and are living all over the United States is pathetic in itself. White kills white... no news..... Mexican kills Mexican..... no news...... Black kills black..... no news. God forbid if you mix and match, then it's national television. I don't really care if it was self-defense or not. I'm ashamed of the national media. That's why I didn't watch any of the trial or news about it. We just feed the media and the issue gets worse by watching. If no one watches, then no one covers the stories.
Play games, say GG, do recaps..... Harmony in tecmo

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:58 pm

regulator088 wrote:The fact that we know about this case at all and are living all over the United States is pathetic in itself. White kills white... no news..... Mexican kills Mexican..... no news...... Black kills black..... no news. God forbid if you mix and match, then it's national television. I don't really care if it was self-defense or not. I'm ashamed of the national media. That's why I didn't watch any of the trial or news about it. We just feed the media and the issue gets worse by watching. If no one watches, then no one covers the stories.

same way i feel. will racism ever die? ugh

think your good at tecmo and want to prove it? then join the action today! viewtopic.php?f=1118&t=43242

regulator088
All-Star
All-Star

Postby regulator088 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:52 pm

joeegats wrote:it is obviously a issue of class and race. if he was a poor white man from the projects he would of been found guilty. so class definitely plays a big part

So what you're saying is I can go kill people cause I'm not poor!?

The513Boy4Life
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby The513Boy4Life » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:37 pm

followed the case from start to finish as well..... the evidence was so clear for self defense.. o'mara's closing statement that lasted almost 3 hours was the difference for me... he made it so clear that zimmerman didnt do it and that he was the one screaming for help.... props on o maras part... to me, i thought this was clear self evidence and a great trial to watch, it is interesting how this case brought out the racial issue..... racism will never end IMO thats just how i feel... its a shame but its life.... and as far as im concerned, their is one race, human, im right along with mat.... very good call
Current Leagues-

Image SEASON IV
Image SEASON V DOLPHINS AKA LINDENWALD CRUSADERS

Titles (1): CULT III- DOLPHINS

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LIVE TOURNAMENTS:

Youngstown: Sweet 16|Midwest VI: Sweet 16| Madison X: Gannonball Run- Rd of 64|Buffalo Bounty II: 5th |Midwest VII: Sweet 16
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
AIM: DizzleWear@yahoo.com|TPC: 513Boy4Life|Twitter:@513Boy4Life | Email: vogtjd2@miamioh.edu

discdolo
All-Star
All-Star

Postby discdolo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:30 am

What I got and which is why i disagree with the verdict was that Zimmerman pursued Trayvon and initiated said conflict. Trayvon was unarmed and was not commiting any crime. From personal experience as a person of color I have dealt with profiling by police, department store security etc because of my appearance. Zimmerman refused to listen to the authorities so I believe he was a vigilante in this case.
The Jim Kelly of Tecmo!!

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:36 am

discdolo wrote:What I got and which is why i disagree with the verdict was that Zimmerman pursued Trayvon and initiated said conflict. Trayvon was unarmed and was not commiting any crime. From personal experience as a person of color I have dealt with profiling by police, department store security etc because of my appearance. Zimmerman refused to listen to the authorities so I believe he was a vigilante in this case.

definitely.

tecmoaddict
Florida
Florida
TSB W-L-T: 3 Titles!

Postby tecmoaddict » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:45 am

I don't want to get involved because only 1 person who is still living knows what really happened and that's Zimmerman. I do think that it looks bad for Zimmerman that he was advised to stay in his car and not to pursue Martin. He went the other way on that one and got into an altercation and killed someone unarmed. My personal opinion is that Zimmerman approached Martin and that his tone & the way he handled the situation made it go too far. But we will never know and we all could go back and forth on this all day.
TECMOCOWBOYSNTA Season 1 Champion (13-2)
TECMOCOWBOYSNTA Season 2 Champion (12-4)
TECMOCOWBOYSTTL Season 1 Champion (7-5)

BRONCOS ATA Season 24 Runner-Up (15-4)

discdolo
All-Star
All-Star

Postby discdolo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:48 am

very good point addict.. basically zimmerman and trayvon only know what happened that night. we do know he pursued him with deadly force, and trayvon was unarmed and not committing any crime.. its very sad.
The Jim Kelly of Tecmo!!

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:55 am

nae what is said is how people only care cause this was white on black. we got people in chicago, philly, det, etc... killing eachother everyday and don't nobody care. but soon as its white on black it is national news.. meh.

DAMFNDRZA
All-Star
All-Star

Postby DAMFNDRZA » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:11 am

My understanding is that Zimmerman was getting his ass beat by Martin. Martin had him pinned down and Zimmerman shot. Zimmerman may have deserved the ass beating that was taking place. That really doesn't matter. My opinion is that it's not right to shoot someone who is unarmed. I would vote him guilty for murder.

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

Postby TSBGOD » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:03 am

This was a very tough case to predict or to be a jury in the case I assume. The one thing that obviously Zimmerman did wrong was to follow Trayvon. Other than that, this was a shut and close case of self defense. In no way was this murder or even manslaughter. I mean it's sad that a kid was killed, but as easy as Zimmerman could of not of followed Trayvon, the same can go for Trayvon, he could of just ran away instead of getting into an altercation. People who use race in this case are very foolish, it's get very old, very quickly. It makes me laugh when people of color who really did not watch the case, nor knows anything other than a black kid was killed.They are crying bloody murder now. Really? Pathetic....Where were these same people when O.J. Simpson got away with first degree murder of two people? Where was reverend Sharpton? That guy makes me completely ill when I hear him speak. Trust me, I have not one bone in my body that is racist in anyway, just cant stand it when people use the race card when things like this happen. Two sad things in this case..a kid will never grow up to experience life the way most do, and a guy will never be safe anymore even though the justice system found him not guilty. We shoudl respect the justice system as we respect ourselves. The crazy part is how can a man like Zimmerman follow people like he did and not be able to defend himself with his hands . Ok, enough of this rant, I am not a popular friend to many of my friends after this case :)

discdolo
All-Star
All-Star

Postby discdolo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:20 pm

why should trayvon martin have to run? what wrong did he do? And whos to say the cowboy wouldnt have chased him if he already didn't follow orders from the authorities to not pursue..
The Jim Kelly of Tecmo!!

regulator088
All-Star
All-Star

Postby regulator088 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:34 pm

discdolo wrote:why should trayvon martin have to run? what wrong did he do? And whos to say the cowboy wouldnt have chased him if he already didn't follow orders from the authorities to not pursue..

Your subtleties are amusing calling Zimmerman a cowboy. "Creepy ass cracker" sounds too racist doesn't it?

The point is Trayvon started beating him up.... he didn't have to. Zimmerman felt his life was in danger and took action that Florida law clearly stated was appropriate.

We all know Zimmerman shouldn't have followed, and for that his life will never be the same. I doubt he was out to kill Trayvon intentionally. Normally people don't call the cops and tell them they are following someone before they chase them down and kill them (If Trayvon just ran away).

What Trayvon did wrong was use physical force against Zimmerman. The court has spoken, there are bigger fish in the world to fry.

Both guys were wrong in the situation. It is very unfortunate what transpired.

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:58 pm

zimmerman is guilty period. i just do not like it is a race issue, which this thread proves 100% it is. but it is also a inner city vs suburb issue as well. all the suburbs are saying zimmerman did the right thing and all the inner city is saying he was guilty.

regulator088
All-Star
All-Star

Postby regulator088 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:04 pm

joeegats wrote:zimmerman is guilty period. i just do not like it is a race issue, which this thread proves 100% it is. but it is also a inner city vs suburb issue as well. all the suburbs are saying zimmerman did the right thing and all the inner city is saying he was guilty.

If Joey keep making posts like this, the thread needs locked. I hope your referring to outside the tecmo world.

joeygats
All-Star
All-Star

Postby joeygats » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:29 pm

its clear all the white people from the county are riding with zimmerman. he followed someone even tho he was told to stand down then shot him unarmed. it don't take hindsight to see he was in the wrong...smh

discdolo
All-Star
All-Star

Postby discdolo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Normal people don't continue to chase folks after authorities told them not to. Creepy ass cracker is a slur, but what does that determine? He did not commit any crime and was going about his business unarmed before being pursued by an armed man
The Jim Kelly of Tecmo!!

discdolo
All-Star
All-Star

Postby discdolo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:50 pm

in terms of the race issue i referred to racial profiling. Not sure if anyone has dealt with it but its frustrating and has lead to very unfortunate situations, especially here in nyc and with the case being someone using unnecessary force vs an unarmed innocent person. Thats my reality growing up in the inner city as a young latino male. Hence the ill feeling towards police in my neighborhoods. I have been illegally searched, followed and even had a gun put to my head by police in the Bronx. all for what ? Looking suspicious??
The Jim Kelly of Tecmo!!

regulator088
All-Star
All-Star

Postby regulator088 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:09 pm

discdolo wrote:in terms of the race issue i referred to racial profiling. Not sure if anyone has dealt with it but its frustrating and has lead to very unfortunate situations, especially here in nyc and with the case being someone using unnecessary force vs an unarmed innocent person. Thats my reality growing up in the inner city as a young latino male. Hence the ill feeling towards police in my neighborhoods. I have been illegally searched, followed and even had a gun put to my head by police in the Bronx. all for what ? Looking suspicious??

Your correct on the profiling and obv don't need me to tell you that. However, that doesn't mean Trayvon had to physically get violent with Zimmerman. You didn't, and while what happened to you was unfair, no one ended up dead because you kept your cool.

discdolo
All-Star
All-Star

Postby discdolo » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:21 pm

Even in keeping cool I could have been killed. It has happened before. I was fortunate. I personally know cases of Undercover officers who approached people and got into altercations. If someone approaches me I do have a right to defend myself as well. Especially if its an armed person. Those are situations that have happened.
The Jim Kelly of Tecmo!!

Return to “Beliefs & Politics”