NYG at Indianapolis

Mid90sMatt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

NYG at Indianapolis

Postby Mid90sMatt » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:41 am

Giants at Colts

These two coaches had met before and it has always been a close game. This game was no exception as the Colts won 13 - 14 after a trade off of TDs in the 4th quarter.

(skip to bottom for short version)

1st Quarter

Colts return the ball but Kelly (Colts - QB) quickly overthrows an INT right into the hands of Griffin. The Colts defense picks up its first of five sacks of the game and holds the Giants to a long FG which proved too long for kicker Lee Elliot.

Kelly is sacked during the Colts drive from the middle of the field but a CC to TE Mike Pritchard was enough to get a easy TD pass to Brown.

0 - 7

Giants take off with a 21 yard run by Lorenzo white to end the first quarter.

2nd Quarter 0 - 7

After a sack, the Giants go for a field goal from the 20 which they make.

3 - 7

As the Colts begin their drive Foster gives up his second fumble in three games but once again, LB Junior Seau pulls through with a sack after going into good (69 MS), holding the Giants to another FG.

6 - 7

At the end of the half, Kelly is sacked and for some reason, the Colts go for one last run from their own 1st yard line, Foster is caught up in the endzone but breaks the tackle and makes it out to end the half.

3rd Quarter 6 - 7

Nothing happens in the 3rd quarter except Dan Marino connects with WR Hill with 2 CCs but are stopped in the redzone. Even so, the Giants go for it on 4th down but White fumbles it and it is returned for several yards.

4th Quarter 6 - 7

The Colts drive down the field but are then held in the redzone much like the Giants but decide to go for a short FG instead. It's a miss and the Giants get another chance to take the lead.

Marino takes advantage of this with JJs and CCs ending with a diving catch in coverage in the endzone. With 3 minutes left, the Giants had the lead.

13 - 7

The Colts had lost their last 2 games because of opposing team's passing attack. Their DBs are just too weak to swat the ball or prevent JJs but this week they would prevail as Kelly through his own monster JJ.

As the Colts sat at the 15 yard line, Foster ran a sweep-down run and literally ran through several of his own team members and defenders in the opposite direction to pull of his first TD of the game.

13 - 14

The Giants continued with another few CCs but were held on their own side of the field. The Colts used up the rest of the clock and the game was over.

Giants: 13, Colts: 14. Both missed a FG. It was a fight till the bitter end.
Proud Commissioner of: The LPI
Proud Member of: The TSBL

TecmoTurd
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Re: NYG at Indianapolis

Postby TecmoTurd » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:59 am

I threw up a desperation JJ cause everyone was covered...you dropped back on first down and launched it up with a lot of time left for your JJ. Still, I'm over it, that's how it goes, it was a game filled with tons of luck on both sides. I can't believe I didn't drop you for a safety in the end-zone at the half. Honestly, with Seau in good at 69MS, if I wasn't in shotgun, I couldn't get the ball off. He was able to rush in and I would begin tapping A immediately, but Marino couldn't get it off in time. No way around that...still, you played some good D and ran pretty consistent offense, and deserved the win. GG...

Next time we meet, I hope Seau isn't in good...

Giants drop to 2-2 and move on to face Chaos next...I better start unwrapping the chalk and practicing my "L's"

Mid90sMatt
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Re: NYG at Indianapolis

Postby Mid90sMatt » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:14 am

It seemed like every possession in this game mattered.

Those FGs we missed
That 4th down conversion you tried (instead of FG?)
The almost-safety

All would have changed that 1 point difference.
Proud Commissioner of: The LPI
Proud Member of: The TSBL

Return to “TSBL Game Recaps”