Touching story but I agreed with someone who posted.

Discussions about religious, spirtual, philosphical, scientific, and political beliefs.
YES we admit to mixing church and state
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

Touching story but I agreed with someone who posted.

Postby TSBGOD » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:49 am

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/12-yea ... 37567.html

Read the article first then this is some of the posts under the article. I do not agree with the person calling God a prick but do agree with his other thoughts. 100% accurate.

What the father said is the same thing a lot of people say when someone dies which bothers me. Let me try to understand the logic here:

These parents have a kid which means the world to them, and 12 years later God decides he loves her more than them so he says "yoink,"killing her with (of all things) pneumonia? What a prick.

Seriously though, God didn't take your daughter bud, she died by chance from one, out of about a million other things that could have killed her or any of us randomly. He didn't infect her with pneumonia because he loved her so, he didn't send Adam Lanza to Sandy hook because he loved all those elementary students, and he didn't crash the car Paul Walker was in, nor does he throw cancer at people because he 'needs' them in Heaven (what would GOD need US for?)

Yes you're a Christian and that's fine, but you can be a Christian and still use your head. I don't particularly care if I did, but not trying to offend mind you. In any case, thumbs down is that-away. -->

regulator088
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 21 Titles

Re: Touching story but I agreed with someone who posted.

Postby regulator088 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:09 pm

To completely simplify it, why things happen can really be answered in 4 words..... Free will and evolution

God doesn't stop evolution and God doesn't stop people from killing people. You have to have faith to understand this. Free will makes us human, the ability to make choices.

Disease, cancer, ect... is all part of evolution and just part of the trials we try to overcome in our lifetime. No faith, no understanding.... thats what FAITH is lol.
Play games, say GG, do recaps..... Harmony in tecmo

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:42 am

regulator088 wrote:To completely simplify it, why things happen can really be answered in 4 words..... Free will and evolution

God doesn't stop evolution and God doesn't stop people from killing people. You have to have faith to understand this. Free will makes us human, the ability to make choices.

Disease, cancer, ect... is all part of evolution and just part of the trials we try to overcome in our lifetime. No faith, no understanding.... thats what FAITH is lol.

Agreed...Just cant stand it when people say God took my baby, it was his/her time.. God does not do that. It was random. It's ok to have faith, but common sense should go along with it. Ridiculous sometimes to hear non sense like that . God cannot do anything for us, good or bad. We can believe in faith, but that is all it is. If it is your time to go, it is your time to go! Nothing to do with the almighty one. I do feel for this family though.

regulator088
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 21 Titles

Postby regulator088 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:49 am

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.... you don't believe in faith.... faith is believing..... I believe God does things for us everyday. I don't believe you can blame him for diseases and death.... that's a natural part of life and evolution.
Play games, say GG, do recaps..... Harmony in tecmo

Matlisab
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Matlisab » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:23 pm

regulator088 wrote:To completely simplify it, why things happen can really be answered in 4 words..... Free will and evolution

Some good thoughts here and I generally agree. I'll push back a little however on God's lack of involvement in evolution and killing in your quote. Scripture both affirms his continual upholding of the world and in effect everyone in it. The consequences of death, disease, murder, etc... are directly related to the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden and the sinfulness/corruption of the world we live in. (According to Scripture ofcourse, not common or secular opinion)

Good word on tying faith and belief together! They are interchangeable. Believing is faith. Faith is believing.
League Regular Season Record: 193-81
League Playoff Record: 15-12
TPC Recored: 163-55

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby TSBGOD » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:39 pm

regulator088 wrote:I think you misunderstood what I was saying.... you don't believe in faith.... faith is believing..... I believe God does things for us everyday. I don't believe you can blame him for diseases and death.... that's a natural part of life and evolution.

What does God do for us everyday? If you cannot blame him for certain things, you sure the hell cannot praise or thank him for anything. He created this world, that is the end of what he can do for us. You can believe all you want, and if that makes you sleep better at night, so be it. To each their own.

If I cannot blame God for my child dying, I surely cannot thank him for what I have in life or anything good that happens. FREE WILL INDEED! I think most church going people are brain washed to an extent. It's pretty pathetic when we really do not know, we just have to BELIEVE!

Return to “Beliefs & Politics”