Is there a God?

Discussions about religious, spirtual, philosphical, scientific, and political beliefs.
YES we admit to mixing church and state
User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Is there a God?

Postby TSBGOD » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:00 pm


clarkham
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 2679
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:41 pm
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Is there a God?

Postby clarkham » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:40 am

Are you trying to say that God doesn't exist, because no God would let bad things happen to good people like this?

Here's my stab at that, because even though I also am a skeptic, I'm at least a spiritual person.

Dumb and smart, pretty and ugly, good and bad, etc are labels that mortal man created. They dont exist in the spiritual world. This was not a good man that something bad happened to. This was just a man, and he just died. Its no different than the 90 year old woman who died so called "peacefully". Again, "peaceful" is just a label that man created, as is the "long" that we call her 90 years of life. To understand the universe, you have to think outside of the human box. You have to understand that we are spiritual beings simply living a human experience. You cannot use human perception to explain spiritual forces. Its like trying to use logic to explain irrational female behaviors. By definition, it just doesnt work.

This was not a good thing nor a bad thing that happened to this man. It was just a thing, and it just was. Ponder that.
TTL XX LIONS & FALCONS

TTL commissioner
Five-Time Online Champion (XFL I, XFL XII, CTL XIX, TTL XIV, TTL XVII)
AIM: clarkhamilton1

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is there a God?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:12 am

I dont believe that. What I do believe is, people die, and God has nothing to do with it. When good happens, people thank god. He has nothing to do with good or bad, Evil or good. Stuff happens, and it is not for that reason of God. Just sucks that people believe this crap.

clarkham
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 2679
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:41 pm
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Is there a God?

Postby clarkham » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:52 am

Right. Shit just happens, which means you're essentially agreeing with me.

Why does it suck that people believe this crap though? Why does it matter to you?
Why do you feel the need to keep posting this stuff, and criticizing other peoples beliefs?
TTL XX LIONS & FALCONS

TTL commissioner
Five-Time Online Champion (XFL I, XFL XII, CTL XIX, TTL XIV, TTL XVII)
AIM: clarkhamilton1

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is there a God?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:35 pm

clarkham wrote:Right. Shit just happens, which means you're essentially agreeing with me.

Why does it suck that people believe this crap though? Why does it matter to you?
Why do you feel the need to keep posting this stuff, and criticizing other peoples beliefs?


Not criticizing at all..really just questioning and trying to get peoples thoughts Clark. I like info, that why it matters to me Clark. I like to hear both sides to a story, a belief, reasons...etc...Don't dig into man lol

clarkham
All-Star
All-Star
Posts: 2679
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:41 pm
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: Is there a God?

Postby clarkham » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:06 pm

But you said "sucks that people believe this crap". I challenge to think about that, and to ask yourself why this bothers you. That's all. I didn't mean to dig into you.
TTL XX LIONS & FALCONS

TTL commissioner
Five-Time Online Champion (XFL I, XFL XII, CTL XIX, TTL XIV, TTL XVII)
AIM: clarkhamilton1

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is there a God?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:36 pm

Because it is laughable...It's all random, nothing else. You can have beliefs, but common sense is always better lol. It really does not bother me, just putting it out there. You can have beliefs, just makes no sense sometimes.

User avatar
justinpeters51
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:43 pm
TSB W-L-T: 185-0-0
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Is there a God?

Postby justinpeters51 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:39 pm

clarkham wrote:Are you trying to say that God doesn't exist, because no God would let bad things happen to good people like this?

Here's my stab at that, because even though I also am a skeptic, I'm at least a spiritual person.

Dumb and smart, pretty and ugly, good and bad, etc are labels that mortal man created. They dont exist in the spiritual world. This was not a good man that something bad happened to. This was just a man, and he just died. Its no different than the 90 year old woman who died so called "peacefully". Again, "peaceful" is just a label that man created, as is the "long" that we call her 90 years of life. To understand the universe, you have to think outside of the human box. You have to understand that we are spiritual beings simply living a human experience. You cannot use human perception to explain spiritual forces. Its like trying to use logic to explain irrational female behaviors. By definition, it just doesnt work.

This was not a good thing nor a bad thing that happened to this man. It was just a thing, and it just was. Ponder that.


see TSB is a dude that believes in and hates God. He is prolly the biggest God hating Agnostic that I know.

User avatar
justinpeters51
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:43 pm
TSB W-L-T: 185-0-0
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Is there a God?

Postby justinpeters51 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:40 pm

TSBGOD wrote:
clarkham wrote:Right. Shit just happens, which means you're essentially agreeing with me.

Why does it suck that people believe this crap though? Why does it matter to you?
Why do you feel the need to keep posting this stuff, and criticizing other peoples beliefs?


Not criticizing at all..really just questioning and trying to get peoples thoughts Clark. I like info, that why it matters to me Clark. I like to hear both sides to a story, a belief, reasons...etc...Don't dig into man lol


I disagree, I think your reason is hoping to get another person to hate God also cause it never seems you let someone express their view, you always jump on it and go off on your tangent.

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is there a God?

Postby TSBGOD » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:10 pm

WOW...I do not hate God at all. That is an ignorant comment to be honest. I have never said a bad word about God, nor would I ever. All I ever said is he cannot help us once we are created, good or bad, he has no say. We control what happens, not a higher power. Not sure where you got all that hate from Justin :)

User avatar
justinpeters51
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:43 pm
TSB W-L-T: 185-0-0
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Is there a God?

Postby justinpeters51 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:28 pm

Holy cow just read your posts, you never said you hate God but it is sure implied how you rip into him at every mention. I watch a lot of law and order and Criminal Minds so i am sure i am reading you right. Or maybe i Am wrong and you just attack God for the debat.

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is there a God?

Postby TSBGOD » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:05 pm

justinpeters51 wrote:Holy cow just read your posts, you never said you hate God but it is sure implied how you rip into him at every mention. I watch a lot of law and order and Criminal Minds so i am sure i am reading you right. Or maybe i Am wrong and you just attack God for the debat.


LOL..I am not attacking God at all. I do like a good debate, that is good for the heart , mind, and soul for sure. I am just giving my take on things, nothing more than that. GOD is GREAT! I am ripping into more of some beliefs, than actual God itself. God is our creator.....the rest is up to us. Not sure how you get from that I am ripping God.

User avatar
justinpeters51
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:43 pm
TSB W-L-T: 185-0-0
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Is there a God?

Postby justinpeters51 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:03 pm

I guess I got that on how you attack every statement about faith and believing, but I stand corrected.

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is there a God?

Postby TSBGOD » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Just like this....God cannot stop things like this from happening, but I bet most of the ones that survived will thank God they made it through this. It makes no sense to me that there are people like this. I know I am questioning people's beliefs, but I am more so questioning people's common sense. Not trying to be rude, or make a mockery out of anyone's religion, and their beliefs, but wake up people and realize that God is not saving you from anyone, not even yourself.
Attachments
GOD.jpg
GOD.jpg (130.84 KiB) Viewed 286 times

User avatar
justinpeters51
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
Posts: 777
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:43 pm
TSB W-L-T: 185-0-0
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Is there a God?

Postby justinpeters51 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:10 pm

I get ya there.

I will take a neutral approach here. Just looking at the world with out the debate of God or not.
That example above may be crazy to you, but look around at the world and news and all the stuff you see going on in the world. You have to come to the conclusion that people in general are complete morons!! Look at all the dumb stuff they do, believe and say. Just watching black friday videos alone has me thinking and questing peoples beliefs and actions. Stealing a gift out of a kids hand so you can get it for your kid? It is also crazy for people to shoot each other. seemingly normal people turn up killing someone one or abusing someone and shock a whole community, school shootings, human trafficing, seemingly good family man getting busted hiring a prostitute. And on and on and on, you see it all over in the news. Everywhere you look people are making dumb decisions. So the scenario above is just one of many examples that people are dumb. I would say you prolly wont get a good answer to why... but if you want to debate that is fine, but sooner or later youll have to just come to the conclusion that people are dumb and do really dumb things that you dont get.

MattyD
Up and Comer
Up and Comer
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: The Pocono's, Pennsylvania
Has thanked: 93 times
Been thanked: 52 times
Contact:

Re: Is there a God?

Postby MattyD » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:33 pm

I believe God does exist. I believe that the world is wicked due to people's free choice given a set of laws they break. Some things I have always wondered about outside of the box-- is how come if we evolved from apes we have not yet seen that happen. And, why would we lose fur if we evolved? Just to clothe ourselves? Makes no sense to me. Then also babies. Human babies are so helpless they need aid for them to grow and develop. No way a baby was put in a perfect 80 degree climate by a stream and berry tree for them to grow up on their own. Some intervention by something had to have happened. Someone, something made the world, made creatures and made humans.

User avatar
TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 am
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES
Location: HOME OF THE MOST NBA TITLES...17!
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 50 times
Contact:

Re: Is there a God?

Postby TSBGOD » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Well...it is obvious we did not evolve from apes....There is no real answer because nobody even knows. It will be a mystery forever.


Return to “Beliefs & Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest