Season IX Status

Moderator: XFL

Suicideking81
All-Star
All-Star
TSB W-L-T: 0-0-0

Season IX Status

Postby Suicideking81 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:44 pm

What shall we do with this season? Half the league has unplayed games, deadline was 2 weeks from final rom release. The extra week was built in the the release schedule to eliminate this issue and obviously it has not helped.

I am disappointed to say the least. This effort is the kind that makes me not want to continue playing or running a league.......
Swamp Bowl II Champ
Battle from the Bayou Champ (2015)
CT Tecmo 8 Champ
Tecmo Texas III - 2nd place

Nos
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Season IX Status

Postby Nos » Mon May 18, 2015 8:39 pm

The problem with leagues these days is the passive nature of everyone in regards to playing games. If I didn't hunt down Cotton, hunt down Ziur, hunt down -- insert AIM handle here -- the games don't get played. Very few people ask me for league games. I count 2 or 3 guys in this league who do.

Where is bucsfan? He was contributing regularly to the boards with power rankings and the like, and now he is 1-6 with no sign of existence in at least 2-3 weeks, if not longer.

So he is single handedly involved in 3 of the 4 games that have not been played. The only game not involving him -- Ziur vs. Cotton -- both of whom I mentioned above.

Ziur is at least online all the time, and I've been able to schedule with him by being active, not passive. Cotton is just hardly ever available, IMO. However, when I got really active, sent him a PM, posted a scheduling post, the game got in.

No league is immune to passive scheduling.

I think for next season, in season deadlines with demerits / warnings / whatever you want to call them like HSTL / HSRL / ATA, etc. all use, are necessary.

Why bucsfan was allowed to not have any contact with anyone for 3 weeks isn't the fault of the league members, but partly resides on the shoulders of the commissioner.

These issues are some of the reasons I quit online tecmo the first time, and I can see my time on here may be limited again because of the effort it takes to play games these days.

IMO...

Bucsfan -- boot
Cotton -- potential boot
Ziur -- potential boot

Bring in drake, bring in war machine, bring in disastamasta, bring in any of these guys who just want to play games and are easy to schedule with. It's obvious who cares and who doesn't.
Live: Swamp Bowl 1 (2nd Place), Cajun Classic 1 (Champion)

Online Championships (12): ATA 8,9,12; HSRL '74; SEXAY 4, STL 2,7; TCS 1,4; XFL 4,8,10

Online Runner Ups (13): ATA 3, CTL 1, HSTL 7,13,29; SOTL 1, STL 9, TCS 5,8; XFL 6,7,11,12

Suicideking81
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Suicideking81 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:49 pm

I cannot agree more with everything you stated above. Guys have disappeared or get the whatever mindset, it happens.

The problem with getting guys who are easily reached is they don't want to play in XFL. Reasons such as I dont like that guy, not enough competition, I don't like grapple hack, ratings are too low, rom I too wierd and even guys saying XFL doesn't have prestige....whatever that means.

Booting is simple but finding a quality replacement is difficult.

Ziur always has been late getting games in.
Bucsfan just disappeared.
Cotton...... I'm not sure......

The penalties and demerit system works only if people care, so if guys don't care what good is it?

I just really think that XFL is not respected for whatever reason. I do think guys in other leagues draft JJ/Back and B combos and win that way and since crap like that just doesn't happen here guys lose interest. I D believe XFL is one of the most competitive league around, but only few see it that way.

I think next season it might just open all weeks to be played from the start. Not sure if it will solve the problem.
Swamp Bowl II Champ
CT Tecmo 8 Champ

Suicideking81
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Suicideking81 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:50 pm

If anyone knows anyone who wants in let me know
Swamp Bowl II Champ
CT Tecmo 8 Champ

bgboud2
Starter
Starter

Postby bgboud2 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:18 am

Maybe an ashole...you lobbied heavily for an ashole last year
XFL BOLTS S3 12-0

tecmodactyl.................................................bgboud2

Nos
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Nos » Tue May 19, 2015 4:31 pm

After May 30, we should have 4 of the 8 owners having attended live tournaments in Houma. That's half the league with some reliability. I don't know if ashole is reliable though.
Live: Swamp Bowl 1 (2nd Place), Cajun Classic 1 (Champion)

Online Championships (12): ATA 8,9,12; HSRL '74; SEXAY 4, STL 2,7; TCS 1,4; XFL 4,8,10

Online Runner Ups (13): ATA 3, CTL 1, HSTL 7,13,29; SOTL 1, STL 9, TCS 5,8; XFL 6,7,11,12

bgboud2
Starter
Starter

Postby bgboud2 » Tue May 19, 2015 4:47 pm

He is definitely not reliable. Inside joke.
XFL BOLTS S3 12-0

TSBGOD
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TSB W-L-T: 19 TECMO TITLES

Postby TSBGOD » Tue May 19, 2015 6:32 pm

AHHHHH Hello...

Suicideking81
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Suicideking81 » Tue May 19, 2015 10:45 pm

TSBGOD wrote:AHHHHH Hello...

You are in don't worry. Just trying to get the current season wrapped up.
Swamp Bowl II Champ
CT Tecmo 8 Champ

Suicideking81
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Suicideking81 » Tue May 19, 2015 10:59 pm

Bolts and Maniax have seasons complete and are in the playoffs. Outlaws have 1 game left (Bucsfan who is MIA) and has posted to get it in for a while. The game has zero playoff implications so the Outlaws get in the playoffs. Ziur rarely has posted anything for getting games in, nor has he responded to guys trying to schedule with him. 1 is vs Bucsfan who has disappeared the other is vs. cotton who hard to reach at times.

So does Ziur get in the playoffs or does the Rage benefit from the Xtremes unplayed games and sneak in the playoffs?
Swamp Bowl II Champ
CT Tecmo 8 Champ

Leonard Fournette
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Leonard Fournette » Thu May 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Nos wrote:The problem with leagues these days is the passive nature of everyone in regards to playing games. If I didn't hunt down Cotton, hunt down Ziur, hunt down -- insert AIM handle here -- the games don't get played. Very few people ask me for league games. I count 2 or 3 guys in this league who do.

Where is bucsfan? He was contributing regularly to the boards with power rankings and the like, and now he is 1-6 with no sign of existence in at least 2-3 weeks, if not longer.

So he is single handedly involved in 3 of the 4 games that have not been played. The only game not involving him -- Ziur vs. Cotton -- both of whom I mentioned above.

Ziur is at least online all the time, and I've been able to schedule with him by being active, not passive. Cotton is just hardly ever available, IMO. However, when I got really active, sent him a PM, posted a scheduling post, the game got in.

No league is immune to passive scheduling.

I think for next season, in season deadlines with demerits / warnings / whatever you want to call them like HSTL / HSRL / ATA, etc. all use, are necessary.

Why bucsfan was allowed to not have any contact with anyone for 3 weeks isn't the fault of the league members, but partly resides on the shoulders of the commissioner.

These issues are some of the reasons I quit online tecmo the first time, and I can see my time on here may be limited again because of the effort it takes to play games these days.

IMO...

Bucsfan -- boot
Cotton -- potential boot
Ziur -- potential boot

Bring in drake, bring in war machine, bring in disastamasta, bring in any of these guys who just want to play games and are easy to schedule with. It's obvious who cares and who doesn't.
Cmon man. we always get our games in uncool
Ziur texted me a couple days ago if I wanted to play that night or the nexxt day..I said next day. Have not heard from him. Maybe busy idk but I have two back games left with Ziur and Bucsfan..also No one ever seems to respond to the multiple threads in the scheduling forum I put out so what am I supposed to do?
GEAUX TIGERS!

Leonard Fournette
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Leonard Fournette » Thu May 21, 2015 5:55 pm

I will accept responsibility thought because i have neglected to download the AIM app on my phone.
I know I can be unresponsive and hard to reach at times but I always respond to text and such. Now if someone asks "Why do I have to text you to get a game in?" That is a fair point and is my fault which I accept responsibility.
I really enjoy this league. Only league I am in.
I have gotten all my games in besides the two this season but I do post scheduling threads, bump em up, and I try.
If I do not try hard enough and I warrant a boot and replacement that would suck but is fine. I really enjoy this league and like being a part of it.

My apologies for being hard to reach. Whatever decision you come up with I will not argue against.
GEAUX TIGERS!

Leonard Fournette
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Leonard Fournette » Thu May 21, 2015 5:59 pm

I will also say that this league is a truly fun one. I love the grapple hack, every team has good QB's, Steve Gleason, etc.

So to anyone who wants to crap on this league or the competition here or the "prestige" whatever the hell that means can suck it. This league is one of a kind and very fun.
The rom is cool, owners are great players (Go look at my overall records), and every game is a challenge because of the having to earn your extra point rule. Just my $.02 to whoever has something bad to say about this league

Gerald and Boud you guys do a good job of running this thing as I have told you many times before G.
GEAUX TIGERS!

ziurziur
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby ziurziur » Fri May 22, 2015 5:01 am

I'm on aim all the time. If I don't look for its probably bc your not on that much. Everybody knows I'm on a lot. Whenever you get on just hit me up cause I do respond.

bgboud2
Starter
Starter

Postby bgboud2 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Leonard Fournette wrote:I will accept responsibility thought because i have neglected to download the AIM app on my phone.
I know I can be unresponsive and hard to reach at times but I always respond to text and such. Now if someone asks "Why do I have to text you to get a game in?" That is a fair point and is my fault which I accept responsibility.
I really enjoy this league. Only league I am in.
I have gotten all my games in besides the two this season but I do post scheduling threads, bump em up, and I try.
If I do not try hard enough and I warrant a boot and replacement that would suck but is fine. I really enjoy this league and like being a part of it.

My apologies for being hard to reach. Whatever decision you come up with I will not argue against.

So do you have the aim app yet?
XFL BOLTS S3 12-0

Leonard Fournette
All-Star
All-Star

Postby Leonard Fournette » Fri May 22, 2015 11:01 pm

Ya
GEAUX TIGERS!

Return to “XFL Archive”